Free SCEA game for those who had memory cards erased by demo.

killermike3706

CAGiversary!
Thanks to majic ninja over at gamefaqs.com

Looks like if you still have the 2004 holiday demo, you can call sony and ask them for a FREE PS2 game (from their selection) for a little treat for us people that got our cards wiped. (you must call sony though, to get an speical order number)

800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)

Sony will ask:
*name
*address
*phone number
*PS2 serial number
*Sony will ask you if your card was wiped, but they'll take your word on it. (you don't have to send it in)

Sony will give you:
*game wanted
*address to send demo to
*order number

You must do:
*Send demo disc to Sony
*A little note, saying your name, address, phone number, order number, which game selected from list

Games you can choose from:
*Wildarms 3
*Parapa The Rapper 2
*Gran Tursimo 3
*JAK 2 (not sure)
*SLY 2
*NCAA 2004
*MLB 2004
*ATHENS 2004
*ATV3
*Hot Shots 4
-There may be more but I dunno yet.

[quote name='crickett003']Woo- Hoo! :D

**pops in demo disc & plays Viewtiful Joe 2**
:d'oh:[/quote]

I'm actually tempted to do that, jsut so I won't have to lie if I call.

[quote name='Skitzle']Where can i find one of these demo discs....[/quote]

Lol, yeah, me too. Odd that they put mostly cheap old games but slipped in a couple that are actually pretty recent and still full price (Sly 2, Hot Shots 4).

NOOOOO! :shock:

I just remembered, I threw that disc away when I heard about the bad VJ2 demo! I kept the other holiday disc with MGS3 on it. :oops:

Man, Hot Shots Golf Fore would have been good!

:x

hahah, if i do acquire one of these, I'm definately backing up my saves onto my hard drive and playing the demos just so i feel like i'm not cheating the system

[quote name='thabizzle']I got off the phone with Sony about 15 minutes ago. They won't ask for your serial number and they don't give you an order number[/quote]

What games do you get to choose from?

[quote name='Skitzle']hahah, if i do acquire one of these, I'm definately backing up my saves onto my hard drive and playing the demos just so i feel like i'm not cheating the system[/quote]

Yea, I think I'll make one of my cards full of copies or worthless saves, then play the demo, just so I don't have to lie.

I got one of these discs, I dunno if it is the "bad" one or not. The disc says HOLIDAY 2004 DEMO DISC in bold black letters. then it has these games listed.

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Jak 3
ATV Offroad Fury 3
KILLZONE
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Area-51
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Prince of Persia 2
STAR WARS Battlefront
Ace Combat 5

Any help would be great.

It's probably Sly 1.

I have the new demo disc, which kinda disappointed me, as I took my memory card out all ready to play Viewtiful Joe 2 and everything. I don't think that it's the same demo disc though, the one I got was from Playstation Underground and has R&C: UYA, Killzone (What a HORRIBLE game!!), ATV Offroad Fury 3, MGS3, Star Wars: Battlefront, Area 51, and I THINK Jak 3 is on there. Also comes with a $5 off coupon for any PS2 game 29.99 or above.

[quote name='rawisjericho']I got one of these discs, I dunno if it is the "bad" one or not. The disc says HOLIDAY 2004 DEMO DISC in bold black letters. then it has these games listed.

Jak 3
ATV Offroad Fury 3
KILLZONE
Area-51
Prince of Persia 2
STAR WARS Battlefront
Ace Combat 5

Any help would be great.[/quote]
It looks like you got the new one with no VJ2...

Athens 2004
MLB 2004
NCAA Final Four 2004
Hot Shots Golf Fore!
Parappa the Rapper 2
ATV Offroad Fury 3
Gran Turismo 3
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Jak II
Wild Arms 3

[quote name='Skitzle']hahah, if i do acquire one of these, I'm definately backing up my saves onto my hard drive and playing the demos just so i feel like i'm not cheating the system[/quote]

Supposedly this is for the unfortunate victims that didn't know any better, by obtaining the demo and purposely making it occur doesn't mean it's any more right than obtaining the demo and calling it in without making the glitch happen to yourself. It shouldn't make you feel better at all.

