Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10909 replies to this topic

#9631 dancrane212

dancrane212

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

Just a reminder Goomba, I noticed that my Ebay order (Mass Effect Art book) was still on the GYROS sheet even though I lost the bid. I know that you have been busy but I wanted to make sure you were on the "up and up" which is to say that the book on it's way to you was an order from the Amazon marketplace.

On another note: Curious, but does anyone know of someone who does the same thing as Goomba but for orders from the UK?

Edited by dancrane212, 20 December 2010 - 08:43 PM.

#9632 pyrox4

pyrox4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

Probably a busy day for goomba, but no I don't think I've ever heard of anyone offering the same service for anywhere let alone from the UK.

#9633 emjaymj

emjaymj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:20 AM

Probably a busy day for goomba, but no I don't think I've ever heard of anyone offering the same service for anywhere let alone from the UK.

There are actually plenty of mail-forwarding businesses but the process is typically very different and MUCH more expensive. Most orders through Goomba are to save money (although on occasion things just aren't available in Canada), but saving money is not really a possible outcome with these businesses, and their services tend to cater more towards companies and professionals for actual business reasons. Importing a video game or something along those lines is just not at all practical or remotely cost-effective.

And even among those businesses (even if somebody DID have a smaller-scale model similar to Goomba's) I could only really name a few, though none of them in the UK, and none of which I can vouch for their reliability. And all of them work with a more expensive, primarily B2B model. So while there are plenty of mail-forwarding businesses operating just about everywhere, if you're looking for a counterpart to Goomba with an accent and bad teeth, I wouldn't hold my breath.

#9634 Hockridge

Hockridge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:47 AM

Goomba my one order was apparently returned to sender (must have some weird package signing thingy) so you can cancel it.

#9635 pyrox4

pyrox4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:51 AM

Just got an email from Goomba, one of my orders was shipped, yayyyyyyyyy. I can patiently wait for the other 2, since they are not for me, lol.

#9636 SVxM

SVxM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

Looks like it was not a good time to order from you, Goomba. I still have a bit of credit left so, I thought about using your service.

Anyway, if you can't order for me before December 22 at noon, please cancel my order.

Happy holidays to you & your family!

#9637 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

Just so you guys know, I'm shutting down the Package Forwarding (PF) service in an hour or less. This is to alleviate the backlog on the service. I will still offer the PF service for those of you who want to use it in the meantime but with the warning that your items may not be ship until 4-6 weeks from when they are placed. This is for two reasons. First of all I need to ship out existing orders and with the holidays, the Black Friday/Christmas rush our business has been 10x as busy as usual. Secondly, I'm working 7 days a week due to the holidays at my day jobs and my time off lately has been bringing my wife to the baby doctors back and forth and doing grocery shopping, cooking and baby preparation at home.

So again, the site will say PF is closed. It'll have a warning that if you really want to you can order with PF but it'll be approximately 4-6 weeks. This does NOT apply to orders that were placed before the PF shutdown. Keep in mind though due to the holidays and slight backlog many orders still won't ship for another week or two. We're doing our best though.

The new PF system will have you estimate your shipping and pre-pay all service charges in advance the way the DR service currently does. In addition we'll be adding more payment options on the site itself to let you have even more options. More on this in January. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go shut down the PF site :) Thanks guys.

#9638 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

SVxM, we are still leaving our Direct Request (DR) service open. We are just trying to improve our Package Forwarding so that it's not so labor intensive. In the past DR orders were the majority so we put our effort into that form but now PF's have largely outnumbered DR's so we need to ramp up that service. Thanks!

