Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

What are you currently reading? Post here!

• Please log in to reply
3746 replies to this topic

#1471 ninjaspeedrazor

ninjaspeedrazor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:06 PM

Reading The Cinema of Michael Mann right now, it's a pretty in depth look into all of his films up to Miami Vice. Interesting read for anyone who is a fan of his films.

#1472 5of9

5of9

Resistance is Futile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

Physics of The Impossible By Michio KaKu. I like his radio show but the book was a little dry and not as interesting as i thought it would be.

Posted Image

#1473 5of9

5of9

Resistance is Futile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

Judas Unchained by Peter Hamilton. It's the 2nd part of the story that was started in Pandora's Star. I can't put it down!

Be sure to pick up The Nights Dawn Trilogy. Another page turner by him.

Posted Image

#1474 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

Totally nerding out with Mass Effect: Ascension. Popcorn writing in the sci-fi gaming world.

#1475 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:40 PM

Posted Image

Just ordered this on Amazon. Should be getting it Wednesday. I can't wait to start, I've heard it's a fantastic series.

#1476 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image

Just ordered this on Amazon. Should be getting it Wednesday. I can't wait to start, I've heard it's a fantastic series.

Words cannot describe how good this series is. Be prepared to read about 4k pages. You'll enjoy every last one of them.
Xecutioner
CML

#1477 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

Just finished reading the average american guy. Quick read, funny and totally over the top, males rule type of a book.
Xecutioner
CML

#1478 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

Finished John Dies At The End last night. Possibly my new favorite novel, fucking hilarious. Now it's on to A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking. Hoping to get most of the way through before my next new book arrives.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#1479 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett. How many of his books have I read anyway?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#1480 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

Had a lot of down time at work, so read John and Dave and the Temple of X'al'naa'thuthuthu, part one of the sequel to John Dies At The End. I really really want David Wong to finish it now, as it's still hilarious.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#1481 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

Finished Up In The Air by Walter Kirn.

I'll be finished Joseph Conrad's Heart Of Darkness tonight and I'll be moving onto Timothy Findley's Headhunter.

#1482 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

Just breezed through The Art of Racing in the Rain yesterday. Very light but a nice, entertaining read
Posted Image
Now back to Alas, Babylon!

Posted Image

#1483 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

Finished Alas, Babylon and on to The Brethren

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1484 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

Everyone has been blowing their wad about "John Dies at the End" so I grabbed it from the library, will start tonight.

I'm just finishing up Empire Falls which was really surprisingly good.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#1485 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

The Empire Falls miniseries was pretty kickass. Talk about surprise endings. That shit threw me for a loop.

#1486 motorkill

motorkill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:44 AM

The Electric Church by Jeff Somers.

]

#1487 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

just finished a game of thrones. loved the first book, it didnt grab me as much as a wizards first rule, but i still enjoy the characters very much. hopefully the series keeps the pace unlike the sword of truth series did. i was a pretty sad with the deaths of a couple characters
Spoiler
but i had a feeling about some of them. oh well.

gonna start a clash of kings sometime today.

Posted Image

#1488 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

I couldn't even make it halfway through Wizard's First Rule. Probably because I read Martin's books first. They really spoil you. It's like trying to get into a cop show after you've already watched The Wire.

#1489 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

I couldn't even make it halfway through Wizard's First Rule. Probably because I read Martin's books first. They really spoil you. It's like trying to get into a cop show after you've already watched The Wire.

i read wizards first rule over a year ago, and subsequently the whole series and really enjoyed the first and most of the others.

i think goodkind might be a slightly better storyteller (so far) but martins characterization is superior. im about 50 pages into a clash of kings, trying to sneak in a few pages here and there while im at work.

Posted Image

#1490 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

i think goodkind might be a slightly better storyteller (so far)

Oh that will change. You'll see. It's so hard not to spoil anything. Grrr!

#1491 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

Oh that will change. You'll see. It's so hard not to spoil anything. Grrr!

yeah i already had one friend say something. he didnt use the characters name, but after reading the first book im fairly certain i know who he was talking about. so, hopefully its not them, and if it is, oh well. i had to cut him off and say i wasnt done yet.

Posted Image

#1492 VertigoMotel

VertigoMotel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

Im currently reading "Go Ask Alice" it's a true story, and in dairy-written form.
It's about a teenage girl who gets into hardcore drugs and dies in the end.
It's very interesting.

#1493 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

yeah i already had one friend say something. he didnt use the characters name, but after reading the first book im fairly certain i know who he was talking about. so, hopefully its not them, and if it is, oh well. i had to cut him off and say i wasnt done yet.

I wouldn't rely too much on your own suspicions though. I can't count how many times I tried predicting what would happen and was proven so very wrong. Especially in regards to who will live or die. The third book has an "event" that will just blow your fucking mind and you'll probably stop reading for a few minutes just to process what happened. I get goosebumps imagining how it's going to transition to the screen for the HBO series.

#1494 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

I get goosebumps imagining how it's going to transition to the screen for the HBO series.

thats the main reason i started reading it now instead of the many other books waiting on my shelf to be read. originally i was going to wait for the 5th book to be released, but seeing as how its been delayed so many times and the HBO series officially being picked up and in production i decided to start.

Posted Image

#1495 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

Done with The Brethren and on to The World Made by Hand

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1496 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

Just finished Why E=mc2 (and why should we care?). Its a great book for non-physicists to get a grasp on why light is a constant and how time dilation works. Concepts like Minkowski space, Higgs Fields aren't covered to heavily which is why its not too difficult to read. You don't really need to know much mathematics to get through the book, Pythagorean Theorem is good enough. The latter half of the book goes over gauge theory and the Standard Model which may turn off some people but the first half is a very easy read.

Now to decide between The Road, The Picture of Dorian Gray, or one of the audiobooks many audio books on the hdd.
Posted Image

#1497 plasticbathmonki

plasticbathmonki