Used PS1 games-ebgames.com - Vagrant Story, Legend of Legaia, Bust a Groove

mitch079

CAGiversary!
http://www.ebgames.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=80+145

Sucks that they aren't at the 75% off like they were in stores. And, obviously, you don't know what you're getting if you do order them but the Legaia price is worth the gamble in my opinion. Make sure you enter your Edge # for 10% off + CAG16 for 16% more + SAVER (enter all in the coupon code field - thanks Cheapy).

Complete list is (before 26% off):

Suikoden - OOS
Bust A Groove - 24.99
Cool Boarders - 13.99
FIFA 2000 - 4.99
Forsaken - 2.99
Legend of Legaia - 9.99
Madden '99 - 1.49
Moto Racer - 2.99
NCAA Football '99 - 1.49
NHL '98 - 1.49
Tales of Destiny 2 - OOS
Vagrant Story - 19.99
WCW Mayhem - 3.99
Worms World Party - OOS

For more info on ebgames.com new committment to the gaming community, please see Cheapy's thread here - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177988

I went and purchased Tales of Destiny II... hopefully it comes with the manual and original case in good condition. Here's to hoping!

[quote name='Hostile']I went and purchased Tales of Destiny II... hopefully it comes with the manual and original case in good condition. Here's to hoping![/QUOTE]

I honestly doubt anybody will get anything. It's wishful thinking at best...

[quote name='Vinny']I honestly doubt anybody will get anything. It's wishful thinking at best...[/quote]

Then call me the king of wishful thinking!!! (sorry) Suikoden, here I come!!

[quote name='Vinny']I honestly doubt anybody will get anything. It's wishful thinking at best...[/QUOTE]

Hope I get it, as GS did ratify my online transaction with them, or I'll curse there customer service for shady promotion.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Then call me the king of wishful thinking!!! (sorry) Suikoden, here I come!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='NolbertoS']Hope I get it, as GS did ratify my online transaction with them, or I'll curse there customer service for shady promotion.[/QUOTE]

I hate to take back what I said... but they did fulfill my orders for DDS and Nocturne earlier this year. And those also appeared to be site glitches until I received both games a few weeks later.:whistle2:k

Oh well, I ordered ToDII and Vagrant Story as well. Why the hell not?:p

Well, if it doesn't come, it just wasn't meant to be. It would be a sign from Heyzeus himself that I need to buy the PSP version instead.

[quote name='mitch079']http://www.ebgames.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=80+145

Sucks that they aren't at the 75% off like they were in stores. And, obviously, you don't know what you're getting if you do order them but the Legaia price is worth the gamble in my opinion. Make sure you enter your Edge # for 10% off + PPLAY15 for 15% more (enter both in the code field). The AFF25 code was recognized but would not apply.

Complete list is (before 25% off):

Suikoden - 29.99 HAVE IT
Bust A Groove - 24.99 HAVE IT
Cool Boarders - 13.99
FIFA 2000 - 4.99
Forsaken - 2.99
Legend of Legaia - 9.99
Madden '99 - 1.49
Moto Racer - 2.99
NCAA Football '99 - 1.49
Tales of Destiny 2 - 34.99 HAVE IT
Vagrant Story - 19.99 HAVE IT
WCW Mayhem - 3.99
Worms World Party - 5.99[/QUOTE]

ALL complete wit cases and manuals.

uhoh. check your order status-- apparently Bust A Groove is backordered.

Just the thought of WCW Mayhem makes me sick to my stomach...I rented after I got my braces put on 10 years ago and all I remember is my mouth in agony and suffering through that game.

Legend of Legaia was pretty fun though, I liked the soundtrack.

Hey does anyone know what are the requirements for the coupon SAVER? I tried to use that for Legend of Legaia and it wouldn't let me.

Thanks,

Raz

I thought SAVER only gave you free shipping which only saves you a couple of bucks on the cheapest shipping option anyway.

[quote name='dan13l858']ALL complete wit cases and manuals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah go ahead expecting that and I've also got some magic beans to sell you too. We can talk about it in the magic bean trade thread.

