Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #111: The Gay Job

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#91 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

I thinks it kind of funny how your show has lots of not safe for work content, yet the Shipwrecks' podcast, which is called Foreplay is clean as a whistle. Remeber Wombat, that a job that can help you support a family is a job worth keeping. I work at a phone company and there are lots of gay people working there and you'd be surprised how some sterotypes don't hold up.
Posted Image Posted Image

#92 Corizzle

Corizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

New listener, good show. What is the Stock Exchange CheapyD was talking about selling the stock on Super Smash Bros.?

#93 Zero_Kirby

Zero_Kirby

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

New listener, good show. What is the Stock Exchange CheapyD was talking about selling the stock on Super Smash Bros.?

He is talking about http://www.thesimexc...page_trader.php

#94 Chronotrigga

Chronotrigga

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:14 AM

Props.

Posted Image

#95 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:57 AM

Seemed like Cheapy and Wombat turned into teenagers again with all the talk of gay things, dicks, and such for the first half of the show. Good show though.

#96 jonnyflash

jonnyflash

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:28 AM

Hey guys, once again you're dumping on the Wii. Sure, there are plenty of shitty ports out there that have lackluster controls. But, I challenge anyone who has played Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy or RE:4 to say that's its impossible for a traditional game to work well with the Wii-mote and nunchuck. RE:4, in my mind, proves that all it takes is a little good design and programming to make more traditional games work on the Wii. So quit dumping on the Wii and start dumping on bad game design.
The SuperCandid Podcast! Reviews of the latest, greatest, and not-so greatest Christian movies. Do they all really suck or does it just seem that way? Tune in to find out.

Add me on Wii Connect 24 and any of the DS games I have listed! Friend Codes suck, but it looks like we're stuck so might as well bend over for them.

#97 io

io

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

Anywho, in regards to the "how long can we keep doing this?" segment towards the end.. I'm just slightly older than Cheapy and I've wondered how long I'll be into gaming. We're in unchartered territory here, we're the first generation that grew up with video games our entire lives (got my first Intellivision when I was 7 or 8). There's no precedent for when one should "outgrow" gaming so who's to say we won't be playing in the nursing home?

Well, I've got a few years on Cheapy and while I grew up on games (arcade first and then the Atari) I kind of dropped out of it as I hit my teenage years. I just thought I grew out of it at that point. I played a few computer games after that (as they had way more substance than the non-saveable games I had played as a kid) but basically I didn't get back into this stuff until I was about Cheapy's age because I got a Gamecube for my kids one Christmas. That led to a GBA, then to a PS2, then to the DS and PSP, and finally the Wii and 360 (with a PS3 to come eventually). Now I play games more than ever - probably even more than when I was a kid, to be honest ;). I don't see myself stopping any time soon. Like the guy who asked the question and Cheapy himself, I almost find *more* time now that I'm fairly settled with a wife and kids.

#98 SeanNOLA

SeanNOLA

Ohwur? Mybur.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

I think your argument about Super Smash Frank is very weak. There wouldn't be a game here otherwise. And you only seem to use this argument for Nintendo games, and not any other franchise. Why not throw it out there for God of Frank or Franko? Seriously, the argument gets weaker every time you use it and it lowers the standards you have by bringing up again and again.

I completely disagree. The reason this argument works so well with Nintendo games, specifically Mario games, is that very few core gameplay elements are translated from one game to the next. In fact, the only thing linking each game is a loose association of characters, not even a cohesive story. Nothing links "Super Mario Bros" to "Mario and Luigi" to "Mario Sunshine" to "Mario Galaxy" except for the fact that Mario stars in all of them. No one is saying they would be bad games without Mario, but they are saying that because they are Mario games, they are not always looked at with the sort of critical eye that a "frank" game would get.

As for "God of Frank" and "Franko": God of War doesn't have the fanbase that Mario has yet, so it still doesn't get the rose colored glasses. Plus, since each God of War game is inherently similar, changing the main character wouldn't make as huge a difference to the game. The same goes for "Franko," however, you also need to keep in mind that "Frank of Duty 4" is doing a much better job of keeping 360 FPS fans happy than Halo 3, so in a sense, the Frank arguement held up nicely there: if you take Master Chief out, people will still play an FPS. The Frank arguement would be better suited for when Halo Wars comes out. Then the question is "without Master Chief, is it still a good RTS?"
Likewise, ask yourself, "without Mario, would I like Smash?" There is a similar game called "Dream Mix TV:World Fighters" in which you can play as Optimus Prime, Simon Belmont and Snake (again) but no nintendo licenses. it didn't sell as well. So what does that say? You decide.

