Death? [Post In PS3 101]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xrazor

CAGiversary!
I bought a PS3 for many reasons, a big one was that it wasn't gonna RROD like the 360. Lately I have been seeing threads on multiple forums with topics of dead Ps3's and I wanna know, what are the chances of mine breaking?

[quote name='chimpian']ive had no issues and thoroughly enjoy it :)

i agree your chances of it breaking are quite slim[/quote]

Same I think the people that posted are just the lucky people that bought a return at a store. The First nintendo wii I bought was like that.

academyvp2.jpg

"One of the first things we teach you at my Academy is that the PS3 never 'breaks', but rather is sentient enough to determine that it's in the best interest of its owner to take a hiatus from gaming to expand his or her personal scope...or perhaps catch up on some quality PS2 JRPGs or the exciting and ever-expanding PSP library."

(Seriously, I think the defective rate is very much in the acceptable 1-2% range. When Sony overtakes Microsoft--even in the States--in a couple years, this will probably be the main reason why.)

Yep, last count the 360 defective rate was 59% in the 6-12 month range. That's ridiculously high.

PS3 failures have been very low, no percentages known yet. However, one thing to note is that since the PS3 failures are so low, a single failure post gets kept on forums. Meanwhile on the 360 forums they stick all the failure info in one topic, of which there are a lot more posts. If they let single 360 failure topics stick around on the board it'd be overflowing with such posts.

I'd say the PS3 failure rate is around 5%, to be honest. Most common issue (probably 3-4%), is the blu-ray disc diode getting stuck, too dirty, and so on, so it can no longer read discs. Very few just get three beeps, yellow light of death error, or HDD failure.

If you've participated in the sony RLS program at any point, make sure you clean your games off of the drilled case debris before popping them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back