• Please log in to reply
2853 replies to this topic

#1081 bubbafett4hire

bubbafett4hire

Drunkin Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

Now I'm not sure about my console.

When I got it back, I checked for the refurb sticker, which is had. Then, I had to do a console update when I first put it on Live. (They drop you down to an older dashboard version?) So, I figured it wasn't my original console.

By chance did you catch what dash revision number was on there before you had to update it?

I am Sony's SQL. The nasty strangers touch me inappropriately because Sony is too busy selling overpriced products to buy me clothes.

#1082 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

By chance did you catch what dash revision number was on there before you had to update it?

Sadly, I did not. It seems like it was before the "turn off your console and it continues to download items" update.

But then, why would I have had to get my licenses again for my XBLA games and DLC? I would have thought getting my own console back wouldn't have changed any of that? (I had to redownload my games and such so I could play them offline.)

#1083 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

So if I send in my console for a RRoD, they do check to make sure everything is working before they send it back right?
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#1084 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

So if I send in my console for a RRoD, they do check to make sure everything is working before they send it back right?

I think they do a quick boot test and if it doesn't red ring, then it gets shipped back to you once they fix it.

#1085 bubbafett4hire

bubbafett4hire

Drunkin Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

i can't speak personally cause i never sent my 360 back, but with my xbox 1 i sent it back cause the network adapter had died. 2 weeks later i got it back and had DVD read errors.called microsoft to bitch about it and told them it was kinda of like takeing your car in for a tune up and having your transmisson fall off as your pulling out of the place.

after reading people saying there systems died 2 - 5 days after getting back i'd say no

I am Sony's SQL. The nasty strangers touch me inappropriately because Sony is too busy selling overpriced products to buy me clothes.

#1086 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:58 AM

I've got kind of an obvious question that I'm surprised hasn't come up (at least I haven't seen it). My 360 finally red ringed on me today. So, I submitted my repair order for my coffin, and then towel tricked my console because I really wanted to play some Rock Band 2.

But I was wondering, if it doesn't red ring again, before I receive my coffin, and send it out, will they even investigate it or just send it right back to me? I mean, we have what, 20 days after we receive the coffin to get it to Microsoft? I guess I'd just have to play the hell out of it and hope it does it again right? Or is it pretty much a given that once your system sees the RRoD, even towel tricking it won't give it very long?

#1087 Chronotrigga

Chronotrigga

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:08 AM

I thought returns are like a week now since they e-mail you a shipping label.

Posted Image

#1088 bubbafett4hire

bubbafett4hire

Drunkin Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:09 AM

I've got kind of an obvious question that I'm surprised hasn't come up (at least I haven't seen it). My 360 finally red ringed on me today. So, I submitted my repair order for my coffin, and then towel tricked my console because I really wanted to play some Rock Band 2.

But I was wondering, if it doesn't red ring again, before I receive my coffin, and send it out, will they even investigate it or just send it right back to me? I mean, we have what, 20 days after we receive the coffin to get it to Microsoft? I guess I'd just have to play the hell out of it and hope it does it again right? Or is it pretty much a given that once your system sees the rrod, even towel tricking it won't give it very long?

not saying that its a smart idea but if you want to make sure it rrod's when it goes in for repair towel trick again while playing it basically until it does rrod. not trying to give you a wise ass response but after reading posts on here about people sending them back and then them rroding a day or 2 later..it wouldn't hurt. and it wouldn't surprise me if they did just plug it and ok "Ok it works send it back" without really looking at them

#1089 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:13 AM

not saying that its a smart idea but if you want to make sure it rrod's when it goes in for repair towel trick again while playing it basically until it does rrod. not trying to give you a wise ass response but after reading posts on here about people sending them back and then them rroding a day or 2 later..it wouldn't hurt. and it wouldn't surprise me if they did just plug it and ok "Ok it works send it back" without really looking at them

Hey, thanks man. Not a wise ass response at all. I had actually wondered if straight up overheating would bring on the RRoD again. I know it's a bit frowned upon to try to get your system to red ring, but I also suspect that if for whatever ungodly reason, it booted up the first time M$ turned it on, they'd say "works fine!" and send it right back. In that regard, I definitely want to make sure it's good and broken when I send it in, haha.

It's just tough trying to walk that line between not having a 360 to play, and waiting on my coffin to get here. And I know I don't want to go out and buy a new one. Luckily, I still have my PS3 and Wii, but dammit, why did this happen right when the good fall games are starting to roll out?! Thanks for the advice though. I appreciate it.

#1090 OzCatter

OzCatter

Who Watches the Watchmen?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

2 weeks after getting it back and it already RRoD'ed again, I'm quickly starting to lose faith.
Posted Image

#1091 Mechafenris

Mechafenris

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:34 AM

2 weeks after getting it back and it already RRoD'ed again, I'm quickly starting to lose faith.

Sorry to hear that. I noticed after my one-day death console, I got a significantly newer one as my 3rd console. So, there's that going for it. (Although it's not really a restorative observation, eh?)

"Don't make me use my stuff on ya, baby."

#1092 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:08 AM

Try having a RROD in less then a hour/right out of repair box.
It happended to one my friends here. I would say go buy a PS3, but he already has one.

I'm just glad for my PS2/other gaming systems when it happens. I put in over 80+ hours into Persona 3 thanks to the RROD. Helps me catchup with my back log so I don't mind it is as much.

I only get pissed when I get a brand new game only to turn on to RROD, or a few days before a big game comes out... like Gears of War 2.

