Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10905 replies to this topic

#7741 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

I am guessing one pound. The way USPS treats international mail is that anything over 12 ounces is considered 1 Pound. They don't allow a 13, 14 or 15 ounce option (for whatever reason). So yeah a 12 ounce item is more than likely 1 pound shipped. Thanks.

#7742 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

Still processing a bunch of orders :) Keep 'em coming guys. I have started to list a few items into the Lowball. Will be adding a BUNCH more though. Just getting the formatting set up and all the rules laid out. Thanks again guys!

#7743 Myv

Myv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:12 AM

Awesome, I'll be following this lowball :D missed the last one last time, hope you're catching up quickly on the money you lost

#7744 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:20 AM

We are under 50% of the money recovered, but luckily we were able to make our car payments and rent for the month. This lowball and our GFC sales should put us close to where we would have been. Thanks for your interest Myv! This sale will be entirely on CAG so it'll be hard to miss ^_^ Thanks again!

#7745 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

One of you guys tried to order: [FONT="]Panasonic HDC-TM700 Camcorder ... but you left off your personal info. Please re-submit :) Thanks!

[/FONT]

#7746 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

Goomba. I sent an order invoice for bioshock 2 and GTA IV: Ep. from Liberty City. I hope you have did not reach the order limit for the 2 titles.

#7747 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:34 AM

I ordered it retro.elite. I believe it went through without a hitch. I will keep you posted ^_^ Thanks again!

#7748 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

** GFC Whirlwind Mode **

Posted Image

** Keep in mind that new orders are constantly coming in, so I am actually processing more than it would appear based on numbers alone ^_^ **

Currently Working: 4/30/2010 = (6PM-1AM EST).
Orders to Process: 50 TOTAL (50 DR's [All Pre-Paid Orders have been processed] & 0 Package Forwarding Orders -- Finally entered all into the system!).

I will update GYROS as I go along and will answer Emails when I have time. Thanks guys!

Oh and please remember if you pre-pay your item as soon as you request it your order will be processed right away. For time-sensitive orders either choose this method or the Package Forwarding method if you are able to do so. All other orders will be treated as "estimate inquiries" and will be processed when we have time to do so, in the order that we receive them. Thanks! Back to work now ^_^

---------------
Next UPS Pickup for Package Forwarding Items: 04/30/2010 !

#7749 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:38 AM

I am off to bed now guys. I caught up a TON the last two days and this weekend will truly seal the deal. I'm going to the UPS store tomorrow, packing the heck out of a ton of your orders tomorrow and I'll be off all day on Sunday. I will keep you posted. Thanks again guys :) See you soon!

#7750 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:52 AM

Sorry Goomb, I've been working today and tomorrow... Ill be pretty MIA for any "now" conversations.
Posted Image
No credit card required. Since June 2009 I have gotten $430 in amazon gift cards. Just use it instead of google (because it's the same search engine), and get giftcards for amazon.

Want to discover new music? Check out my site filled with live videos of unsigned artists: http://www.overmined.com Podcast: Coming soon
http://www.youtube.c...ser/RoganSarine

#7751 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:04 AM

It's all good Rogan. I'm busy at work the next two days too. I will try to work out something for you FTP wise. Thanks.

#7752 penetratingpincer

penetratingpincer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:04 AM

It's going to be a single download, and yes, I have the rights to the DVD image.

I have a suggestion: why not use megaupload.com?

Create an account on there and chunk up the DVD image into 500MB segments and upload them individually and have whoever download the 9-18 files (depending on DVD-5 or DVD-9 sizes) or so. Don't chunk it up in 1000MB chunks or 2000MB chunks as that forces the downloader to have a premium account or a membership...

I was satisifed with it and bought a lifetime platinum membership last year.

#7753 Mandulum

Mandulum

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

Mandulum, I will definitely let you know tomorrow as well.

Juust to update you, I contacted the seller and I'm waiting on a confirmation number but according to him the package was confirmed delivered on Apr10, so ... :cry:

#7754 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

I have a suggestion: why not use megaupload.com?

Create an account on there and chunk up the DVD image into 500MB segments and upload them individually and have whoever download the 9-18 files (depending on DVD-5 or DVD-9 sizes) or so. Don't chunk it up in 1000MB chunks or 2000MB chunks as that forces the downloader to have a premium account or a membership...

I was satisifed with it and bought a lifetime platinum membership last year.

Inconvenient, slow speeds, and public file downloads.
Posted Image
No credit card required. Since June 2009 I have gotten $430 in amazon gift cards. Just use it instead of google (because it's the same search engine), and get giftcards for amazon.

