Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

What are you currently reading? Post here!

• Please log in to reply
3746 replies to this topic

#91 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:12 PM

Just got this in the mail over an hour ago...Sweet. it'll be interesting to see how Bradbury one of my favorite Sci-fi writers takes on Noir fiction.

Posted Image

#92 BluesCluesMama

BluesCluesMama

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:12 PM

lol Somebody either didn't read it or just skimmed or REALLY didn't like it enough to care about the author.

#93 m3talst0rm

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

Just read Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. I really enjoyed it, great female coming-of-age graphic novel.
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/m3talst0rm

Posted Image

#94 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:45 AM

I hate to pimp shit but someone I know is running a special evilBay auction to raise money to pay taxes this year. Winning bidder gets to tell him which political books to burn, a video of said burning, the books that you didn't have burned and a special inscribed copy of his new book, Ravenous, that comes out on April 1st from Leisure. I think its a pretty cool auction from Mr. Garton

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#95 squid

squid

sweetdiculous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:39 AM

I am trying to finish Abstract Wild by Jack Turner. It's rough going, Turner is just a wee bit off. For fun I am working my way through the Flashman Papers for a third time. It's such a fun series.

#96 lookForA000

lookForA000

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:56 AM

I want to read Drawing of the Three..

#97 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

I finished Revelation by Karen Traviss, I think I'm going to read Splinter of the Mind's Eye now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#98 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:18 AM

I'm loving the show John Adams so I'm thinking I'm gonna bump 1776 up in my reading rotation. As a matter of fact I think I'll do it immediately and put away Ishmael.

Posted Image

#99 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

Just finished I Am Legend. Pretty decent, but the ending was lame. There were some cool short stories at the end of the book, too. I'm anxious to see the movie now.

#100 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:15 PM

I'm loving the show John Adams so I'm thinking I'm gonna bump 1776 up in my reading rotation. As a matter of fact I think I'll do it immediately and put away Ishmael.

You'll be pretty disappointed in 1776 if you're looking for info on Adams in 1776. Pick up McCollough's book on him for a bio on Adams.

#101 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

You'll be pretty disappointed in 1776 if you're looking for info on Adams in 1776. Pick up McCollough's book on him for a bio on Adams.

No, I know 1776 is about Washington. That's what intrigued me .. he's a character so to speak on "John Adams" and now I want to know more about his story. Stuff you dont read about as a kid in history class.

Posted Image

#102 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:37 PM

No, I know 1776 is about Washington. That's what intrigued me .. he's a character so to speak on "John Adams" and now I want to know more about his story. Stuff you dont read about as a kid in history class.

I should have mentioned, too, that 1776 isn't all that great. You can tell that it's a hastily put together book that really doesn't say much about the American Revolution.

#103 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

Just finished I Am Legend. Pretty decent, but the ending was lame. There were some cool short stories at the end of the book, too. I'm anxious to see the movie now.

LoL - when I read that story I read right through the ending and I didn't realize at first that the short stories were different. I was like - WTF with the knives when did the vamps get telekinesis powers.

#104 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:44 PM

LoL - when I read that story I read right through the ending and I didn't realize at first that the short stories were different. I was like - WTF with the knives when did the vamps get telekinesis powers.

I did that myself. As I was reading I thought to myself, "Why are vamipres at a carnival?" :lol:

I finished up World War Z a few weeks ago, and now I'm considering The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, since I've always wanted to read it.

#105 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:46 PM

I did that myself. As I was reading I thought to myself, "Why are vamipres at a carnival?" :lol:

I finished up World War Z a few weeks ago, and now I'm considering The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, since I've always wanted to read it.

Prepared to be shocked, it's very different from the movie.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#106 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

Prepared to be shocked, it's very different from the movie.

I anticipated that, which is the reason I'm interested in wanted to read it.

If possible I'd like to track down and read the first 14 Oz books by the original author.

#107 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

I anticipated that, which is the reason I'm interested in wanted to read it.

If possible I'd like to track down and read the first 14 Oz books by the original author.

There are two really nice leather bound editions that have all the books in them that sell for fairly cheaply, I think around $20 each.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#108 Chris S

Chris S

What custom user title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:16 AM

I should have mentioned, too, that 1776 isn't all that great. You can tell that it's a hastily put together book that really doesn't say much about the American Revolution.

I enjoyed 1776 and am looking forward to reading John Adams later on this year. I was wondering too if Truman any good? I don't typically hear anyone talk about that book when discussing McCullough's work?

#109 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:47 AM

Posted Image

friend of mine told me to check this guy out, said he was one of the more under-rated writers during the splatterpunk movement. Today I found quite a few books of his at the used book store.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#110 HotShotX

HotShotX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

After finishing up The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, both by Max Brooks, I'm now reading The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama.

~HotShotX

#111 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

Reluctant Crusaders by Colin Dueck.

#112 strummerbs

strummerbs

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:01 PM

Finishing up Shriek: An Afterword by Jeff VanderMeer, probably start Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell tonight.
Posted Image

#113 mrchainsaw

mrchainsaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:12 PM

I got Hoop Dreams at my library and I decided to stop reading You Shall Know Our Velocity! and start it. I'm about half way through it and I'm loving it.

#114 m3talst0rm

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:24 AM

The Watchmen by Alan Moore
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/m3talst0rm

Posted Image

#115 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:07 AM

Finished up Solipsist last night (great fucking read), and decided that the time isn't right for Only Revolutions or Naked Lunch, so I picked up Snow Crash instead.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#116 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:34 AM

Rereading Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson.
My new fave anime: Lucky Star

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Prostitution is a combination of sex & free enterprise. Which of those are you opposed to? -SensibleErection

I don't date women with more than zero children -jaykrue

#117 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:05 AM

Posted Image

#118 pittpizza

pittpizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:53 PM

I commute alot so I "read"/listen to books on tape. They go REALLY FAST.

Now I am in the middle of The Fountainhead, (abridged) by Ayn Rand....Yes, Bioshock did make me interested in Rand initially. Before this I listened to/read The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

I am actually READing my third Dan Brown book, Deception Point, I also read The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, and I think the last was my favorite of the three and foresee it staying that way.

Before that I read Crime and Punishment, by Dostoyevsky. Before that was A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens, and before that was all three Lord of the Rings books. To this day that was probably my favorite read, Tolkein rocks.

For those interested in military history: Flags of Our Fathers by James Bradley (son of one of the flagraisers), and House to House: Playing the Enemy's Game in Saigon, May 1968 by William Nolan. <--Part of this book actually follows my uncle's squad. They suffered many losses and more than once, my uncle was the only one to return out of his entire squad.
Wii-Sixty FTWiin. Fanboys STFU & GTFO!

Now playing: Assassin's Creed 2, Battlestations Pacific, Madden 10, Army of Two, 40th Day.

Recently beat: Bioshock (again).

#119 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:53 AM

Uhm. Banewreaker by Jacqueline Carey. It's a little too emo/goth for my tastes, but the charachertization is good. Nice to read a fantasy novel w/o a clear cut distinction between the hero and villan.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#120 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:02 AM

Choke by Palahniuk.

Just started and about half way through, quite good so far.