[quote name='mitch079']I thought SAVER only gave you free shipping which only saves you a couple of bucks on the cheapest shipping option anyway.[/quote]
Well the game I wanted to get was only 9.99, so 15% of that is still only $1.50, and value shipping is $3. But I can't seem to get SAVER to work...

Proof once again that GS is holding every single copy of the millions-sold Final Fantasy VII, waiting for the day they can sell each one for $80 a pop.

[quote name='razgriz417']Well the game I wanted to get was only 9.99, so 15% of that is still only $1.50, and value shipping is $3. But I can't seem to get SAVER to work...[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. It was working last night when I was testing out codes. Works when I have Suikoden and Legaia in there now but doesn't work when Legaia is in there on its own. So it's probably a glitch.

Tales of Destiny 2 is a great find at that price. I sold that game a few years back for a good chunk of change.

Just an FYI for those who have a PSP and are looking for the game - you can sometimes find the UK PSP port (done by UBISoft) on Ebay. I got mine new for 29.99 plus 6 dollars shipping. It's probably one of the best RPGs on the PSP, and sadly even though it's 100 percent in English, it will never see the light of day over here.

Search for "Tales of Eternia PSP" to find it.

are your orders going through? Someone check their order status page and let me know what it says. It seems odd that all of these fairly rare and cheap PS1 games are still up today + my Bust A Groove copy was backordered the second I ordered it.

Ordering TOD2 took forever. I kept receiving "Oops! Game over!" pages in IE and FF, but I finally got an order through. I don't like EB sitting on my CC number for up to a year so I gave a 1 yr $36.00 limit Virtual CC.

My Gameinformer $2 Edge card number wouldn't work so I just ordered with CAG15 and my total came to $35.02 shipped value. Still good and I wasn't going to fret over $3.50.

I tried to activate my edge card number on the web site (in my account) but it doesn't work. I tried both of the numbers on the back of the card just to be sure. It just keeps complaining and telling me to enter a valid edge card number. The card works fine in store. Has anyone been able to get their Edge card number to take? It's perhaps worth noting that this card is one of the $2 cards ordered from gameinformer and I don't have a subscription (and never have), but it does work in store without a problem.

Ordered BAG & LoL (teehee, what funny acronyms).

I've been waiting for BAG for-ever and was not interested in paying the ridiculous price online. Here's hoping.

And yeah, I got that "error" message a lot. I'm not sure how my order went through, actually.

EB's new site has some problems since they upgraded. I've run into hanging pages, error messages, and bad request pages. Keep trying if any of this happens to you.

Also, I'm sure a snowball has a better chance in hell but I tried anyway.

[quote name='razgriz417']Hey does anyone know what are the requirements for the coupon SAVER? I tried to use that for Legend of Legaia and it wouldn't let me.

Thanks,

Raz[/quote]

I've read SAVER only works on orders over $25.

[quote name='mitch079']Yeah go ahead expecting that and I've also got some magic beans to sell you too. We can talk about it in the magic bean trade thread.[/quote]
Look closer, that guy quoted the OP and put "HAVE IT" next to a couple games, that is what the "With case and manual" was about.

[quote name='mguiddy']I've read SAVER only works on orders over $25.

Look closer, that guy quoted the OP and put "HAVE IT" next to a couple games, that is what the "With case and manual" was about.[/QUOTE]

So he did. *gives him a cookie for his fine purchases*

If I get any games I ordered and they have case/manual--> fantastic
If I get any games and they don't look like they were used as footwear --> great
If my order gets cancelled and I am not charged --> oh well
If I get any games and have to return them due to dre --> hassle
If I get charged, and my order is backordered forever so I have to cancel --> hassle
If cancelling is a hassle--> minor burden

[quote name='vherub']
If cancelling is a hassle--> minor burden[/QUOTE]

Luckily, it isn't. After noticing Bust A Groove was backordered, I canceled right there on the orders page. Love that new feature (not that canceling before was a problem...it was always a 1 minute phone call for pre-orders and back orders.)

bread's done
Back