Photo
- - - - -

Used PS1 games-ebgames.com - Vagrant Story, Legend of Legaia, Bust a Groove

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

Well the game I wanted to get was only 9.99, so 15% of that is still only $1.50, and value shipping is $3. But I can't seem to get SAVER to work...

Ah, I see. It was working last night when I was testing out codes. Works when I have Suikoden and Legaia in there now but doesn't work when Legaia is in there on its own. So it's probably a glitch.

default.png2.png

#32 Stingercjc

Stingercjc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:01 PM

Tales of Destiny 2 is a great find at that price. I sold that game a few years back for a good chunk of change.

Just an FYI for those who have a PSP and are looking for the game - you can sometimes find the UK PSP port (done by UBISoft) on Ebay. I got mine new for 29.99 plus 6 dollars shipping. It's probably one of the best RPGs on the PSP, and sadly even though it's 100 percent in English, it will never see the light of day over here.

Search for "Tales of Eternia PSP" to find it.

#33 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:12 PM

I went in for ToDII. If worse comes to worse, I can probably find a box and manual on ebay.

#34 psiufoxx2

psiufoxx2

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:26 PM

This preowned product is guaranteed to work and may not include a box or instruction manual.

Translation: You ain't gettin' shit.

#35 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

are your orders going through? Someone check their order status page and let me know what it says. It seems odd that all of these fairly rare and cheap PS1 games are still up today + my Bust A Groove copy was backordered the second I ordered it.

#36 Caliburn

Caliburn

is Not E.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:37 PM

Ordering TOD2 took forever. I kept receiving "Oops! Game over!" pages in IE and FF, but I finally got an order through. I don't like EB sitting on my CC number for up to a year so I gave a 1 yr $36.00 limit Virtual CC.

My Gameinformer $2 Edge card number wouldn't work so I just ordered with CAG15 and my total came to $35.02 shipped value. Still good and I wasn't going to fret over $3.50.

My Trade List // Guides 4 Trade! // Trading Bio

My 2008 Videogame Tab // My 2008 Books Tab

"War as a video game ... what better way to raise the ultimate soldier." ~Iraquois Pliskin

"Run! Run! Or you'll be well done!" ~Kefka

"I just roped me a steer with this here lasso. It was a' bellowing "moo, pal! moo!"" ~Jake Marshall

#37 vherub

vherub

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:46 PM

interesting, I bought the 4 rpgs, will see what happens

#38 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

I tried to activate my edge card number on the web site (in my account) but it doesn't work. I tried both of the numbers on the back of the card just to be sure. It just keeps complaining and telling me to enter a valid edge card number. The card works fine in store. Has anyone been able to get their Edge card number to take? It's perhaps worth noting that this card is one of the $2 cards ordered from gameinformer and I don't have a subscription (and never have), but it does work in store without a problem.

Crunchewy.png

#39 forkyfork

forkyfork

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

Ordered BAG & LoL (teehee, what funny acronyms).

I've been waiting for BAG for-ever and was not interested in paying the ridiculous price online. Here's hoping.

And yeah, I got that "error" message a lot. I'm not sure how my order went through, actually.

#40 GAMERMASTERMAN

GAMERMASTERMAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

I highly recommend Legend of Legaia & Suikoden to anyone who likes RPGs. I loved em both.
And great price on Legaia too.
Posted Image
Shipwreck-"They mess with my McDonalds little person set, they're gunna get a little person in the head."

#41 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:33 PM

EB's new site has some problems since they upgraded. I've run into hanging pages, error messages, and bad request pages. Keep trying if any of this happens to you.

Also, I'm sure a snowball has a better chance in hell but I tried anyway.

#42 xAix

xAix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

Thanks OP, got ToD2 and Legaia. :)

#43 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:07 PM

Hey does anyone know what are the requirements for the coupon SAVER? I tried to use that for Legend of Legaia and it wouldn't let me.

Thanks,

Raz

I've read SAVER only works on orders over $25.