#9639 JamesC_

JamesC_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:24 PM

Just so you guys know, I'm shutting down the Package Forwarding (PF) service in an hour or less. This is to alleviate the backlog on the service. I will still offer the PF service for those of you who want to use it in the meantime but with the warning that your items may not be ship until 4-6 weeks from when they are placed. This is for two reasons. First of all I need to ship out existing orders and with the holidays, the Black Friday/Christmas rush our business has been 10x as busy as usual. Secondly, I'm working 7 days a week due to the holidays at my day jobs and my time off lately has been bringing my wife to the baby doctors back and forth and doing grocery shopping, cooking and baby preparation at home.

So again, the site will say PF is closed. It'll have a warning that if you really want to you can order with PF but it'll be approximately 4-6 weeks. This does NOT apply to orders that were placed before the PF shutdown. Keep in mind though due to the holidays and slight backlog many orders still won't ship for another week or two. We're doing our best though.

The new PF system will have you estimate your shipping and pre-pay all service charges in advance the way the DR service currently does. In addition we'll be adding more payment options on the site itself to let you have even more options. More on this in January. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go shut down the PF site :) Thanks guys.

Hey,

I never put an official PF request in, but I think you may have my package, so sorry about that. Hope everything works out :)

#9640 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

JamesC_ if that's the case please submit a PF form to let me know what you have. It just makes it a lot easier, especially now that I have my wife doing the actual invoicing part for PF orders. Thanks :)

#9641 JamesC_

JamesC_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

Okay, I've done that. :)

#9642 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:26 AM

It is Done...

Package Forwarding (PF) will shut down now until 01/21/2011. You can still ship us items through the PF link but we will not be able to process them in real time for 4-6 weeks. This will NOT affect current orders with us as we'll be processing all current orders and packages over the next week or two. We'll do our best to have them all invoiced and shipped out then. We have entered all of the orders into our system but we still have to sort the packages and repackage them accordingly.

Thanks guys and Happy Holidays. The new PF system will be MUCH better I assure you ^_^. See you all in January ;)

Edited by goomba478, 22 December 2010 - 12:49 AM.

#9643 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

Damn, I was just going to ask if you could ship me a live puppy across the border... :P Happy mini-notreallyavacation-vacation Goomba
Posted Image
No credit card required. Since June 2009 I have gotten $430 in amazon gift cards. Just use it instead of google (because it's the same search engine), and get giftcards for amazon.

Want to discover new music? Check out my site filled with live videos of unsigned artists: http://www.overmined.com Podcast: Coming soon
http://www.youtube.c...ser/RoganSarine

#9644 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

Thanks :) I will enjoy my mini-notreally-a-vacation-vacation as best I can ^_^

#9645 geophilips

geophilips

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

hi goomba, my games just came in.... Thanks a ton... they beat the heavy snow too.... :)

Now waiting for an update on the Kindle 3g.

Have a merry Christmas

#9646 Porumy

Porumy

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

Hi goomba, I just saw that amazon changed the price on star ocean. That's ok.
I would like to have my 10$ credit back if it's not too much problem?
Thanks.

#9647 Leshita

Leshita

Guy Incognito

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

Hi Goomba,

Just wondering what the status is for my large Black Friday/Cyber Monday Amazon PF order(s). They should have all arrived by last Friday.
The order numbers are 1848932735 and 918506621. Thank you and Merry Christmas (or happy holidays depending on your preference). :)

#9648 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:44 PM

geophilips, you're very welcome :) We just received about 50 or so packages so I'm assuming there's a good chance your Kindle 3G will be in there. If you have the tracking number, feel free to send it to my PM or Email and I'll look for it there =) We're also doing another UPS pickup tomorrow afternoon as well.

Porumy, In the past I already credited you the $10.00 directly off your item. You had two copies of Valkyria Chronicles if you recall which I mailed separately. They were a total of $40.00 but I only charged you for $30 which incorporated the $10.00 hope that makes sense. I have all the records if you need them. Thanks.

Leshita, we have received most if not all of your orders. I'm going to be processing them from today through Sunday so we'll keep you posted on that. How did you want us to deal with shipping them? In the past I've shipped them in groups of 4-5 pounds (depending on if you want First Class or Priority Mail) and simply invoiced them that way. Let me know and we'll accommodate you. Thanks :)

#9649 geophilips

geophilips

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

Hi goomba, it was delivered from Amazon via UPS on December 8th. The tracking number is 1Z4F940A0352619376. Amazon says signed for by Ezpinosa. :)

#9650 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

OK Thanks geophilips :) just what I needed to know. I'll try to track that down for you ASAP. Talk to you soon.

#9651 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hey goomba, just a quick question for you! Have you been receiving any issues of PlayStation Magazine or Official Xbox Magazine over the past couple months? I signed up for a subscription a while back and used your address as my US address (I hope you don't mind), but I changed the address instantly to my Canadian address, so I'm wondering if the address change went through on their end or not. Thanks!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#9652 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

game_fanatic, I believe I got one issue of the Playstation Magazine a while back but have not received any since them. So maybe your address change did go through on their end, but you just haven't received your first issues. How long ago was this? You may want to contact them :) Thanks! Happy Holidays buddy.

#9653 JamesC_

JamesC_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

Hey goomba,
Just wanting to say, if you have some high priority orders you could push mine back to January :)

#9654 Porumy

Porumy

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

Actually, I ordered one copy of Valkyria Chronicles and it was worth $19.99. Your email sent an automated invoice that charged me an extra 10$.

At one point, I sent you a pm to change my shipping address.
You accidentally sent the copy of Valkyria Chronicles to my old shipping address. Then you sent one to the correct address and I received that one.

Post #7165 to #7168 and post #7122 to #7124 in this topic is what we discussed back then.

#9655 QC8472

QC8472

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

Hey Goomba,

I was wondering if you had any kind of estimate as to the status of packages received on Dec 7(Order Number: 898924450, the package is Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones). USPS says it was delivered on that date and I'm just wondering if I should receive an invoice soon(ish) so that it can be on it's way :)

Thanks!

#9656 Pat_McCrotch

Pat_McCrotch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

Hey Goomba,

Just wanted to know what's going on with Order #436114367 (Kick-ass, Get Him to the Greek, Leon, New York, I Love You, and Hot Tub Time Machine). btw, I received my copy of Black Ops a week ago. Really fun game. :D

Thanks again.

#9657 Leshita

Leshita

Guy Incognito

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:15 AM

Leshita, we have received most if not all of your orders. I'm going to be processing them from today through Sunday so we'll keep you posted on that. How did you want us to deal with shipping them? In the past I've shipped them in groups of 4-5 pounds (depending on if you want First Class or Priority Mail) and simply invoiced them that way. Let me know and we'll accommodate you. Thanks :)

Sounds good.
Whichever is easier for you Goomba. Would there be a major price difference between shipping it as separate packages as compared to one big package?

#9658 pyrox4

pyrox4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:04 AM

Hey Goomba how long does it usually take for someone in Canada to receive the package using the way you sent me mine? I'm not familiar with what the estimated times are with first-class international mail. I tried looking online but I see too many different answers. Starting to wish I had paid for faster shipping, waiting sucks :( If it's a week I'll manage but if it is any longer my hair will be gone :P

If it usually takes quite long and I'm talking 2-4 weeks then you'll probably receive the other 2 way before then, and I'd be willing to pay for those to get here extra fast. Would be funny to get those before the first though. I checked the bestbuy website and it no longer says sold out so maybe you will get them early next week if not tomorrow or friday. I had read that people are already receiving theirs that were originally said to backordered.

Let me know about all that! Thanks.

Edited by pyrox4, 23 December 2010 - 05:35 AM.

#9659 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:38 AM

Goomba I got my packages this afternoon. Just in time for Christmas.
Thanks.

#9660 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

JamesC_, I will get to yours ASAP :) I don't have a ton of high priority orders, but I do have a lot of multiple item ones that take up a lot of room. Thanks ^_^