Want to discover new music? Check out my site filled with live videos of unsigned artists: http://www.overmined.com Podcast: Coming soon

#7755 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

RoganSarine, I set up your FTP account for you. I'm going to PM you the Details :) Good luck.....You'll need it!

#7756 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

** GFC Lowball Update **

Just so you guys know, for the first time ever I've added "GFC Service Charge Credits" as items in the current Lowball Sale. This means you can buy $5, $10, $15, $20 or $25 Credits towards your service charges on GFC for pennies on the dollar. Feel free to bid in our sale which is going on here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=170651

(Please note these are only towards the Service Charges (the small fee we charge which is our only profit on the sale). You cannot use this credit to discount the actual items you are purchasing. Any unused Service Charge Credits will be rolled over for future use until you use up all your credits. If you have any questions about this let me know. I plan to switch over to a Service Charge Credit system very soon on the GFC website, as soon as this summer. Thanks guys!)

Edited by goomba478, 30 April 2010 - 08:29 PM.

#7757 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

Please don't forget to check out my Lowball Sale going on here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=170651

Edited by goomba478, 01 May 2010 - 02:50 AM.

#7758 BaddestMan

BaddestMan

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

Yo goomba478 are you working right now? If not, when will be the next major GYROS update. Thanks in advance.

#7759 Lucas252

Lucas252

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

Hello Goomba

how would this order work? Do i pay you 39.99?

http://www.walmart.c...rd-PS3/13069224

it now says it comes with a 20 dollar egift card

#7760 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

Baddestman, I just got home from work a few minutes ago. I'll be doing GFC updates and GYROS updates for the rest 7 hours or so :) Thanks.

Lucas252, a few things to know about Wal-Mart. 1) They charge 6% Sales tax and charge for shipping (you can get free shipping to store sometimes) 2) The gift cards they give you don't take off any money off the actual purchase, so you essentially still buy a $60 card and then they give you a $20 Wal-Mart Gift Card for future use. You're still taxed on the $60 price as well. 3) Wal-Mart sales are very iffy at best. They sometimes work as planned but typically come up with some problems. Just letting you know.

#7761 Usuyami

Usuyami

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:01 AM

Shoot, looks like the ebgames.com sale is over for the games I wanted. Ugh, was just about to send you the money. Gah!

#7762 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:05 AM

Yeah it's a bummer. You snooze you lose :( The good thing is that in the near future we will have a list of sales that are still available so this sort of thing doesn't happen again (or at least as often). This was a fantastic sale...but then again Gamestop has been doing a lot of these lately so I'm sure it won't be long before they do something similar again.

#7763 Fei.Jai

Fei.Jai

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:50 AM

Hey Goomba, is there sales tax on purchases from Newegg? Thanks

#7764 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:56 AM

No sales tax from NewEgg (I believe they ship from NY) and I happen to really like them as a company because I tend to get their packages very FAST. They don't always offer free shipping, but many items do qualify. Thanks!

#7765 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:15 AM

Hey Goomb, is there any specific port I use? I get some critical error when trying to login... It's wierd. Username and pass are right, I just physically can't connect!

Thanks for the FTP access by the way.
Posted Image

#7766 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:28 AM

What program are you using to FTP? I can look into ports but I think it should just be port 21 or whatever is set to default. I will investigate.

#7767 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:33 AM

Nevermind, I got it to work (apparently just a programming hiccup with filezilla). Could you do me a favor though and remove the links above?
Posted Image

#7768 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:50 AM

I removed the links. Let me know if I missed any. Thanks. Glad you got it working. Let me know how it goes :)

#7769 Xover

Xover

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:07 AM

Hey goomba. Currently have 2 items waiting to be shipped to you(stanton sa-5 mixer and power supply). I also plan on getting some headphones from ebay. Can you send everything in one package to save on shipping? I paid the shipping (seperate orders) estimate for two items already and was hoping i can just get all 3 items shipped together to save a bit of cash.

#7770 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:50 AM

Friendly reminder from your neighborhood Goomba. A ton of your items came in today. Tomorrow the post office closes at 12:00 noon (I'll be at work) but many of you will receive shipment notifications tomorrow and Sunday as I'll be home after 6PM tomorrow and home all day Sunday (doing GFC/cleaning and Lowballing). So please don't Email me with "Did my item come in/ship out yet". I will update GYROS when your items are in and ready to go out and will Email you when they ship. If I need to contact you about your order, I will. Thanks!