Yeah go ahead expecting that and I've also got some magic beans to sell you too. We can talk about it in the magic bean trade thread.

Look closer, that guy quoted the OP and put "HAVE IT" next to a couple games, that is what the "With case and manual" was about.

#44 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

I like how Madden 99 is $1.50. The trade in value must have been 15 cents to keep with their 10X markup tradition.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#45 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

I've read SAVER only works on orders over $25.

Look closer, that guy quoted the OP and put "HAVE IT" next to a couple games, that is what the "With case and manual" was about.

So he did. *gives him a cookie for his fine purchases*

default.png2.png

#46 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

This will not end well.

#47 vherub

vherub

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

If I get any games I ordered and they have case/manual--> fantastic
If I get any games and they don't look like they were used as footwear --> great
If my order gets cancelled and I am not charged --> oh well
If I get any games and have to return them due to dre --> hassle
If I get charged, and my order is backordered forever so I have to cancel --> hassle
If cancelling is a hassle--> minor burden

#48 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:42 PM

Awesome Deals!!!

#49 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

If cancelling is a hassle--> minor burden

Luckily, it isn't. After noticing Bust A Groove was backordered, I canceled right there on the orders page. Love that new feature (not that canceling before was a problem...it was always a 1 minute phone call for pre-orders and back orders.)

#50 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

Vagrant Story

is one of the greatest games ever period, I already have a Black label complete copy tho
Posted Image

#51 GTZ_NSR

GTZ_NSR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:09 PM

I want to pick up Vagrant Story, but checkout isn't working. It gets to the Shipping Information page (Step 2) and I can't go any further because everything is blank and clicking Edit Shipping Address causes the site to go to the "Game Over" page. Anyone else having this problem?

#52 BMoD

BMoD

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

Picked up LoL, thanks OP.

#53 drtomoe123

drtomoe123

OBJECTION!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

I've spent way too much money this past month, but I jumped on Legaia...like everyone else said, if it doesn't come with at least the case, I'll just return it, or probably try to flip it on ebay.

#54 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:06 PM

I want to pick up Vagrant Story, but checkout isn't working. It gets to the Shipping Information page (Step 2) and I can't go any further because everything is blank and clicking Edit Shipping Address causes the site to go to the "Game Over" page. Anyone else having this problem?

The site has been glitchy. You can always try the sister site of whatever one you're on (if on ebgames, try gamestop and vice-versa). Or try hitting refresh and then retry if it asks you, I was doing that a lot yesterday. I was using Internet Explorer as an FYI.

default.png2.png

#55 GTZ_NSR

GTZ_NSR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:16 AM

The site has been glitchy. You can always try the sister site of whatever one you're on (if on ebgames, try gamestop and vice-versa). Or try hitting refresh and then retry if it asks you, I was doing that a lot yesterday. I was using Internet Explorer as an FYI.

yeah I tried that. I was originally on EB's site and tried GS with no luck using either browser -_-

#56 DrFoo

DrFoo

I think I can beat you.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:32 AM

Yeah I can't even add anything to my cart right now. I press add to cart and then it goes to a screen saying 'your cart is empty.' I've also tried both sites on both IE and Firefox but no luck. I guess I won't be able to spend money at their store.

#57 Antic

Antic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:41 AM

It wouldn't work with Firefox for me. I switched to IE and then had no problems.

#58 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:42 AM

Vagrant Story

is one of the greatest games ever period, I already have a Black label complete copy tho

This. Remember to turn the smooth filter on your PS2/3 to make the game look better. it is very noticable in some areas.

11317.png

#59 jeremywoods

jeremywoods

ITS NOT LUPUS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:06 AM

i cant add anythign!?!?!

it keeps saying shopping cart is empty :(

edit:

nevermind, the games i wanted are just sold out -___-

Posted Image

currently consuming my life:

• :ds: yugioh 5ds reverse of arcadia
  • :ps3: nba2k11

#60 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

I ordered an hour after the first post, but my Tales of Destiny II got backordered. Should I just cancel it or will it go through in a timely manner?