Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10908 replies to this topic

#8461 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:20 AM

Just to let you guys know, I've shipped another 14 or so items. I'm going to be getting up around 8:00 AM and packing till 12:00 PM so that'll be another 4 hours. Going to get as much done as possible during that time :) I'll be bringing my laptop with me on the trip to work on the site in my down time and to send invoices for new PF orders, but will be largely away from the Internet (need some time to relax after the chaos that was May).

The good news is we are almost there. I will resume DR's next week and probably will have PF's fully running by July 1st. Keep in touch and I will do my best to get us out of this backlog once and for all ^_^

#8462 Kumomo

Kumomo

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

Goomba, are you able to send out my PS3 Red Dead Redemption before you head out on your trip?

Its a little mind boggling for me to look at the GYROS everyday and see it say "shipping soon" for the past few weeks but it doesn't ship. :(

Let me know please!

Thanks!

#8463 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

Yes, yours will be the last package for the CAGs that I'm able to get in. When I come back Sunday I will be shipping out the rest as I don't officially Re-Open the site until the 18th. Thanks!

#8464 Myv

Myv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:21 PM

Goomba~ You'll be able to check my PM about the PSP slim on your trip right? I got a quick question for it as well, is it the Daxter LE Silver?

#8465 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

Yeah Myv, I checked it but didn't have time yet to respond. I will write back to you with as much details as I have. Thanks!

#8466 Kumomo

Kumomo

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

Yes, yours will be the last package for the CAGs that I'm able to get in. When I come back Sunday I will be shipping out the rest as I don't officially Re-Open the site until the 18th. Thanks!

:bouncy: awesome Goomba! I'm looking forward to our next business deal :)

Thanks,

#8467 Myv

Myv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

Yeah Myv, I checked it but didn't have time yet to respond. I will write back to you with as much details as I have. Thanks!

NP just wanted to make sure you got the PM, take your time :D have a nice 5 day trip + break from work (sorta) :bouncy:

#8468 Spino

Spino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hey Goomba, just wondering if you got a chance to send out my package yesterday or today?

#8469 Stryk3r

Stryk3r

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

Hey Goomba,

I know your super busy but was hoping to get an update before you leave, I paid my invoice on the 1st of June and it still hasn't showed up on the gyros page yet. Has my order been shipped? Will I receive any tracking info or anything?

Thanks,

Invoice#1267
Order#1996092918

Stryk3r

#8470 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

Guys I'm in Maryland officially now until Sunday. I brought a few packages with me that I didn't get out before I left. I brought my digital scale, printer (new in box), laptop and all that good stuff. So once those few are out then I won't be able to ship any more until Sunday/Monday-ish.

Stryk3r, I haven't added any of the newer orders to the GYROS so no worries. I'll do that when I have some down time, but visiting friends and such right now so I don't have a lot of it at the moment. At night though when we go to our separate rooms and such I'll try to add all the newer ones to the list. Thanks :)

#8471 penetratingpincer

penetratingpincer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

Have a good time in Maryland, Goomba!

#8472 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

Thanks penetratingpincer, I'm trying to :) It's great to see my friends and have some down time. I just wish my mind wasn't so pre-occupied with so many issues ^_^ I will try my best to relax though. A mini-vacation is supposed to be fun after all haha. Keep you guys updated!

#8473 wizic

wizic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:57 PM

take it easy, come back with full strength =D

#8474 blackric

blackric

Domo Arigato Mr.Roboto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:35 PM

Have fun!!!!
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/393/BulletSmoke.pn

Posted Image
Join Goozex.com and never pay full price for games again!

#8475 blackric

blackric

Domo Arigato Mr.Roboto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:22 PM

Omg, I received the watches today in the mail! I wasn't expecting these to arrive until next week, talk about quick! Thank you so much Goomba, they were packaged perfectly and look to be in perfect condition.

And the best part? They got through customs and I wasn't dinged any taxes! Thanks so much, I was afraid they would open the package and look at the price tags on the watch.

A very satisfied customer, expect another order once you lift the TSD mode :lol:

Posted Image

#8476 PuppetDoctor

PuppetDoctor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:33 PM

I just got Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the mail. Wow extremely fast shipping I wasn't expecting it until late next week. Thank you Goomba for the quick shipping and the item was packaged perfectly. I am also glad the case didn't have those recycling cut outs (which isn't controlled by you but a bonus).

I also loved the note you included adds a personal touch to the transaction.

Only problem is I got my Red Dead Redemption rental in the mail today and now I don't know which one to play first :cry:. Thank you though again Goomba!

Enjoy your trip.

Posted Image

#8477 CaptainKishimoto

CaptainKishimoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

Just got my games today Goomba, good work as usual! However I didn't receive Bayonetta, can I assume for whatever reason it'll be delivered seperately? Thanks!

#8478 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:03 AM

Hmm my FF13 still hasn't shown up (shipped on May 27th)

It's never taken this long and we're only about 6 hours away, too. I already got a couple things from amazon.com that I ordered after you shipped #1257..........

