14 replies to this topic

#1 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

clicky clicky

I know, not much of a deal but still.

edit: Also of note, they stlil have the Growlanser: Heritage of War set for $49.99. Interesting stuff you can find just by searching the site.

#2 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

Odin Sphere has been clearanced at Circuit City, $16.96 if you can find a copy. Through Saturday, 33% off clearance titles there too, comes out to $11.36 plus tax. Just a heads up.
Posted Image

#3 SuperFox

SuperFox

Admitted Edge$$$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

But for those who do not have a Circuit City (or where the store is out of stock) this is useful. Thanks OP.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/SuperFoxJay"]Posted Image[/URL]

#4 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

Thanks OP. Not sure if I'll bite or now buy my CC was empty :(

#5 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

I paid 28.99 w/ Google Checkout and it seems like a bit too much.

The game is fun, but very basic.

Good for 19.99 (or 16.96) but you guys thinking of paying 33 should try a friend's.

PaulManda.png

#6 elchbulle

elchbulle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

Basic? You must be kidding. It's about 40 hours long, intense crazy action rpg with leveling of characters and weapons. Skills emerge / spells, and you have a full catalog of recipes to mix to increase stats, and grow things to regenerate health and "magic". It is one of the best games on PS2 hands down. For $33 it's awesome, for $12 or whatever at CC it's ridiculous.

#7 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

It seems a lot like a beat 'em up to me.

The levels aren't really levels either, there is no exploration.

It's a beat 'em up with stats/spells.

I like it, I just don't think it's worth more than 30.

PaulManda.png

#8 iHack

iHack

1337 H4X0R

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

It seems a lot like a beat 'em up to me.

The levels aren't really levels either, there is no exploration.

It's a beat 'em up with stats/spells.

/agreed

i wouldnt pay more then 20 bucks...
Posted Image

#9 elchbulle

elchbulle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

Ya, there isn't much exploration, but every "world" has branching paths and unless you check the map you will miss many areas. It is basically exploration. Either way it's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but just saying, my take on it is that it is AMAZING. The only thing is that towards the end (the last book in particular) it is BRUTALLY difficult. Some bosses one hit kill you even if you are way leveled up... But it's definitely doable.

#10 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

...says the Persona 3 fanboy. ;)

#11 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:54 PM

I do enjoy Persona 3.

PaulManda.png

#12 sparklecopy

sparklecopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:44 AM

it's definitely worth more than 30 bucks cause in a couple of years this thing will probably be in the high 50's on ebay.

#13 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:10 PM

Odin Sphere has been clearanced at Circuit City, $16.96 if you can find a copy. Through Saturday, 33% off clearance titles there too, comes out to $11.36 plus tax. Just a heads up.

REALLY!?! I was on the fence at $17, but for $11 I guess I'll go pick up a copy.

I really really wanted this game when it first came out last year, as I love 2D gameplay and graphics, but then it sounded like it was way too hard, and I don't like that there's no real exploration. But what the heck, for $11 I guess I'll give it a shot.

I hadn't heard about that sale!

#14 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

REALLY!?! I was on the fence at $17, but for $11 I guess I'll go pick up a copy.

I really really wanted this game when it first came out last year, as I love 2D gameplay and graphics, but then it sounded like it was way too hard, and I don't like that there's no real exploration. But what the heck, for $11 I guess I'll give it a shot.

Yeah, its quite a deal if you can find a copy. Check the CC clearance thread for info. I picked up a copy after hearing great things, but still have yet to play it due to my backlog.
Posted Image

#15 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, its quite a deal if you can find a copy. Check the CC clearance thread for info. I picked up a copy after hearing great things, but still have yet to play it due to my backlog.
Posted Image