GCN manuals from Nintendo that are not copies

donssword

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Figured we needed a decent thread just on this subject, especially as Gamecube titles become harder to find and the available stock in Used Stores tends to get more beat up and the manuals are dumped. If u order an instruction manual from Nintendo.com for your Gamecube title, post here to let us know if they sent you an original or a copy. I'll check the thread every so often to keep an alpha list in this orig post.

Please include:
Title -- original or copy (Player's Choice if applicable) -- date order/received from Nintendo

NOTE: a lot of CAGs (self included) have found success ordering from videogameinstructionbooklets.com. If u order only a manual, it will sometimes ship just in a plain envelope, but if you order an insert (and/or a manual) they ship it in cardboard -- ordering a box, insert, and manual gives you the opp to insure everything comes in good shape as well.

------------------------------

DDR Mario Mix --- original printing --- April 2007
Eternal Darkness --- color photocopy 8.5x11 --- late 2007 --- thanks Persona 7
Fire Emblem --- color photocopy 8.5x11 --- March 2008 --- thanks Qig
Metroid Prime --- original --- March 2008 --- thanks QiG
Paper Mario --- original --- March 2008 --- thanks QiG
Pikmin 2 --- original --- March 2008 --- thanks QiG
Super Smash Bros --- original --- March 2008 -- thanks Ruahrc
Zelda: Legend of the 4 Swords --- original --- March 2008 --- thanks QiG

For cover inserts, I used www.bresoftware.com to order them. $1.79 for the insert, $2 for shipping, plus tax if you're in CA. I ordered a Pikmin 2 insert and got it in two days, mint condition and shipped in a rigid mailer.

If you want to print inserts yourself, http://www.thecoverproject.net/ is really high quality (300dpi). It also has some custom covers too. And if you have a Dreamcast there are two great artists there making high quality DVD inserts for them. There are some other DVD projects for CD based consoles as well.

[quote name='Doomed']If you want to print inserts yourself, http://www.thecoverproject.net/ is really high quality (300dpi). It also has some custom covers too. And if you have a Dreamcast there are two great artists there making high quality DVD inserts for them. There are some other DVD projects for CD based consoles as well.[/quote]

The cover project is a great source for artwork. Check the guides for exact printing instructions. Try to use a good color printer as well because my cheapo canon leaves much to be desired as far as that goes.

[quote name='QiG']The cover project is a great source for artwork. Check the guides for exact printing instructions. Try to use a good color printer as well because my cheapo canon leaves much to be desired as far as that goes.[/QUOTE]

The best way to do it is to have it printed on a professional machine. FedEd Kinko's have stations where you can print almost any common format (pdfs, any MS Office files, etc.) but it costs a lot.

[quote name='Vinny']The best way to do it is to have it printed on a professional machine. FedEd Kinko's have stations where you can print almost any common format (pdfs, any MS Office files, etc.) but it costs a lot.[/quote]
I got mine printed at staples pretty cheap.

I ordered a manual for Smash Brother Gamecube and it was a real one, not a photocopy. This was sometime in late March '08.

Should we list Gameboy manuals in here too? I ordered about 5 of them at the same time but seeing's how this is the GC forum...

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']Should we list Gameboy manuals in here too? [/QUOTE]

I would like to just track GCN in this thread -- there are way too many GBA manuals in the world to think about those -- I will try and alter the thread title.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back