#8479 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:38 AM

Blackric, what watches did you get? I've been looking at getting a new watch since mine is too big for my wrist now, and I wear it as a commodity (it's a generic steel casio watch that is losing it's finish that my Grandpa wore).
Posted Image
No credit card required. Since June 2009 I have gotten $430 in amazon gift cards. Just use it instead of google (because it's the same search engine), and get giftcards for amazon.

Want to discover new music? Check out my site filled with live videos of unsigned artists: http://www.overmined.com Podcast: Coming soon
http://www.youtube.c...ser/RoganSarine

#8480 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hey guys, just to let you know I am spending my last day in Maryland today and will be leaving back for Connecticut tomorrow around 9 AM. When I get back my family is throwing me a little mini-birthday party and then I'll be returning home around midnight. Monday through the rest of the week I'll be finishing up the last of the unsent packages and around the 18th I will re-open the DR pages :) Thanks again for your support. I'll make sure to get as much done as possible ASAP when I return. I appreciate everything. Thanks for the updates on your orders!

#8481 Myv

Myv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

Happy Birthday Goomba!!

#8482 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

Haha :) Thanks. My birthday's not actually till June 16th, but the family is going to throw it a little early so we can celebrate with my cousin whose birthday is also this week. Thanks again guys.

#8483 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:34 AM

hey goomba, I know you're in TSD until the 18th, but I had a quick question for you! Have you had any experience shipping the Astro Mixamp to any of us Canucks? They have a duty-free sale on for Canadians right now, but they ship with UPS which carries with it pretty hefty brokerage fees. Thanks!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#8484 penetratingpincer

penetratingpincer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

hey goomba, I know you're in TSD until the 18th, but I had a quick question for you! Have you had any experience shipping the Astro Mixamp to any of us Canucks? They have a duty-free sale on for Canadians right now, but they ship with UPS which carries with it pretty hefty brokerage fees. Thanks!

But would that ruin any kind of warranties or anything since Goomba might have to buy it and put it under his name as the original buyer?

#8485 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:12 AM

But would that ruin any kind of warranties or anything since Goomba might have to buy it and put it under his name as the original buyer?

I could purchase it under my CC and just have it shipped to Goomba to his UPS box.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#8486 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:28 AM

True, if you buy it with your own credit card then at least in theory it is covered under your name. It'll be covered either way, but just may require sending it back to me in warranty situations. But yes, I have shipped quite a few Astro Mixamps and audio equipment items. I'd be more than happy to assist you :)

#8487 blackric

blackric

Domo Arigato Mr.Roboto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:41 AM

Blackric, what watches did you get? I've been looking at getting a new watch since mine is too big for my wrist now, and I wear it as a commodity (it's a generic steel casio watch that is losing it's finish that my Grandpa wore).

Its the Citizen Skyhawk A-T with stainless steel band. I got it thanks to goomba via Jomashop.com

Here's the link to the exact model
http://www.jomashop....-jy000053e.html

Its MSRP is 650 USD in the states and 775 CAD here. Even with sale discounts at sears and other jewelery stores in Canada, it still doesn't come close to the price at Jomashop even if you include GFC fees + shipping. I must have saved 200-300 going with GFC on this order. The real kicker is that you don't have to pay any state taxes but of course you run the risk of getting dinged at customs which I fortunately didn't this time :D:D:D.

Setting it up right now and I love it! GFC is really good alternative for watch buyers cause we are getting shafted here in terms of mid-to-high tier watches. BIG pic, you should try one out if you get a chance at a Sears or something.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8488 blackric

blackric

Domo Arigato Mr.Roboto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:48 AM

Oh, and the other watch that I ordered was a Solar+Atomic Casio G-Shock off Amazon.com. It has a plain design but the solar power and atomic timekeeping ensure I don't have to change a battery or set the time for it. Maintenance free!

http://www.amazon.co...76407883&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.ca...76408026&sr=8-6

61 USD vs 101 CAD, piff, what a rip off!!

Also, happy Bday Goomba, hope you got presents lol!

Posted Image

#8489 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

Oh, and the other watch that I ordered was a Solar+Atomic Casio G-Shock off Amazon.com. It has a plain design but the solar power and atomic timekeeping ensure I don't have to change a battery or set the time for it. Maintenance free!

http://www.amazon.co...76407883&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.ca...76408026&sr=8-6

61 USD vs 101 CAD, piff, what a rip off!!

Also, happy Bday Goomba, hope you got presents lol!

They ship that one to Canada. Is it really cheaper to forward it?

#8490 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

The nice thing is starting July 1st, I can drive 30 minutes (and however long the border is) to Washington state and not get taxed on anything that can be used outside the states due to the way the HST in BC is defined.

But man, I need an atomic clock sync'd watch... But for me, even though analog watches look nicer, digital watches are way more practical.
Posted Image
No credit card required. Since June 2009 I have gotten $430 in amazon gift cards. Just use it instead of google (because it's the same search engine), and get giftcards for amazon.

Want to discover new music? Check out my site filled with live videos of unsigned artists: http://www.overmined.com Podcast: Coming soon
http://www.youtube.c...ser/RoganSarine