Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10908 replies to this topic

#6571 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:39 AM

Hey there goomba. When you have a little free period (few and far between, I know!) why don't you drop me a line about what your up to just now.
I have some things I want to run by you. ;)

#6572 JoJoBlue

JoJoBlue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:28 AM

Hey Goomba, do you have an estimate of what the total cost for this would be? http://www.gamestop....qipShyEDJw1.rxw

#6573 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for the reply, but I was waiting to pay to see what happened to that item that was going to be ebayed, wasn't sure if it was a wash with the cost to ship items to me, or there was a remaining amount to put towards the lowball items I won.

Just let me know what to pay =)

#6574 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

Hey Goomba, do you have an estimate of what the total cost for this would be? http://www.gamestop....qipShyEDJw1.rxw

Goomba tried finding those awhile back, since the price drop, I don't ever recall hearing him finding any. If he did/could, however, those things are 1.5 lbs or so... that's about $8.50 give or take a buck.

Random note: Holyshit shadow hearts 1 and 2 are now worth over a hundred bucks new? Wtf?! I have like 8 copies of that game since I bought them for everyone and told them to play it because they refused to rent it... and totally never did ha
Posted Image
No credit card required. Since June 2009 I have gotten $430 in amazon gift cards. Just use it instead of google (because it's the same search engine), and get giftcards for amazon.

Want to discover new music? Check out my site filled with live videos of unsigned artists: http://www.overmined.com Podcast: Coming soon
http://www.youtube.c...ser/RoganSarine

#6575 JoJoBlue

JoJoBlue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:17 PM

Goomba tried finding those awhile back, since the price drop, I don't ever recall hearing him finding any. If he did/could, however, those things are 1.5 lbs or so... that's about $8.50 give or take a buck.

Random note: Holyshit shadow hearts 1 and 2 are now worth over a hundred bucks new? Wtf?! I have like 8 copies of that game since I bought them for everyone and told them to play it because they refused to rent it... and totally never did ha

Ah, thanks for the reply Rogan. Too bad, the plushie is cute. If Goomba ever runs across one while it's still at $20, I think I might like one. I think it's $50+tax in Canada.

#6576 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:18 AM

http://latimesblogs....0fd8e970b-800wi

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good game guys. Sorry to say we won, but you put up a valiant effort!

Oh and by the way I'm packing items for you guys as we speak, processing new DR's and doing my best to stay afloat :) Thanks!

#6577 Winnopeg

Winnopeg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:22 AM

Got my headphones, I went home last week so them being shipped to Winnipeg actually worked out perfectly. Thanks! :)

#6578 astrix

astrix

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:26 AM

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a8c0fd8e970b-800wi

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good game guys. Sorry to say we won, but you put up a valiant effort!

Oh and by the way I'm packing items for you guys as we speak, processing new DR's and doing my best to stay afloat :) Thanks!

very good game

#6579 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:40 AM

Winnopeg so glad that it worked out! I am working hard to get as many packages out this week as possible. I have almost 50 order coming in this week and lots of new ones too. Busy, busy. I haven't been in the chat or Email as much lately because just working to get things caught up :)

#6580 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:18 AM

I was downtown checking out things today when the game was going on and ended. Half the city was literally stopped at every TV in sight. It was nice -- all the streets were empty for the game basically.

Except, the second we lost, there was basically a riot in every intersection dissing either brodeur (the goalie) or USA :P

I was almost waiting for a riot, ha. But, atleast, I can say I've seen what there is to see, and Im going to try to go to the Billy Talent concert this week (since it's the only free concert I relatively like for a band... Why did they neglect all our local bands that play on our rock station all the time?!).

Although, there is one thing that makes me absolutely pissed off about the Olympics. I understand the consumerism and convenience factor, but who in their right minds sells hot dogs for $10?! We have hot dog stands lining the street, and the ones near Rob. Square (the main street) was selling them for $10, and the ones by the concert $5. I went to every single hot dog stand tot ry and find one selling one at a reasonable price because I REFUSE to pay into capitalist b.s. A hot dog should NEVER be over $3. Even for $3, I may have accepted because I was really craving one, but when there are subways and quiznos everywhere, I can get a 6" sub (more food, arguably healthier) for the same amount. I was almost offended at them trying to think I would actually buy a hotdog for $5 (they got one ready as I walked up).

It's almost like that Disney Land syndrome, except, it's like there is relatively good fast food places in Disney land that isn't McDonalds along with slightly more expensive restaurants. You can't say "look at all the free stuff, but we're gonna cash in on the food" when you have chain restaurants and food places all around you -- it doesn't work like that. Mind you, at that price, selling one hot dog would probably make them break even at that price, but you'd probably sell more at less.

The flame was kinda cool, little smaller than i thought it'd be. Most people didn't know how to use my friends SLR though, so most of the pictures were blackened. Atleast, there were some cool fireworks at night.

I do though kinda feel sorry for Ragnar. I know he lives in Vancouver, and if he lives anywhere near the event, it'd suck miserably. They have concerts playing until midnight (with the lights shining into the blindless rooms), and fireworks at 11PM right next to a bunch of apartment buildings.

All in all, it was kinda cool, but I really don't see a need to spend my time in 6 hour line ups to see the medals, torch, or go on the free zipline (which I've heard mixed stories that it will be open until the paralympics or not). So, if you don't stand in lines, it's basically "what you make of it". While you could argue that about many things, after seeing the flames, there isn't really much to do beside watch a couple street performers, wait for the fireworks, and go to a free concert. So, if anyone here in BC is going, I definitely say go with your best group of friends that are the most outgoing.

