In The Groove + 2 pads 19.99

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 crumrin114

crumrin114

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:25 AM

The pads aren't very good to use as is, but their quality seems to be good enough to use them with some basic mods. My main complaints were:
1) The dead space in the middle is too small. It's not a big problem in normal DDR, but it's quite tricky to avoid the mines in ITG.
2) You can't feel where the arrows are with your feet, so it's easy to get offset from the correct position.

By the way, you can dump the song files off of the In The Groove disc and play them on Stepmania on your PC if you want. The process is a bit complicated though.

#32 legendoffanboy

legendoffanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:34 AM

Thanks a lot OP grabbed 2.

Also:

Save 10%

Use code: BABYSALE

#33 prmononoke

prmononoke

where not all racism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:22 AM

The pads aren't very good to use as is, but their quality seems to be good enough to use them with some basic mods. My main complaints were:
1) The dead space in the middle is too small. It's not a big problem in normal DDR, but it's quite tricky to avoid the mines in ITG.
2) You can't feel where the arrows are with your feet, so it's easy to get offset from the correct position.

By the way, you can dump the song files off of the In The Groove disc and play them on Stepmania on your PC if you want. The process is a bit complicated though.

I'll probably just turn off mines. Seriously, I just want what is essentially a more difficult DDR, and In the Groove without mines pretty much fits that need.
http://www.myspace.c...fmusicboyschoir
Check out my awesome band!

#34 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:53 AM

might bite since they are usefull for artwok.

#35 Ski Hawk

Ski Hawk

Digimon Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:23 AM

If you like 10+ footers, then you'll definitely like In The Groove. Almost every song has a stepchart that's 9-13 foot, and I think at least half of the songs are 10-13 footers. (Only 1 13 and like 5 12s)

Oh, trust me, I know how hard ITG/2 is. I only play it once a year when I go to Chicago, but I know how hard it is. So far I've beaten:

Destiny
Energizer
Delirium
Infection
Hardcore Symphony
Go 60 Go

And I'm pretty sure I can beat all of the 10s and 11s (except maybe for Monolith).

#36 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:49 AM

Damn, that's impressive. Energizer looks insanely tiring. Same with Destiny. I've only beaten a handful of 11's (robotix, charlene, the beginning, utopia...and that's probably it) and most of the 10's, but I beat them all without using a bar. I've never learned how to really use the bar; I feel like I'm leaning back too far when I try. I don't really play at the arcades all that much, anymore, though. Too expensive and too far away. Mainly go to my friend's house and play on his ps2/metal pads, but bar isn't an option there.

#37 McNutsack

McNutsack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:28 AM

I already have the Universal DDR pad they sell at Gamestops.
Would these be better? and worth the price?

I guess it wouldnt matter. I could always use an extra one to play as 2 controllers, yeah?
I just wanna know how bad they are, and what these "mods" are you speak of.
Maybe provide a link so we can make the pad better with these mods?

Oh, and I don't need the game, I use an HDD, so yeah. Take the game out of this all when you verify if this is a good / bad deal for me, since I wont be using it

#38 Ski Hawk

Ski Hawk

Digimon Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:30 AM

Damn, that's impressive. Energizer looks insanely tiring. Same with Destiny. I've only beaten a handful of 11's (robotix, charlene, the beginning, utopia...and that's probably it) and most of the 10's, but I beat them all without using a bar. I've never learned how to really use the bar; I feel like I'm leaning back too far when I try. I don't really play at the arcades all that much, anymore, though. Too expensive and too far away. Mainly go to my friend's house and play on his ps2/metal pads, but bar isn't an option there.

Bars are pretty much necessary for beating the really hard stuff. However, my weakness is my inability to play on my heels. I only play toes, which makes beating those songs extremely tough. I only have DDR in the arcades here in ND, and none of those songs really require playing flatfooted.

Also, Energizer and The Beginning are very fun. Very tiring, but fun. The Delirium hell run on the toes is a bitc too.