Photo
- - - - -

New Gamefly Trade-In Program (Beta)

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

Why not just sell your games on Amazon, Ebay or Craigslist and get more money.

#32 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

Why not just sell your games on Amazon, Ebay or Craigslist and get more money.

Because there are inherent hassles with all of those options. Ebay and Amazon obviously take a chunk of your sales, and you have to deal with a lot of bullshit, including policies that clearly take the buyer's side in a dispute, even in situations where the buyer is in the wrong. And though Craigslist has no fees, you are exposed to a lot less people, and you have to deal with lowballers, people backing out, people not showing up, and the small chance the person you're going to meet will cave you and/or friends' heads in with a hammer.

#33 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:57 AM

its been in beta for the last 2+ years... I send in all of the goozex 100 pt games i get

i got almost 400 bucks credit over there at gamefly

there are a lot of Ds games that they give 8.28 for that you would never get that much off ebay/amazon.gamestop
WOOOO I STINK

#34 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:40 AM

So im guessing the only way to get in is to be invited?

I've been a member for almost a year, but i couldn't find anything in the FAQ section.

538822.png

#35 camnipotent

camnipotent

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

Hey all,

I couldn't find a post anywhere about this. I was just browsing my GameQ and saw the option to trade in used games to GameFly for a credit toward your account subscription. Just an FYI!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

What does it say when you click on "What is This?" Does it give any more information about the promotion?
Posted Image

#37 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

wow. what a shitty price for far cry 2. go sell it on ebay and get double that easy.

#38 duckydan

duckydan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

They've been doing this for months now. I remember during their Christmas sale you could flip games back to them at a profit.

#39 camnipotent

camnipotent

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

This is the 'Details' page:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 DGenerateKane

DGenerateKane

Former Kanenite

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

They have been doing it for years, I've had access for nearly a year myself. Most of the prices are better than what GC or GS will give you straight up. What kills it is the shipping.
Posted Image

#41 BShea

BShea

Devoted Deal Seeker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

yeah this has been going on since I could remember. The trade in values aren't really worth writing home about.

#42 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

Yeah they've been doing this for well over a year, it's nothing new.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#43 MarkHawk

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

I still rather go Goozex route. I wish more people would sign up though. I really want to see larger numbers on 4 month old titles. Im still trying to find a cheap way to get Fable 2.

(You can use the link below to check out the site or above. It also helps KingofOldschool and Me if you like the program.)
Posted Image
"Come on! It's only a Dollar!"

Goozex | Twitter |
Website | Data-Cast Podcast | Facebook | XBL Gamer Card | PSN ID

#44 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

I still rather go Goozex route. I wish more people would sign up though. I really want to see larger numbers on 4 month old titles. Im still trying to find a cheap way to get Fable 2.

(You can use the link below to check out the site or above. It also helps KingofOldschool and Me if you like the program.)

last year you could do both and make good cash. I did it and got 18 months for free

pick up 100 pt games on goozex sell them to gamefly for 8.28 each or more and repeat

Now though with lack of 100 pt games and how badly the gamefly trades have fallen its not worth the time

o and your credits Can only be used for normal price membershp fees .... So you cant buy a 1 year prepaid and get 20% off
WOOOO I STINK

#45 MarkHawk

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:38 PM

last year you could do both and make good cash. I did it and got 18 months for free

pick up 100 pt games on goozex sell them to gamefly for 8.28 each or more and repeat

Now though with lack of 100 pt games and how badly the gamefly trades have fallen its not worth the time

o and your credits Can only be used for normal price membershp fees .... So you cant buy a 1 year prepaid and get 20% off

I'm not really in it for the profit. I know you didn't say I was but I wanted to make that clear.

I hate seeing my games leave me for nothing then sold back for a fortune. I recall trading in 4 or 5 games for "Bad Company" only to trade it in 2 months later towards a points card. I got 19.00 dollars. Not only that but I watched my special edition sell for 54.00 dollars. It sat there for 2 weeks before someone bought it.

I use ebay most of the time. Rarly will I go to GS unless I was impulsive. But Im sick of giving them 5 dollars for every game I sell plus I normally offer free shipping.

Recently I started trying Goozex and I think I may like it. It's just trading games for 1 dollar. The system isn't perfect but I think it's going to evolve and blow up into something better over the next 3 years. I'm hopeful.

That's why I am suggesting it. The Goozex site itself seems to be making its money from advertising more then sales. Which seems good for me. But again will see how it works out.
Posted Image
"Come on! It's only a Dollar!"

Goozex | Twitter |
Website | Data-Cast Podcast | Facebook | XBL Gamer Card | PSN ID

#46 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

http://www.gamefly.com/TradeIn/

Posted Image

Note: You must have three charges on your gamefly bill in order to be eligble.

#47 Chanash

Chanash

StuckOnLvL1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

I remember this being in beta a while back. Is the credit still only usable towards your monthly fee? Or can you use it to buy games now too?
[URL="http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Csma"]
Posted Image
[/URL]http://live.xbox.com/member/csma

#48 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

From what it looks like it's a bit hard to tell, but I would think that both would apply.

#49 Chanash

Chanash

StuckOnLvL1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:31 AM

Go to a game and click on WHATS THIS? next to trade-in here is what pops up. I HOPE its not the case, but when this was in BETA a year ago it was only towards your membership fee. I found this by just clicking around, but can't find any other info

Now you can trade in the games you own for credit toward your GameFly membership fees!
Click the TRADE-IN button to find out more about how it works

[URL="http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Csma"]
Posted Image
[/URL]http://live.xbox.com/member/csma

#50 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:42 AM

yeah from what it looks like it's for monthly bills only... let's hope that changes.

#51 Choffy

Choffy

@bentolmachoff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:49 AM

Still a good idea. Not only am I happy that I can get credit towards my bill, but now more games will be more readily available.

#52 juggernot91

juggernot91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

They are on the right track here, but yeah, it would be nice to be able to purchase new games using the trade in system.
Posted Image Game-A-Holic :)

#53 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

trade in is only good towards Monthly fees. NOrmal price monthly fees. so you cant even buy the 1 year plans at a discount using the cash... sad
WOOOO I STINK