#99 outlawmoogle

outlawmoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:29 AM

I was thinking about Cheapy's complaints that Brawl has no online ranking system and I think it goes back to Mario Kart DS and other early online DS games. Mario Kart DS was plagued by people disconnecting early if they saw they would lose in order to protect their ranking. Since Nintendo has no unified online system, and therefore no way to punish people that cheat, they probably decided to scrap any kind of ranking system in Brawl. They need to come up with a non-shitty online system already.

Posted Image

"Alita! Oh, snapplecakes! She soooo foine!"

#100 Cynical

Cynical

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:45 AM

Serious Fucking business.

#101 mnine

mnine

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:34 AM

CAGS on News theme song, HOLY SHIT! Impulse download.

Why didn't somebody tell me I wanted to download this!

#102 bbf

bbf

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:42 AM

re: Xbox360 Repair in the US
The first time (not RRoD) before the 3 year warranty extension, got the same unit back with the same serial number, but no sheet listing what was done to it.
Second time, RRoD, didn't even get the same unit back, and no sheet telling what was done, either.

CheapyD, I agree with with the others that you should take it easy on the "Gay" jokes since it may get Wombat "un-hired" from his new job. Other than that, keep up the entertaining blog-casting.

#103 doc_zaius

doc_zaius

Beware the beast, Man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:44 PM

Cheapy: And the week after that you'll say...
Wombat: Man my asshole hurts...

Dude, you're not funny.

#104 doc_zaius

doc_zaius

Beware the beast, Man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:48 PM

Remember when gay use to mean happy. Then somehow it started to mean male homosexual, but for some reason the word isn't allowed to transform its meaning into lame or bad.

gee, wonder why...?

could it be that a transition from Happy to male Homosexual is seen as a positive association while a transition from male Homosexual to Lame or Bad is a degrading one?

#105 doc_zaius

doc_zaius

Beware the beast, Man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

CheapyD, don't eat sentient animals that are of comparable intelligence to humans. :(

Republicans?

I KEED! I KEEEEED!

#106 tomscab

tomscab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

Way to go Wombat! that made my day hearing what you said to your boss

#107 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:29 AM

there wont be any nazis in the lego indiana jones game not that its good to have them but takes away the sense of the movie and originality

Posted Image

#108 tomscab

tomscab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:36 AM

Hey CheapyD,
You and your bathroom gaming habits were metioned in Joystiq podcast #41-Army of Three. Chris Grant said he started bringing his psp into the bathroom with him.

#109 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:51 AM

So I guess no Anno 1701 contest? Seems wombat likes it enough and I'd probably like it too. Being able to make a map with no competion sounds fun for a while till I get the need to go to war.

#110 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:16 AM

This was the 2nd CAGcast I've listened to and I am officially hooked.

Awesome podcast guys you have a new longterm fan!

#111 mriswyth

mriswyth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

Forget CAGs on News... I demand more of the hit remix CAGs on Bags (feat. Wombat)!

#112 SzechwanChicken

SzechwanChicken

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

i still dont know what wombats new job is. you said the cagcast listeners would be able to figure it out, so i gues that makes me retarded. you might not be able to go ahead and say the exact name on the podcast, but i would like more hints at least as to what wombats job is.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/SzechwanChicken]Posted Image[/url] Posted Image

#113 Anthem

Anthem

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:43 AM

Wow, get a look at Tai and his big anime eyes!

#114 Ramza394

Ramza394

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:41 PM

Hey Cheapy D and Wombat my wife and I just started listening to you podcast and are now totally hooked, you rock :applause:. My wife did make the comment though on how come their are no pictures of your significant others, are they trying to keep their identity secret?

#115 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:44 AM

Is the new one up on the site yet because it downloaded off of itunes?
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins. - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

#116 fredy182

fredy182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:37 AM

I CANT DOWNLOAD IT FROM iTUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTfuck