Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:00 AM

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468642

#2 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:02 AM

First to say if it were The Show I'd bite
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#3 dhelor

dhelor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:02 AM

What's with all the sports games lately? Very disappointing.

#4 KueMan10

KueMan10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:06 AM

What's with all the sports games lately? Very disappointing.

Disappointing to you perhaps, but not to myself and everyone else that cares about sports games. And considering it's opening day today for 90% of the teams, I'd say this deal was not random. Nor was the NCAA March Madness deal yesterday for the Elite Eight.

This is a good deal though for anyone interested!

#5 Pharrell1

Pharrell1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:13 AM

no xbox360 version! Boo!

#6 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:19 AM

I'd be in like Flynn if this were also for 360. I'm sure MLB 2k8 on PS3 is getting beat down sales wise by MLB 08 The Show like the Tampa Bay Rays getting beat down by the Red Sox in a 3 game series.

#7 mayamayouidiot

mayamayouidiot

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:20 AM

Especially when you consider it's less than a month after the game was released.

This is really tempting, but from the demo the pitching seemed really annoying and just gimmicky. I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope that The Show gets DotD'd within a month or so...

Just looked, and MLB 2K8 has a 67 from metacritic. Ouch.
freerice.com

#8 hothitter

hothitter

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:48 AM

First to say if it were The Show I'd bite

MLB 08 is the superior game by leaps and bounds. However, if you've played both demos (available on PSN), and you still want 2k8, this is a good deal.

#9 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:53 AM

how old is this game again?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#10 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

A few years ago, 2K8 would've meant last year's version, which made the least sense for a baseball game. I think Tony LaRussa Baseball was the first game to be off by a year to make people think it was the latest game.

#11 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:57 PM

Whatever you do, do not buy this game. It's so, so awful.

#12 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

This game can be a lot of fun. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of slider tweaking to get anything near a somewhat realistic game. Plus, the fun you do have is often diminished by the bugs and slowdowns. One step forward, two steps back.

#13 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

I don't know what the bugs are, but I read on IGN that there will be a patch for the 360 to eliminate some things including framerate issues. I can only imagine that they would do the same for PS3 and it may have been in that article and I just don't remember. Patch may already be ready for DL as they said it would be available very soon.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#14 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

I need the 360 version, damn. Maybe tomorrow.

#15 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

Even for $20 less, I still wouldn't want this over The Show. It's too bad they didn't have the 360 version as well, but it makes sense.

#16 mayamayouidiot

mayamayouidiot

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

Just remembered another reason to get the Show over 2K8. The Show has been getting weekly roster updates while 2K8 has had only one so far. I guess one a week is overkill but at least the developers care...
freerice.com

#17 cancrman

cancrman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:55 PM

It's opening day people! Amazon's DOTD is perfect for this rainy Monday.
Visit tehblogs.tumblr.com for The Best of the Intenets

#18 xbltheshadow

xbltheshadow

I Love Guitar Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

My main problem with the demo was that I'd get a great hit to the outfield wall, which by realistic standards is a double 90% of the time. However, my success rate was closer to 30% and maybe lower. It would mostly be a bang-bang play if I decided to go for it. To me, that's not real baseball. I say pass on this game for the PS3 owners here and wait for The Show, much better game...

#19 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:48 PM

Disappointing to you perhaps, but not to myself and everyone else that cares about sports games. And considering it's opening day today for 90% of the teams, I'd say this deal was not random. Nor was the NCAA March Madness deal yesterday for the Elite Eight.

If you cared about sports games and have been playing them for a long time you'd be disappointed as hell with what is being put out there today. This game is complete garbage. I can understand kids just getting into videos games and sports games in general thinking 2K8 is alright but that is about it.

Baseball games and anything outside of Madden and Live on PC have been disappointing for years and even those have had their terrible years. Play NHL 06, 07 and 08 along with the FIFA games and you will find a steady progression of them getting worse over the years. I will agree that The Show is better than 2K8 but that isn't saying much.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#20 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

Its a shame that they don't have this for the 360 also.

I already have it for the 360 its decent but very buggy. People might want to wait it out for the patch. Also the roster updates aren't what they should be Johan Santana is still a Twin....good for me since I am a Twins fan but not good for that aspect.

#21 GTZ_NSR

GTZ_NSR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:13 PM

Tempting, but since the past few 2K baseball games have sucked, I'll pass.

#22 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:18 PM

If you cared about sports games and have been playing them for a long time you'd be disappointed as hell with what is being put out there today. This game is complete garbage. I can understand kids just getting into videos games and sports games in general thinking 2K8 is alright but that is about it.

Baseball games and anything outside of Madden and Live on PC have been disappointing for years and even those have had their terrible years. Play NHL 06, 07 and 08 along with the FIFA games and you will find a steady progression of them getting worse over the years. I will agree that The Show is better than 2K8 but that isn't saying much.

Yes, 2K8 is garbage, but The Show is a fantastic game, NBA and College Hoops 2K8 are great, I think FIFA 08 is great (and Euro 2008 looks even better), and Madden... well, it's better than the Arena League games.

#23 Dynasty1756

Dynasty1756

Lakers 08-09 Champs !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

Where is the Xbox 360 version??
I wish they had the 360 version