Universe at War: Earth Assault [360] $39.99

http://www.amazon.com/Universe-at-W..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1207926029&sr=8-2

Wabam.

Next lowest on price grabber is 53.99.

Metacritic - 67.

Thinking about picking it up for 39.99.. beats the hell outta 59.99
smile.gif

Its an RTS game, so fans of CC will odds are enjoy it.

Time to take back my preordered copy to GS and save $18.

Picked it up to get the faceplate pre-order and used the 10% off coupon, though I'll run it back to another GS and keep the faceplate.

I picked this up for the PC at Target for $13. The reason I was going to get it for the 360 was for achievements, but the PC version is live-enabled and also has achievements, so kinda made it pointless for me to spend $40 more for the 360 version.

Still, for those who didn't get the PC version on the cheap, this is the next best thing.

The 360 version has terrible control. I borrowed it from a friend at work last weekend and I really couldn't make the controller work for this type of game. I went ahead and bought the PC version at Target the other day and it really is like a whole different game with mouse and keyboard. Skip the 360 version if you can.

Decent deal, but I cannot see how it could control well on the console. I picked it up at Target for PC on clearance for $6.24 :D

Actually the controls worked really well except for on the giant walkers with all those hard points and couldn't be added to control groups in either version. The few problems like that were more tied into core game design though. Overall the game has a nice three unique race vibe, if it otherwise is a touch generic, but god the framerate. Even with next to nothing happening the game always had that feeling of sluggishness that you know isn't quite right, playing the PC demo was proof enough of that, but then just gets crippled at points. Not like it even gets ok at any point. I'm glad I Gamefly'd it instead of buying it, was really excited for it too.

Now provided World in Conflict can get the controls this tight and the frame rate running well that's going to be awesome on 360. Hopefully they realize giving up a little bit of shiny effects to make the game playable is a smart trade off. Granted Massive seems to actually get it unlike so many devs.

bread's done
Back