Ahh ... I love it when someone tries to rationalize something for their own personal gain ... :roll:

Anyways, if I could get one myself I would just call it in and send it back because I want a free game and I could care less about who this was really intended for :twisted:

These disks cost 5 bucks apiece right? It's not like you'd be getting the game for "free", and Sly2 isn't really worth the effort for me.

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='rawisjericho']I got one of these discs, I dunno if it is the "bad" one or not. The disc says HOLIDAY 2004 DEMO DISC in bold black letters. then it has these games listed.

Jak 3
ATV Offroad Fury 3
KILLZONE
Area-51
Prince of Persia 2
STAR WARS Battlefront
Ace Combat 5

Any help would be great.[/quote]
It looks like you got the new one with no VJ2...[/quote]

Thanks, this sucks though cause I wanted a free Hot Shots Golf 4

Is there any chance that they check the name and address with the names of people who they know they send stuff too?

Also how do you sign up to receive the demo disks? Might want to do this in the future. (Just'll have to back up my memory card first)

Can anyone tell me how i would ship the demo. I know the address to send, BUT HOW since i'd never dealth with shipping things before.

Best bet, put it in a case, get one of those manilla envelops with soft stuff on the inside from the post office and ship it out. (basically the same way people who mail you games mail them to you)

okay thanx. Probaly going to get SLY2.

Is there any chance that they check the name and address with the names of people who they know they send stuff too?

Um yah they ask for your name and address to see if you've actully had the demo shipped to you. Sign up at playstation.com as an underground member to get demos.

Oh yeah the address to send is
SCEA
Attention Demo
P.O. Box 588
San Mateo, California 99402 - 0888

I was uberly pissed that they messed up my both my cards, 29 games worth a saves along with my FFX (60 hours) and my beloved Xenosaga (90 hours) gone. Well I'm still kind of ticked, but at least they just didn't say "woops, my bad" and then not do anything about it. Guess I'll be getting Wild Arms 3. I'm luky I didn't chuck the thing in the garbage like I was going to, instead I chucked it at the wall and since I never clean my room it was still there on the floor collecting dust. :roll:

[quote name='evilmax17']These disks cost 5 bucks apiece right? It's not like you'd be getting the game for "free", and Sly2 isn't really worth the effort for me.[/quote]

I got the disk free in the mail (w/ a $5 off coupon). Its the newer one though, which is good, since I would have played the VJ2 demo first.

I just got this demo a few days ago. It has VJ2 on it and didnt even have a warning about the glitch. Thanks for the free game!

I got ridiculously lucky in that I couldn't get to the demo disc until after I heard about the glitch, but it's nice of SCEA to at least do something for those that got screwed.

I got the demo a couple weeks ago, then a fews days later I got the warning letter with the "Sorry for any inconvenience". Luckily for me I had already read about the glitch so I wasn't a victim. Even though a game won't replace your hours of hardwork, its still something. I'm thinking about calling and sending mine in for either Sly or Hot Shots Golf.

About the address...
When I called them they gave me 94402 instead of 99402 for the zip code... i checked the zip codes out on the USPS site and 99402 is a place in WA... so I believe 94402 is the correct zip code.

[quote name='coolbrys']About the address...
When I called them they gave me 94402 instead of 99402 for the zip code... i checked the zip codes out on the USPS site and 99402 is a place in WA... so I believe 94402 is the correct zip code.[/quote]

94402-0888 is what I have as well.

when did you guys figure out that your memory card has been wiped? was it after you played VJ2 demo? or did the vj2 demo like black out and when you restarted your ps2, the memory card was wiped?

thanks

[quote name='SteveMcQ']A free game doesn't replace all the lost saves on my card. Great going Sony.[/quote]

No, but it's still quite surprising they'd do all this to correct their mistake. I'm impressed; they didn't have to do anything, and I didn't expect them to.

The guy I spoke to didn't inform me of what Sony planned to do to "compensate" (I believe that was the term he used) me, so he never went over the list of games. Good thing I have you guys to let me know what's available.

Though Sony has a certain amount of responsibility with this (their internal QA should have caught it), the anger should be directed at Capcom. It was their faulty code, not Sony's. Speaking from experience, missing something like this is unexcusable.

Just looking to create a little perspecting on all the "thanks Sony" posts...

bread's done
Back