And if you really want to do something, make sure to be there atleast 6 hours before it opens because chances are, everyone else is already there waiting.
Posted Image
No credit card required. Since June 2009 I have gotten $430 in amazon gift cards. Just use it instead of google (because it's the same search engine), and get giftcards for amazon.

Want to discover new music? Check out my site filled with live videos of unsigned artists: http://www.overmined.com Podcast: Coming soon

#6581 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the pic goomba. All fixed now!

#6582 Myv

Myv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:46 AM

Can't believe Canada lost @_@

#6583 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

I do though kinda feel sorry for Ragnar. I know he lives in Vancouver, and if he lives anywhere near the event, it'd suck miserably. They have concerts playing until midnight (with the lights shining into the blindless rooms), and fireworks at 11PM right next to a bunch of apartment buildings.

Hah, I'm nowhere near close enough to have any of the problems. I'm way up at 41st. Although I haven't even had a chance to go downtown myself yet... I was planning on going down and might have seen you (not likely :lol:) if I did, but I stuck around the house for the game instead. What a disappointment that was.

Except, the second we lost, there was basically a riot in every intersection dissing either brodeur (the goalie) or USA :P

Dammit, I was dissing Brodeur through the entire game. Seriously, letting a goal in 40 seconds into a game? Luongo should've been put in after the second goal, it was pretty clear then that Brodeur wasn't in top form...

#6584 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

RoganSarine, GFC Secretary and now blog writer :) That was a really fascinating piece man. You're actually a very good writer and very descriptive as well. I actually worked at one of the Disney "Fast Food" restaurants for a year down in Animal Kingdom and you're right, the food quality is actually outstanding. We had one head chef, around 10 cooks under him and a staff of almost 50 people so it was far from just a McDonald's type place. Good food but a standard meal would run $12 or so. But a lot better deal than just getting a hot dog for sure =)

#6585 JamesC_

JamesC_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:32 PM

hey goomba, I was wondering if you could do a deal on a copy of Left 4 Dead 2, I'd just need the code to activate it on steam. I'd like to see what it will cost because I need to find some funds for paypal <_<

#6586 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

Hey there JamesC_ I have exactly one copy left of the PC version of L4D2 sealed. If you want to buy it I will sell it to you for $32 USD. Thanks!

#6587 JamesC_

JamesC_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

So thats with just the serial for activation?

#6588 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

I can ship it to you as well if you want for another $2.00. It's up to you :)

#6589 JamesC_

JamesC_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

Shipping would be quite a bit more I'd think, I'm in the UK :-P

The currency conversion is annoying me, I have £20 available right now, and according to xe.com thats $30.955. I'll try figure it out what it will be exactly before I agree.

EDIT: Paypal says $30.15 is £20, so looks like its a lot under what you're asking.

#6590 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

Oh okay I didn't know that you were in the UK :) If you want just the code now you can send me what you have in USD and we can work out the rest in the future if you want to ship the actual game over to the UK. Let me know!

#6591 JamesC_

JamesC_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

Ok, I'm adding my funds to paypal so hold that copy :P
Just a heads up that paypal say 7-9 days, but it usually clears in 3 or 4.

#6592 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

Not a problem I will gladly hold the copy for you. If you want to send a partial payment now for the funds you do have I can send you the code now if you're itching to play it :) Thanks again.

#6593 JamesC_

JamesC_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

The funds in my paypal account is a grand total of... £0.23.
I really should've mentioned the available 20 is in my bank account.

#6594 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

Just a note: Remember that XE.com is using the current money conversion down to the exact time.

From my knowledge, all currency conversion costs an extra 2% ontop of that which is why paypals conversion is always 2 cents under that of xe.com's closing date price...

Which I realized you noticed in your post edit :P
Posted Image

#6595 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

Guys I am heading on my way to the UPS store (an odd thing considering I'm not working at my University today) to pick up your packages. I hear it's going to be snowing Tuesday-Thursday here so I want to be sure I get as many of your packages as possible. GYROS updates tonight around midnight. Thanks!

#6596 Icetron

Icetron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

And if you really want to do something, make sure to be there atleast 6 hours before it opens because chances are, everyone else is already there waiting.

I wanted to go to the zipline but I don't really feel like wasting/waiting 6 hours standing around. I mean I do that at work already. :lol:

#6597 JoJoBlue

JoJoBlue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:25 PM

Just a note: Remember that XE.com is using the current money conversion down to the exact time.

From my knowledge, all currency conversion costs an extra 2% ontop of that which is why paypals conversion is always 2 cents under that of xe.com's closing date price...

Which I realized you noticed in your post edit :P

Actually, it's 2.5% that's tacked on. Kind of like most credit cards.

#6598 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:00 AM

Hey goomba, I ended up placing another order and sending the paypal payment over the weekend. Am I supposed to get a confirmation email later on? Cheers.

#6599 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:10 AM

firehawk12, don't worry. All weekend orders will be added to the GYROS either tonight in the next 20 minutes or tomorrow. We had a bunch of new orders come in this weekend and we are processing them all, whether or not they have been added on the site is another issue :) We always process them in the order we receive them of course. Thanks so much for your support!

#6600 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:42 AM

Goomba, you sure you don't need any help with GYROs updates? :P
Posted Image