Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10902 replies to this topic

#6691 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

You can always just buy it and ship it to him if that's the case.

What if the store in question doesn't accept paypal, etc. I just prefer DR, it's simpler.

#6692 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

What if the store in question doesn't accept paypal, etc. I just prefer DR, it's simpler.

True.

I guess if you don't have a credit card as well that would make it much harder, lol.

#6693 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:30 PM

Oh I do have a credit card. Have had the same one since 12 years now.

But it's no help when it doesn't link to the shipping address.

Goomba you should launch your own line of pre-paid credit cards ;)

#6694 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

Oh I do have a credit card. Have had the same one since 12 years now.

But it's no help when it doesn't link to the shipping address.

Goomba you should launch your own line of pre-paid credit cards ;)

Most merchants have a bill to, and ship to address.

I always just use bill to as mine, and ship to as his =)

Maybe some smaller sites don't do this, but most of the bigger ones like Amazon etc. do!

#6695 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

I see. Anyway the site I'm using right now can't handle Canadian credit cards.

Also one of the items I wanted is now sold out :(

#6696 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

I see. Anyway the site I'm using right now can't handle Canadian credit cards.

Also one of the items I wanted is now sold out :(

=(

#6697 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

so when is anyone going to C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAK the jeffx/gsrce conversation of doom?

#6698 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

so when is anyone going to C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAK the jeffx/gsrce conversation of doom?

Probably whenever Goomba gets home from work. Who knows though, I figured Firestorm would have done it by now! =D

#6699 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

C'mon Goombomb! Anybody! STOP THIS MADNESS

#6700 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:05 AM

I blame it on game_fanatic, IT'S ALL HIS FAULT THIS HAPPENED!!!

I wonder, if I used an american credit card, and a different billing address... Would this solve 99% of the problems? Do most sites rage at people because the CC is CANADIAN?

If at any point true, you could have asked me :P I have access to american credit cards.
Posted Image
No credit card required. Since June 2009 I have gotten $430 in amazon gift cards. Just use it instead of google (because it's the same search engine), and get giftcards for amazon.

Want to discover new music? Check out my site filled with live videos of unsigned artists: http://www.overmined.com Podcast: Coming soon
http://www.youtube.c...ser/RoganSarine

#6701 dieN

dieN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

I want to thank you Goomba for your time. Sadly, the difference in price for your service and buying locally was literally less than a dollar. Shipping prices definitely killed the overall cost, didn't it?

Though next time I see something smaller (lighter) I shall seek your assistance.

#6702 jonat2

jonat2

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:11 AM

Hi Goomba,

I received my package today. I left a positive feedback. Thank you so much!!

Jonat

#6703 spike32

spike32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:12 AM

Goomba, I know you don't have a lot of time to update the gyro's so I was just wondering if Darksiders had come in yet? Not asking for shipping date, just wondering if it arrived at your place yet. Thanks for sending Blazblue btw :D I'm sure it'll arrive soon.

#6704 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker! Ultra Cooommmmmbbbooooo!

Gosh, Killer Instinct was my single-favorite arcade experience back in the day. I once (no lie) spent almost $100 USD in quarters at my mall playing that and beating it with all different characters. It had me mesmerized. I owned 3 copies of the SNES game and the Killer Kuts CD was pretty much the only thing I played when I got my first CD player lol. I even played it on X-Band (the SNES modem service) :) Good times. I'd LOVE to have those games ported to the Xbox 360 or PS3 some day and what I wouldn't do for a KI3....

Oh and by the way, they kept me late at work again today (not that I'm complaining, it was good money actually). I just spent almost 4 hours doing more invoicing and DR updates and it looks like I may be staying home tomorrow due to yet another snow storm. We'll see though.

I will go and see if I can process your orders that are time-limited and then I'm off to sleep.

spike32, it actually hasn't yet but I will keep an eye out. Typically takes about a week to get here, but it does seem a bit slower than usual for some reason. I'll keep you posted!

jonat2, very glad you got it :) Thanks a bunch!

dieN, no hard feelings. Shipping definitely kills many a deal. Especially when the items weigh more than 10 pounds shipped. It's all good though :) Hope to hear from you in the future for smaller/lighter orders!

