Fourth Annual CAG NCAA March Madness Tourney Contest (Winning Scenarios in post 439!)

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
The First, Second,and Third Annual March Madness contests have gone very well with all three going down to the wire in determining the winners. I've got a few games to add to the prize pool, along with maybe a few more that I may be getting soon, and maybe some donated games from generous CAGs (if you'd like to donate games, please PM me). This contest will be conducted through Yahoo's Tourney Pick-'em set-up, which streamlines the process and just lets everyone worry about their picks.

Current Prize Pool
Dragon Quest Swords (Wii) - Mint complete
Geometry Wars Galaxies (Wii) - Mint complete
MLB 08: The Show (PS2) - Mint complete
MLB Power Pros (Wii) - xpacdos
Def Jam Vendetta (GC) -xpacdos
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (DS) With Mia Fay mini figurine - FFMooglestar
2x Sealed 3rd Party Gamecube Controllers - FFMooglestar
3x Sealed Sony 128MB Memory Stick Pro Duos - FFMooglestar
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (DS) - Mint Complete - killswitch64
Rappala Tournament Fishing (Wii) - Mint Complete - killswitch64

Right now, the tourney itself is still being set up and will be set in stone on Selection Sunday (check out ESPN or whoever else that's doing coverage). However, in the meanwhile, you can sign up and join the CAG group to reserve your spot. The deadline to get your picks in is five minutes before the first game starts on Thursday, March 20.

Just head to here to create your pick set and then go here and enter the group ID# (58976) and password (cheapyd) to sign up and join the group. The only thing I require of you is to post here if your pick set name or yahoo ID doesn't match your CAG ID so that I know it's you. If I see people who haven't done this come Wednesday night (March 19), you will be booted. This year, it seems that Yahoo has increased the amount of people a group can hold to 500 people, so I think we'll have enough for anyone that wants to join. If we do reach that total, I'll create a new group for the rest of the CAGs that want to enter.

I will probably pick winners the same way I did last year: the top 3 scorers will get prizes. Depending on how many prizes there are, the top winner will get first pick on the list, then second place, and third place gets what's left.

Feel free to chat about the tourney, your team's chances, and all that fun stuff once you sign up. If you have any questions post here.

Also, keep your posts civil and mature. If you can't do that, then don't post in this thread.

just signed up and can't wait, my bracket name is scfan919 just like my name on here...i missed out on the super bowl pool, and I don't want to miss out on this one, so i went ahead and got my spot!!! By the way, do we pick by round, or the whole thing, and also, how is the scoring done?

My two favorite teams should be in the tourney (Kansas State & Notre Dame) although I don't have very high hopes of them going very far.

[quote name='SpitFire158']I'm a total noob: which one of the three do i pick?[/quote]
I'm not sure what you mean.

[quote name='scfan919']just signed up and can't wait, my bracket name is scfan919 just like my name on here...i missed out on the super bowl pool, and I don't want to miss out on this one, so i went ahead and got my spot!!! By the way, do we pick by round, or the whole thing, and also, how is the scoring done?[/quote]
You'll be picking all at once. Scoring info can be found here, as we'll be using the standard Yahoo scoring rules.

Had to make a new yahoo account (I always forget my name/passwords for them sicne I hate yahoo) but I'm in

Signed up. I usually only pick one right to go to the Final Four. =(

EDIT: I'm shindoku21 - yoyoyodough or something like that. =p

Thanks for running this, just signed up. My Yahoo user name is "sportsphd."

Good luck to all!

Signed up.

yahoo id: mlbfan_86
bracket name: knifefish

I hope I don't screw up in the regional semis as I have in years past and that I don't make unfounded upset picks. Kind of sucks when I only watch college basketball on lazy Saturdays during the regular season...

[quote name='xpacdos']signed up as well go Jayhawks!![/quote]

You had better hope the Chickenhawks don't get a first round match-up with a "B" team. It'd be such a shame if they crapped out against a Bucknell or Bradley again;)

[quote name='scrub0bk']signed up, bracketname is my username.

im hopin for west virginia and duke to go far[/quote]

I hope if West Virginia makes the tourney they are put in the same bracket as K-State. I'd like to see Beasley and Walker get a chance to take down that bastard Bob Huggins.

I'm in, pick name "Pitino's white suit", say hello to my little friend. I was wondering when the CAG bracket was going up. Hopefully the Cards can erase the memories of the horrible past 2 games.

[quote name='Chitown021']My two favorite teams should be in the tourney (Kansas State & Notre Dame) although I don't have very high hopes of them going very far.[/quote]

i could see Beasley pulling a carmelo and leading K State pretty far in the tourney

[quote name='ritchardf']i could see Beasley pulling a carmelo and leading K State pretty far in the tourney[/quote]
K-State is young and talented. They have the ability to beat anyone if they play their best and they can also crap out very easily if things don't go their way. Beasley and especially Walker tend to get frustrated and in foul trouble very easily.

my yahoo user name is Josefina V. ( my moms name, i'm just too lazy to change it) my bracket name is Compton.

GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just joined. Bracket name is Dustoise/Orko. As long as UNC goes down, I'm happy. From NC and can't stand them.

[quote name='Orko']Just joined. Bracket name is Dustoise/Orko. As long as UNC goes down, I'm happy. From NC and can't stand them.[/quote]

That's the way I am with Kansas. Once the Chickenhawks go down I can truly enjoy the tournament.

bread's done
Back