CAGcast #111: The Gay Job

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Cheapy finishes Army of Two, gives an update on his YouTube suspension and tries to get Wombat fired from his new job before he even starts. We also have a Smash Bros. Brawl, ride on the Bizarro Hype Wagon, cover new releases, industry news, your CAGbag questions, and so much more!

Win Ninja Reflex (DS/Wii)
Win Lost Odyssey (360)

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast111.mp3[/media]
Download
- 106 minutes, 48MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Random Bonus Pictures

By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song

[MEDIA]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3[/MEDIA]

When Osaka Grandma is here, I can get the show up quicker because she makes me lunch! Today we had udon.

Did Wombat say that Guitar Hero 1 is the only title for the PS2?
Silly Wombat. Also the whole gay job thing wasn't as funny as CheapyD imagined. Wombat giving his old boss shit was a way better story. However, Wombat talking about banner ads for assless chaps will be funny.

[quote name='Autumn Star']Off to a good start.

P.s. America needs white day.[/quote]

We do, it's called Valentines Day.

The counter-holiday would be Steak and a Blowjob day, which is today.

Come on Cheapy. Didn't you watch "School Ties?" Brendan Fraser was both an excellent football player and Jewish. I'm deeply disappointed.

[quote name='jalopez86']Come on Cheapy. Didn't you watch "School Ties?" Brendan Fraser was both an excellent football player and Jewish. I'm deeply disappointed.[/quote]Ah, the magic of Hollywood. ;)

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']We do, it's called Valentines Day.

The counter-holiday would be Steak and a Blowjob day, which is today.[/quote]

hell yeah steak and bj day! i'll actually be getting neither. can i get a whoa ramen noodles and banging out an ex?:lol:

[quote name='thorbahn3']Did Wombat say that Guitar Hero 1 is the only title for the PS2? [/quote]

No, he said it's the only system you could play the first Guitar Hero on.

2329052824_c98b68f190_m.jpg

Remember when gay use to mean happy. Then somehow it started to mean male homosexual, but for some reason the word isn't allowed to transform its meaning into lame or bad.

2nd Cagcast in a row that locks up Zunes. Cheapy.. whatever you changed you gotta fix that brotha'. Some people don't use iPods..

p.s. that picture of Tai is adorable

[quote name='smoger']2nd Cagcast in a row that locks up Zunes. Cheapy.. whatever you changed you gotta fix that brotha'. Some people don't use iPods..

p.s. that picture of Tai is adorable[/quote]

I didn't change anything...I swear. Has there been a Zune firmware upgrade recently?
If someone wants to do a little test for me...try clearing out the ID tags and artwork and see if that helps. I really don't know what else to try.

[quote name='CheapyD']I didn't change anything...I swear. Has there been a Zune firmware upgrade recently?
If someone wants to do a little test for me...try clearing out the ID tags and artwork and see if that helps. I really don't know what else to try.[/quote]

Hrmm, strange. No firmware updates recently either. I'll mess around with it if I get some time over the weekend and see if I can figure out what the deal is.

Luckily I'm at the office now so I'll be listening shortly on iTunes.

[quote name='smoger']2nd Cagcast in a row that locks up Zunes. Cheapy.. whatever you changed you gotta fix that brotha'. Some people don't use iPods..

p.s. that picture of Tai is adorable[/quote]

I had this problem last week, I just deleted it and redownloaded. It worked fine (maybe cheapy was getting back at microsoft.) No problems this week though.

hmmm, i like how Cheapy kept referring to SSBB as Melee even tho Wombat mentioned the correct name and Cheapy STILL said Melee. haha...nice.

Wow. Wombat's exasperated sighs at Cheapy's gay jokes were exactly how I felt. Cheapy, lay off already. You don't "bank" some sort of homopoints by not using gay perjoratively, you just sound- gasp- mature when you don't talk like a freshman in high school. Then again this is the only video game podcast featuring shit eating for money. :lol:

Kudos to wombat on the new job, though. :)

Just a note on taxes:

Cheapy had it right. Writing off business expenses on your taxes simply means that you don't pay tax on the money spent for that item.

It doesn't mean you get to write off the whole item and, essentially, not pay for it.

It's a 'tax deduction' (it reduces your taxable income) not a 'tax credit' (a credit towards the taxes you owe - or don't owe, as the case may be and then you get subsidized by the rest of us for living (Earned Income Tax + Child tax credits + low income can equal you getting back money without ever paying in.)

Just mentioning it because many get it confused.

I wondered if others were having Zune troubles; too bad the White Day CAGcast doesn't play on my white Zune. Although I only had issues with this week's 'cast. Thankfully I'm shackled to a computer all day anyway.

Awesome pic of Tai.

I think the Cags on news theme song is what I wait for most in each cagcast.

in fact where can I download the mp3?

[quote name='sdp']I think the Cags on news theme song is what I wait for most in each cagcast.

in fact where can I download the mp3?[/quote]

[MEDIA]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3[/MEDIA]

I'll add it to the OP.

Tai is thinking "WTF do you think your doing making me wear this. IM NOT A TEADY BEAR!!! Grrrr!!! :bomb:"

Joking aside he is very cute in it and I had one when I was his age, still in some baby clothing downstairs, like what he has but with out the bear face and it was yellow.

[quote name='sdp']I think the Cags on news theme song is what I wait for most in each cagcast.

in fact where can I download the mp3?[/quote]

yea, it's so cheesy and funny.

i miss when Cheapy plays the opening boot-up sounds from the consoles when he discusses games from those specific consoles. Cheapy, any chance of bringing that back?

damm i hate you guy hating on Smash Bro Brawl one of the best games of the year i notice people that isn't good at the game think its meh when brawl has major dept as a fighter

anyone want to play me on a 1 on 1?

Bust a Groove FTW!

Chemical Love.

While I was in Walmart last time they had a "I Heart Me" keychain that looked exactly like Hiro's t-shirt... I had to resist buying it.

The sequel wasn't half as good. I need to get the US soundtrack here eventually.

Cheapy?! Way to pat yourself on the back for being a postive role model in defeating the usage of gay negatively then find a comedy loophole and proceed to abuse it. I've listened long enough to know you are an equal oppurtunity offender and even frequently make fun of youself, and hey its all in good fun...but I fear Wombat's new colleagues may not know you well enough to find the humor. Let us know how that first day at the new job goes, wombat!

bread's done
Back