#6705 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:32 AM

jeffx, is the order you're referring to the goHastings games? If so, I processed those and ordered them as soon as you placed the order. When checking out they notified me that Nanostray was not actually New but rather used, but the others went through as NEW no problem. I got your payment and processed it immediately as I try to always do when you guys pay with the new system. So no worries :) Your order on GYROS was #984 just for the record. Let me know if you were referring to a different order though. Thanks!

Edit: I still ordered Nanostray anyhow figuring that you'd still want the game. Just to let you know.

#6706 spike32

spike32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:00 AM

C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker! Ultra Cooommmmmbbbooooo!

Gosh, Killer Instinct was my single-favorite arcade experience back in the day. I once (no lie) spent almost $100 USD in quarters at my mall playing that and beating it with all different characters. It had me mesmerized. I owned 3 copies of the SNES game and the Killer Kuts CD was pretty much the only thing I played when I got my first CD player lol. I even played it on X-Band (the SNES modem service) :) Good times. I'd LOVE to have those games ported to the Xbox 360 or PS3 some day and what I wouldn't do for a KI3....

spike32, it actually hasn't yet but I will keep an eye out. Typically takes about a week to get here, but it does seem a bit slower than usual for some reason. I'll keep you posted!

LOL, Killer Instinct is a fantastic game to waste $100 on :applause: I spent quite a bit myself, the only place that had it though was the mall where my grandparent's cottage was so I'd spend half my time there. KI had such cool characters too like Jago, Fulgore, Glacius (cheap bastard), etc.

Guess all I can keep doing is playing the waiting game then, maybe i'll just play some Killer Instinct Gold ;) Definitely one of my fav n64 games.

#6707 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

jeffx, is the order you're referring to the goHastings games? If so, I processed those and ordered them as soon as you placed the order. When checking out they notified me that Nanostray was not actually New but rather used, but the others went through as NEW no problem. I got your payment and processed it immediately as I try to always do when you guys pay with the new system. So no worries :) Your order on GYROS was #984 just for the record. Let me know if you were referring to a different order though. Thanks!

Edit: I still ordered Nanostray anyhow figuring that you'd still want the game. Just to let you know.

Nanostray and Nanostray 2 = win

Thanks again Goomba, got back to you by email. Try to get some rest if you have a snow day later today =D

#6708 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

Great, I was getting worried you were MIA or something. That's probably why they went out of stock then ;)

Just so I know, in the future should I pay for it myself and have it sent to your address? Does that make it easier for you? Sure would have been less stressful for me.

#6709 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

jeffx, not to worry. I'm definitely not MIA :) I'm just working overtime in the background because I want to get working on the website more and haven't been able to for nearly 3 weeks because of this onslaught of orders all of a sudden =-) Every day it seems we're picking up new customers (which is ridiculously awesome!) but it also means I have to work twice as hard to catch up so I have down time to work on the site. It's not easy working on everything pretty much by yourself but I do feel productive ^_^

In the future it's totally up to you. Shipping to my UPS box means it's easier in the sense I don't have to actually order the items, though at the moment I only pick up these items about once a week (typically Thursdays). The trade off is you get peace of mind knowing the items are ordered and it's only a few more days waiting time on your end. As long as you follow the directions to the T (make sure to only have my name on the package) it'll work out fine 99% of the time. The only issues are some companies (RightStuf.com being one) where they don't ship if the names on the billing/shipping don't match or if the billing is Canadian and shipping is USA. But most big stores have no problem with it :)

Thanks again!

#6710 Gold_guardian

Gold_guardian

Protector of Wallets

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

*keeping an eye on GYROS* I'm going to do a little dance once it says Lunar has shipped for me. I've been waiting so long but then who knew it was going to be delayed a couple times from early febuary to late febuary to march?

