Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10902 replies to this topic

#901 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

Gah, the dollar in the eighties seems pretty bad, but I was actively buying stuff when our dollar dropped down near the fifties quite some time ago ;_; Now that was bad...

#902 muzras

muzras

I Can HAZ Club NintendoZ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

sick ish mang

hit $1.00 USD to 1.20 CAD earlier

1.19 CAD currently. 300+ PIP-az :cold:
[cp][/cp]
PLZ TO B 2 Donate-s0rz... Thankz-s0rz ^_^ :D
CAGz are teh bestz. :grouphug:

#903 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

Okay, there were a lot of comments since I last checked (I had to work a double shift yesterday between my two jobs so I wasn't able to check until now). Here are my responses ^_^

killmak - Thanks for the payment. I see you got your card and everything's working, so that's great. I appreciate the positive feedback as well.

mberkes - Ar Tonelico 2 is $60.50 shipped as another CAG pointed out. As for Shadow Hearts, I do have a personal copy but do not know the current selling prices for this game. I can look into that for you.

Jest - Yes, I'm really happy with the direction that GFC is taking. I just really hope the financial situations in both the US and Canada don't negatively affect business. We shall see :) I have a ton of cheap games lying around. Any in particular you're looking for?

Azumangaman - I should have the Lego Batman game today. I'll let you know.

mberkes - No problem if you don't want AT2...it's just that Rosenqueen charges a lot for the shipping, and the shipping to Canada for multiple items adds up fast as well. As for the other games at Target, I didn't see them at my store but what prices were you looking to pay for them? I may be able to find them elsewhere if I look around a bit.

muzras - the Currency exchange is definitely something to think about. It sucks that both the US $ and CAD $ are dropping so rapidly. Hopefully things will shape up soon enough.

magiic - Have you made it to New Zealand yet? Let me know :) If you have your new address, send it my way. Thanks!

That's it for now. Back to shipping games I go :)

#904 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

Any discount on Wii games I am looking to pick up a few actually

Wario Land: Shake It!
De Blob
Mario Strikers Charged
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Okami
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon

Edited by PuppetYuber, 10 October 2008 - 06:28 PM.

#905 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:29 PM

Okami Wii still seems to be selling $40-$50 at most places. There is a B2G1 sale this week at Toys R Us though. so in theory I could get three Wii Games for $100 (B2 at $50 and get the third free) which means they'd be like $33 each... something to think about. After shipping/fees whatever it'd be about $38 + tax. Still around the $40 mark though.

I could get you a used copy however for $38 shipped. Let me know, it seems unlikely the game will drop in price anytime soon.

#906 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

Ya we don't have that deal here in Canada :(

I been trying to get the games listed above for about $20-$25, since they have been out for a while

#907 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

Oh and I just realized that Okami is $40 NEW so with the Toys R Us sale if I'm able to order it, I may very well be able to get 3 Okami's for $80 + Tax meaning that'd be like $31 or $32 shipped to Canada. That's not a bad price at all, though not sure if it's as low as you're looking for. Something to think about anyway.

#908 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

31 CDN including shipping? I will be up for that for sure!

#909 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

PuppetYuber, All my prices are in USD .... also, I can't guarantee they will have Okami in stock or not, but if they do I'll definitely keep you in mind. Thanks!

#910 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

Alright thanks, keep me informed with Wii deals :D

#911 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:48 AM

Goomba did you get my payment? And I was supposed to send the payment in US funds right?
Ex-Futureshop slave, ex-EB Games slave driver. Now Home Depot dreg.
Posted Image

#912 Rex

Rex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:21 AM

Hey goomba!

The PS3 triggers came in. These things are in fact amazing. I recommend them to any PS3 user who prefers the R2/L2 buttons as opposed to the R1/L1.

#913 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:57 AM

Sent a request using your form for this: http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Damn dollar being so low though :(

#914 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:31 AM

Kathos, yes I did thank you. I just got your package in as well but unfortunately they weigh almost 6 pounds (heavy shirts...Marc Ecko must use nice materials) so the shipping is higher than originally expected. I'll find out the actual shipping costs and send you an updated invoice. It's only going to be a few dollars I expect. I'll find the cheapest way to ship it for you :)

Firestorm, I've got your request and sent you a PM. Not sure if you know that Beach Audio charges $7.50 for shipping to US... get back to me. Thanks! And I know ... all the money in the world is crappy at the moment. Kind of depressing.

