Not open for further replies.

Khondor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Finally going to get a PS3 next week.
What are the recommendatory accessories for a new user, and
what games should I look into?

I already have COD4 (360), so I dont need that one.

Thanks

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a must. Probably the only truly must have single player exclusive until MGS4 comes out imho. The level of immersion in the game is incredible. It feels like you're playing an Indiana Jones movie. I've heard great things about Folklore as well, but it seems to be hit or miss and only received medicore reviews from all sites other than IGN.

[quote name='Khondor']Finally going to get a PS3 next week.
What are the recommendatory accessories for a new user, and
what games should I look into?

I already have COD4 (360), so I dont need that one.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you're going to use the thing as a Blu-ray player, pick up a $20 bluetooth remote. It's worth it.

MjC

The only one i can truly recommend for PS3 is Resistance. Outside of that, you might as well get the equivalent on 360. I still have yet to try Uncharted, but what I hear of it is that it's another must own. So there, you have two. The other PS3 game I have is Virtua Fighter, which I regret not getting for 360.

Resistance and R&CF: Tools of Destruction are both quite good (though I am a bit biased :) ). There is a demo available for RCF, so you should give it a try at least.

Most of the Sony 1st party games are well worth picking up. Here are my favorites, in order. I've beaten them at least 2 times each:

1. Ratchet & Clank Future
2. Uncharted
3. Heavenly Sword
4. Folklore

Just too let you know... you should probably wait until June to get a PS3. Sony is releasing a new model PS3 bundles with a dual shock 3 and metal gear solid 4 (the game also got delayed until June). I'm pretty sure the price will remain the same as the 80 GB which is $500

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back