I almost can't wait to have it in my hot little hands xd

#6711 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

Shipping to my UPS box means it's easier in the sense I don't have to actually order the items, though at the moment I only pick up these items about once a week (typically Thursdays). The trade off is you get peace of mind knowing the items are ordered and it's only a few more days waiting time on your end. As long as you follow the directions to the T (make sure to only have my name on the package) it'll work out fine 99% of the time. The only issues are some companies (RightStuf.com being one) where they don't ship if the names on the billing/shipping don't match or if the billing is Canadian and shipping is USA. But most big stores have no problem with it :)

Just so we're perfectly clear, you're talking about this procedure here?

http://www.gamesforc...-forwarding.php

#6712 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

*keeping an eye on GYROS* I'm going to do a little dance once it says Lunar has shipped for me. I've been waiting so long but then who knew it was going to be delayed a couple times from early febuary to late febuary to march?

I almost can't wait to have it in my hot little hands xd

hey man, I hate to be that guy, but I just received my LE Lunar SSH this afternoon. I got it from gamestop.ca for 45$CDN total (shipping is free over 39$).

#6713 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

jeffx, yes I am talking about the Package Forwarding procedure on the link you listed (I will be making a more fleshed-out service for this on the site soon enough but for now those directions are completely valid and complete :)

#6714 ihrm

ihrm

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

I'm interesting in using GFC to order a pair of headphones, but i got a few questions first (I sent an email a few days, didn't get a response. Thought I would get a reply here). First, how do I let you know that I'm using the package forwarding service and sending the items to you? Also, once you do get the items and are ready to ship them, what other fees would I pay besides your fees and shipping. I'm talking about tax, and duties. Do you ship the items as gifts? The total price is around $200, if that would help any.
Thanks!

#6715 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

I can easily answer your questions. The forwarding procedure is here.

The tax & duties are "random" and you will have to pay them to Canada Post, not Goomba himself.

#6716 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

ihrm, I didn't get the Email (or if I did maybe it went to my Junk Mail...I'll go check( but for now here are your answers:

1) If you are using the package forwarding service follow the directions on here: http://www.gamesforc...-forwarding.php . The instructions are pretty clear. They involve ordering the item and shipping to the address on that webpage and then filling out the DR classic form here: http://www.gamesforc.../dr-classic.php. Simple :)

2) There are no other fees for most items. Just pay the item price (some stores do charge 6% Sales Tax in my home state of CT, but if you pay for the item yourself that'll already be covered). Most items are shipped under customs values that won't accrue any additional customs fees. We ship USPS so again, generally speaking no other fees. Shipping insurance is available optionally but it's not required (costs $2.00 USD for each $100 USD of coverage).

3) I do mark items as gifts so no worries. If you want to insure for the full value then you may be required to pay customs fees. We can only insure up to the value listed on the customs form.

Any other questions let me know. Thanks!

#6717 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

jeffx, thanks for beating me to the punch :) While I was typing up my response you got yours in first. Looks like I may have to hire a second secretary ^_^ Thanks!

#6718 ihrm

ihrm

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for the fast response, but I'm still a little confused. I understand about how to use the package forwarding service, but isn't the Direct Request Form used for bot of your services? How do you know that I am sending you the headphones? Or do i just have the whole thing wrong...

#6719 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:48 PM

Thanks for the fast response, but I'm still a little confused. I understand about how to use the package forwarding service, but isn't the Direct Request Form used for bot of your services? How do you know that I am sending you the headphones? Or do i just have the whole thing wrong...

how about put 0$ under price and leave a note in the comments?

#6720 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

ihrm, yeah it's my fault for not realizing how popular the Package Forwarding thing would be. What you have to understand is GFC is really an evolving service and every day it's improving :) The form really wasn't developed for this service, but hopefully once I catch up on all current packages I can whip one up that better serves it.

But yes, you can just put the price in at $0.00 if you want or you can just put in the additional comments that it's a UPS Order/Package Forwarding item. Either way is fine :) The comments definitely help though. Thanks a bunch!