#915 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:32 AM

Oh and Rex, glad to hear you like the triggers ^_^ I've been getting more orders for them lately so I think it's safe to say people like them. If anyone else wants them, they are $16 shipped in total. Thanks!

#916 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

Man am I ever glad I swapped over $1500 back when our dollar was stronger than the US.

Too bad I'm probably going to burn it all when I head to Vegas :hot:
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#917 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

Kathos, yes I did thank you. I just got your package in as well but unfortunately they weigh almost 6 pounds (heavy shirts...Marc Ecko must use nice materials) so the shipping is higher than originally expected. I'll find out the actual shipping costs and send you an updated invoice. It's only going to be a few dollars I expect. I'll find the cheapest way to ship it for you :)

Firestorm, I've got your request and sent you a PM. Not sure if you know that Beach Audio charges $7.50 for shipping to US... get back to me. Thanks! And I know ... all the money in the world is crappy at the moment. Kind of depressing.

Ah sorry. No longer want it. It was in stock by Amazon.com for $19.99 last night. They must have sold out =(
Edit: Wait, on the right hand side there's a button for "More Buying Options" and it lists Amazon.com for $19.99, can you do that?
http://www.amazon.co...SM/ref=dp_olp_1

#918 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

No Problem Firestorm. It's back in stock now :) Must have gone out of stock temporarily before. I'll go and order that for you and send you an invoice ^_^ Thanks!

Anyone else interested in that game? It's pretty hard to find actually. $25 USD Shipped.

#919 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

Sent payment.

PayPal Balance$30.29 CAD

PayPal Conversion Rate as of Oct. 11, 2008: 1 Canadian Dollar = 0.825470 U.S. Dollars

:(

Still cheaper than anywhere here. Only new copy I've found is $40 or $50 at Rogers Video. Haven't even seen a used copy.

#920 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

Glad to help. Sorry that the Canadian Dollar is less than wonderful this week, but like you said this game sells for a lot more at most places. I should get it in Tuesday or Wednesday and have it out to you right away. Thanks!

#921 Rex

Rex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:53 PM

Sent payment.
:(

Still cheaper than anywhere here. Only new copy I've found is $40 or $50 at Rogers Video. Haven't even seen a used copy.

The price of gas is supposed to drop even more, which means our dollar is going to suffer further.

If I had a choice between cheap gass or cheap-ass deals from the States, I'll take the latter any day.

#922 Phorty Ounce

Phorty Ounce

Butternut Reduction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:19 AM

Goomba I was wondering if you could pick one of those $30 Amazon.com Xbox Live bundles for me? Let me know. Thanks.
Posted Image

#923 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:20 AM

Phorty, they're pretty hard to get but I'll try anyhow. Were you just interested in the XBL card? The points don't work in Canada in case you didn't know. Thanks!

#924 CatBoy

CatBoy

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

No Problem Firestorm. It's back in stock now :) Must have gone out of stock temporarily before. I'll go and order that for you and send you an invoice ^_^ Thanks!

Anyone else interested in that game? It's pretty hard to find actually. $25 USD Shipped.

I'd also like a copy goomba. :)

#925 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

Sending you an invoice CatBoy :) Thanks!

#926 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

did you pick up anything good in Toys R Us? :D

#927 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

I haven't bought anything yet at Toys R Us yet because I haven't officially received any orders yet. The problem is that all my credit cards are pretty much maxed out so I need to have confirmed orders/payments before I can just buy stuff. I'm in trouble for buying too many items I thought would sell but instead just gather dust on my shelves waiting to be sold. If you know of three games you want for sure (I know you wanted Okami...which by the way is available on the TRU website for B2G1) then let me know :) Thanks!

#928 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:50 PM

If any of you guys want the B2G1 sale from Toys R Us, I'd prefer if you buy 3 games at a time ... that way I can calculate your actual cost. Keep in mind they do charge shipping and 6% tax in my home state.

Example of a sale:
$40 + $40 + $40 Games = $80 after B2G1 + $6 shipping to US + 6% = $91.16
Shipping to Canada = $6 + $Service Charge ($4) = $10
Grand Total: $101.16 USD

That's for $40 games though. Obviously if you buy more expensive games ($50-$60) then you'll save more. Let me know :)

Edited by goomba478, 12 October 2008 - 07:57 PM.

#929 killmak

killmak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

I think you meant 101.16, 91.16+4+6=101.16
Posted Image

#930 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:57 PM

Yes, thank you Killmak :) Added it correctly on my calculator and then typed it in wrong. I've corrected the original post now ^_^ Appreciate that!