#1093 von551

von551

Place Is Dead Anyways...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:31 AM

well, i sent my second coffin out today, almost a year to the day exactly as last time. my new elite gives me the one red eye Error 74, what a horribly built machine. when it works, it's great, but it's never smooth, pretty annoying.
Posted Image

#1094 Aleins4u

Aleins4u

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:38 AM

Mine RR'd the first time I plugged it back in after sending it off. Very depressing...on the bright side, I'll get another month of Live for free...

#1095 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:41 AM

I forgot to call and complain about not receiving my month card with my console. :l

#1096 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:19 PM

SO my third system just died...I called 4myxbox and they'll repair it for free once again.

Did they change something in the way you return the system? They said they were just sending me a shipping label and I had to provide my own box. Do they not senda coffin anymore or am I the first person to get this kind of treatment?

#1097 pogipinoy27

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:50 PM

SO my third system just died...I called 4myxbox and they'll repair it for free once again.

Did they change something in the way you return the system? They said they were just sending me a shipping label and I had to provide my own box. Do they not senda coffin anymore or am I the first person to get this kind of treatment?

I think that's standard now. I had to wait a week and call C/S three times before I got a label -_-

Anyway, I got my 360 back yesterday. I sent a falcon and received a falcon so I'm thankful for that. The manufacture date was December 07 so I technically got a "newer" xbox too. I only played about 10 minutes yesterday but it seems to run about as noisy as my previous one. Oh well.

Here's hoping that it doesn't RROD within a month :bomb:
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. "
-Johannes Sebastian Bach

#1098 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:38 PM

Got "my" (someone else's fixed) console back yesterday.

#1099 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

See post #1104.

Edited by lmz00, 29 September 2008 - 04:57 AM.

#1100 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:27 AM

uh oh.

This is the second time tonight that my 360 locked up on me.

During my second run thru the force unleashed, about a few seconds after one of my friends logs in, I get a lock up. :O

I smell a red ring or hard drive crash coming.

This is my *replacement* unit from MS I got back in April of this year, so my 3 months of warranty is up.

I could technically afford an elite but will just go thru the normal repair process to set an example here. I know MS is gonna give me SoL but we will see.

#1101 von551

von551

Place Is Dead Anyways...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:45 AM

uh oh.

This is the second time tonight that my 360 locked up on me.

During my second run thru the force unleashed, about a few seconds after one of my friends logs in, I get a lock up. :O

I smell a red ring or hard drive crash coming.

This is my *replacement* unit from MS I got back in April of this year, so my 3 months of warranty is up.

I could technically afford an elite but will just go thru the normal repair process to set an example here. I know MS is gonna give me SoL but we will see.

yeah, get this. I finally ponied up and bought an elite to replace my once-repaired '06 360 20gb. I wanted more space and hdmi. I sell my 20gb to a buddy at work for $200 and in two days it red rings on him! it red ringed the first time 11 months after i bought it, now it red ringed 11 months after it's "repair". weird. i gave him the $ back and sent it to MS and I'll just sell it on craigslist. the kicker is that I always get the E74 error on my new elite. sometimes i have to start it ten times to get it up and running. my 20gb is on the way back to me, i think i'll lie to MS that my elite red ringed so they can fix it and i don't have to pay $100. I'm thinking of soon too, since all the holiday games are a comin'.
Posted Image

#1102 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:56 AM

So I figured out that the one they sent me was built on 2008-01-08, and that my old one (launch Elite) was a Zephyr. Will anything bad happen if I keep using my Zephyr's power supply with the new Falcon?

#1103 artego

artego

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:56 PM

Sent it in, 2 days turnaround after taking a week to arrive at the center, and now it's on its way back?

Is that normal? Did they just swap consoles and shipped it back? They said they'd test and replace it since it was the second time so I expected longer than 2 days...

#1104 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:55 PM

Sent it in, 2 days turnaround after taking a week to arrive at the center, and now it's on its way back?

Is that normal? Did they just swap consoles and shipped it back? They said they'd test and replace it since it was the second time so I expected longer than 2 days...

Well, if it's any comfort it took them two days to repair my console (I received my console, which I'm figuring is the case since it had my serial number on it)
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1105 artego

artego

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:04 AM

Was kinda hoping for one of the newer models instead of another Xenon though, and the quick repair time feels like they just swapped my old one with another refurbished Xenon.

#1106 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:11 PM

I got my Elite about Aug of 2007. The warranty is out but it red ringed on 9/23 (night of bungie update) shipped out my console the next day and system was shipped back to me on 9/30. Is there anyway for me to tell whether or not I've got Jasper or Falcon without opening the system?

I only shipped the console so I've got my original power supply. If they updated the system to Falcon or Jasper (not sure what I had in the first place), wouldn't they need to send me a new power supply as well?

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#1107 DaftPunkFan37

DaftPunkFan37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

My Xbox is pretty funky.

It's a 20GB model, I assume no Falcon chip.

When I turn it on before I turn on my TV or I don't have it on the right video setting, I get RROD'd (this happened about a month after I bought it). However, when I turn it to the right video setting, I don't get the RROD, but it doesn't process the video to my screen. I then have to turn it off and then back on to get it to work.

So far, so good! Kinda pissed that I already got RROD'd. It has about 6 inches from the corner its in, and it is not covered by anything, so it's pretty interesting to me it's so picky like that.

Maybe it's the TV, as it doesn't like my SNES either..
the mau5 sounds like thisssssssss
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1108 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

So the repair center received my 360 today, is there a reason my console is un registered and my service number doesn't work now?
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#1109 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:48 PM

Not sure my thoughts would be that maybe your getting a new one... (new or new to you)
[FONT="]Posted ImagePosted Image

[/FONT]

#1110 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:50 AM

Not sure my thoughts would be that maybe your getting a new one... (new or new to you)

It looks like my information came back, it was very odd.
StarCraft 2 - Roses