Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10900 replies to this topic

#31 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

Absolutely DoubleStop. Our economy may be in the gutter right now, but there sure are enough deals and offers for us Americans...there's no shortage of that. With gas going up, up and up I'm sure more people will be shopping from home anyway which means in theory the online deals will just get better and better. :) Let me know if there's anything you need!

#32 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:26 PM

Nooo... this means I have to go browse the U.S. deals which means I'll be spending more time and money.

Goomba: CAG Canada's Amerifriend. ;)

#33 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:37 PM

Lone_Prodigy: Yup, I know I'm going to single-handedly try to re-vitalize the American economy by pulling in some much needed Canadian currency ^_^

Oh and I've registered "GamesForCanada.com" I'm going to try and make a website that'll streamline a lot of my policies and stuff. It'll make it a lot easier I think and take out a lot of the guess work =) So look forward to that in the next few weeks (I have to throw something together). Since I'll be doing all the ordering for the most part though I don't have to do anything too fancy just yet ^_^

Just looking out for you guys. =) I like the Amerifriend term hehe. Never heard that one.

#34 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

you should make it your CAG username title :)
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#35 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:47 PM

Maigoyume, I'm curious what game or item was it on Buy.com that you were interested in? I'm going to look into your idea about the Google Checkout and make sure it won't get me into trouble. Just let me know what item it was you wanted ^_^ So I can do the research...

#36 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

luminous arc, i just can't swallow the MSRP on it, and saving 33% is always good :) as far as i know its not illegal, but i havent' actually looked up on it much
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#37 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:51 PM

I want to make sure though because I just had my Google Checkout account terminated this week for not knowing all of the rules. My mom had sent me $100 towards my trip to China and she had in the subject "Money for your China Trip" and Google thought that I was illegally selling airplane tickets (which is a violation of their policies). Because of that they closed my account. I explained what happened to them and they re-opened my account but told me that I was on "special watch" and that they would be monitoring my account closely.

I just don't want to jeopardize my account :) I will try to find out though for you and get back to you ASAP ^_^ Thanks.

#38 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:54 PM

not a problem, i wouldn't want to cause you to lose your account just because of me, thanks in advance :)
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#39 Icetron

Icetron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:54 PM

This sounds like a fantastic idea, thanks for helping us out Goomba. :) I'll definitely contact you if I need something.

#40 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:00 AM

where are you located goomba?
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#41 chemgear

chemgear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:02 AM

Sure why not! :)

I'm in.

#42 tattashot

tattashot

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:21 AM

yessss Goomba, all over my face!

#43 Phorty Ounce

Phorty Ounce

Butternut Reduction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:33 AM

yessss Goomba, all over my face!

^ I can't decide. Is that comment:

:puke:-worthy?

OR

Sig worthy?
Posted Image

#44 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:19 AM

I am located in the fine state of Connecticut...sandwiched half way between New York and Boston. It's not the most exciting place in the world, but it's a nice place to live and pretty close to all sorts of things. I grew up on the other end of the state, but our state can easily be driven across in only about 2 1/2 hours, so it's rather small =) If my count is correct we're the 3rd smallest state in the country after Rhode Island and Deleware ^_^

and thanks Icetron. Look forward to putting in some orders for you =)

#45 AznChaos

AznChaos

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:21 AM

This is an awesome thing your doing goomba, and I thank you for helping us Canadians out. Anyways, would it be possible to get the Weighted Companion Cube plush? I always wanted it but the shipping price is ridiculous.

#46 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:29 AM

I put an order in for 10 Weighted Companion cubes (one for Magiic) and they cancelled my order :( So now I'm going to just try ordering one and see if it goes through. I don't know if that's an indication that they are running low on their stock (hope not!) or if that just means that they don't like resellers taking all the ones they have.

I'll keep you posted AznChaos. I agree that $27 shipping for a plush cube is ridiculous. I could probably ship it for $5 or so ^_^

Please let me know if there is anything on Amazon or elsewhere you're intersted in. Condemend 2 is on sale for the 360 for only $40...great price :)

#47 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:29 AM

good to see my companion cube has not been forgotten about
My eBay Feedback
Check out my CAG Trade List
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GOOZEX a great site for trading your games
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)
Join ChaseTheChuckWagon (a great alternative to auctioning games on eBay)

#48 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:19 AM

Oh wow, I totally forgot about the companion cubes. If you're still getting them and are shipping by USPS, I totally wouldn't mind grabbing one too!

#49 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:28 AM

I'm trying to see how it goes. If I get the first one then I will definitely put an order in for more. It sucks that they cancelled my intial one, but it may have to do with the fact that my credit card company (Bank of America) thought it was a fraudulent charge. The phone call was funny... it went something like this:

BOA: We noticed that you had a rather large charge on your card yesterday and wanted to notify you to make sure that your card wasn't stolen.

ME: Yes, I ordered about $600 worth of plush toys from a video game company.

BOA: Yes I see here that you ordered it from VALUE.com...

ME: Actually that's VALVE.com ... they're a video game company.

BOA: Okay, well whatever. Yes, alright.

Guess they don't see why someone would want plush Companion Cubes ^_^

#50 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:54 AM

well, one game for SURE I will need you for is Chaos Wars
it is Gamestop/US exclusive. and I need it!!!

#51 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

Gamestop exclusive means that itll be an EB exclusive in Canada...

#52 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

Well in any case, if you want me to order it for you JeffX to be on the safe side let me know. According to the website, Chaos Wars ships 5/13 for Preorders. Let me know :) Meanwhile I'm working on the website for this service ^_^ Coming along well so far.

#53 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:06 PM

Good news everyone :) I just got an Email from Valve saying that they wanted to verify that my WCC (Weighted Companion Cube) order was indeed a real one. I told them it was and I received a letter saying that the order went through ^_^

*Crosses Fingers*. Magiic looks like we're one step closer to WCC love for everyone!

#54 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

Gamestop exclusive means that itll be an EB exclusive in Canada...

nope this title will NOT see an official Canadian release, due to lack of bilingual cover/manual
EB canada doesn't have it in their DB as of yet. if it makes it here, it will be through importing.

#55 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

Sometimes EB will run a 25% off coupon, that can not be used on the web. Are you willing to go in store to get the games and with the EDGE, get 35% off the total? This way, the games will also be complete....

Ill send you a list if ure willing....

#56 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:15 PM

The problem with those 25% coupons is that they limit them typically to two per person. The stores around me have a lot of people that grab up those things. Were the games you were talking about the PS3 games or other systems?

For local stores I'm a bit limited because the coupons clearly say "No Dealers" on the bottom and technically that's what I am since I'm a game reseller. One of the stores has already called me out on it saying that I couldn't pick up a game because I already bought that game before or that I can't pick up multiple copies of a single game.

Online sales are a lot easier to do because they're more anonymous and the websites have no problem with you ordering multiple copies (usually).

#57 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

I'm thinking ds, wii and gc games when they do have them....oh ps2 and xbx games too...

The good thing about instore is that you can check the conditions b4 u buy....

#58 ikariwarriors

ikariwarriors

Zang Zip, the War Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:55 PM

this is a kind offer to help. you are a nice person.

#59 chosen1s

chosen1s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:20 PM

How are you shipping at a reasonable rate while at the same time keeping the shipping costs low?

I have considered what you are doing myself, but Canada's waste of an agency we call customs loses...ahem..."loses" so many of my shipments or delays them weeks and months at a time so often that a $2 or $3 "profit margin" wouldn't come close to covering my risk.

UPS/FedEx have been way more expensive than USPS the few times I've checked into it (especially for small items), and to insure or track with USPS requires the item being registered (automatic +~$12)

I'm not trying to steal your idea here, but for my Ebay shipments moving forward, how are you shipping affordably without taking on too much risk? Currently I'm on the verge of stopping shipments to Canada altogether. 90% of the people I ship to in Canada experience SIGNIFICANT delays, "lost" packages, etc. and complain ad nauseum.
Fear breeds Hesitation;
Hesitation will make your worst fears come true.

#60 TIconOA

TIconOA

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:10 AM

I'd be down for this, as it's probably my best chance at getting SMT: N.

I really should get off my ass and get one of those credit card dealies. I've heard good things.