Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10900 replies to this topic

#10021 AznChaos

AznChaos

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:44 AM

Hi Goomba,

Is it possible to check on my order: 1943 / 396551993. It's been quite a while since its been sent and I haven't received it yet.

Thanks

#10022 afterburn999

afterburn999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:06 AM

Goomba do you know if its possible to use US MS points on Canadian accounts ?

#10023 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

It's not. YMMV you can phone up M$ and bitch saying you didn't know when you bought one, and they can convert some numbers for you.
Posted Image

#10024 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hey guys thanks again for your new updates and questions and inquiries. I'm processing about 40 or so orders for GFC today so there's a lot to go through. GYROS will be 100% updated by tonight (by 8:00 PM more than likely) so if you don't see your order yet, no worries.

gsrce, I should have your invoice sent out to by the end of this weekend :) I think I've received all items with the exception of Hey Vern, but I'll try to locate it in the new boxes that came in (about 25 or so to go through still).

AznChaos, I have no way to really track it but you're right in saying it's been a while. It left New York on June 16th, but since it's First Class USPS I have no way to track it after that. My guess is that it just got delayed due to the Canada Post strike, so hang in there and hopefully it'll get to you any day now. I'll cross my fingers for you!

afterburn999, that's a negative unfortunately (unless they do a favor for you like ragnar14 mentioned). The Xbox Live Subscription cards work, but the points do not (no reason why that is). Thanks again!

#10025 darkstarripclaw

darkstarripclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

Hi Goomba, I should have $150 in SCC on my account (same username as here), minus a bit used for two orders later on. Order date for the SCCs would've been January 21st.

#10026 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:12 AM

Hi goomba478 any news on Operation Flashpoint: Red River for 360. Did it arrive there already? Sorry just wondering.

#10027 telepathy

telepathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:35 AM

http://www.gamestop....9OqvlLHyYdKkujQ

wanna ask how much it would be probably to ship this :D

Signup for League of Legends:
https://signup.leagu...50e932937302371

#10028 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:10 AM

http://www.gamestop....9OqvlLHyYdKkujQ

wanna ask how much it would be probably to ship this :D

With the service & shipping fees for a large package, not to mention the potential for import fees, wouldn't you be better off just getting it at Best Buy for $79.99?

http://www.bestbuy.c...796204616afen02
Posted Image

#10029 telepathy

telepathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

With the service & shipping fees for a large package, not to mention the potential for import fees, wouldn't you be better off just getting it at Best Buy for $79.99?

http://www.bestbuy.c...796204616afen02

hmm, you make a good point sir.

Signup for League of Legends:
https://signup.leagu...50e932937302371

#10030 Pat_McCrotch

Pat_McCrotch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

Goomba, I wanted to see how much an item I was going to buy so I filled out the Package Forwarding request form. Just by habit I clicked OK and it told me that it sent.

I didn't buy the item from amazon because the shipping alone is about the same as the item. Order # is 1100319516, you can just ignore this. Sorry. :ziplip:

#10031 CaptainKishimoto

CaptainKishimoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

Hey Goomba, just like to let you know that I send in a DR. I literally had to guess the weight of every item (3) I bought, but I don't think it'll be heavier than what I put (at least I hope not). =S

#10032 z7enZ

z7enZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:02 PM

Goomba i have just receive my copy of Mass Effect 2 in the mail today. Im looking forword to doing more business with you again in the future thanks

#10033 J-P

J-P

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hi Goomba, I sent an email asking about some weight estimates for some lawn care products. Could you look at when you get a chance? I'd like to order this stuff ASAP.

#10034 J-P

J-P

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:13 AM

Anyone heard fromm Goomba? I've sent him a couple of emails and haven't received a response.

#10035 darkstarripclaw

darkstarripclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

I got several responses from him a few days ago.

#10036 CaptainKishimoto

CaptainKishimoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:46 AM

You may also want to check GFC's forum: http://gamesforcanada.com/forum/

#10037 J-P

J-P

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:06 AM

You may also want to check GFC's forum: http://gamesforcanada.com/forum/

Yeah I registered for that forum last week but still haven't had my account approved.

#10038 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

Pat_McCrotch, no problem. We don't pay much attention to orders without payments anyhow. We're still working it out so that it won't send Emails for estimates. Something we have to play with (and we'll probably figure it out by August). Thanks for the heads up.

CaptainKishimoto, I think your estimate was pretty close. I'll let you know once we receive your items :) If you overpaid the shipping we'll add the funds to your account towards future purchases. This will be reflected on the website under your account.

z7enZ, that's great :) Hope you love the game. Thanks again!

J-P, I didn't see any Emails from you. Please send your Emails to us at jj @ improcomics.org . If you send to our business one it may go to our junk mail folder due to Outlook being set to HIGH for junk mail preferences. Please resend the Email if you could. Thanks :)

#10039 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

About the GFC Forums:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that our online store got hacked about a week ago and a hacker was trying to change the Paypal address to his own so that people who ordered from our store would have the money go to him. Luckily I caught it and fixed it, but in the meantime I'm just working out some security things with the forums. At the moment it has been set to where I have to manually approve each member, but I receive up to 500 fake accounts a week so it's overwhelming. I think I may just set it back to where anyone can join by Email verification but I'll have to manually remove spam accounts. I'll go do that.

If your account wasn't approved and you feel it should have been, email me directly at JJ @ improcomics.org (remove the space obviously) and I'll take care of it. Thanks :).

#10040 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

GFC Forums Are Up Again :)

If you have already registered you should be able to use your existing login (I transferred over the database from the old one). Honestly, I liked the old theme I created better with the old forum but the new one is a lot more secure and that's more important. I can play around with themes and all that later :)

If you have recently tried to set up an account and had difficulty or weren't approved, please try again. I have eased the restrictions now so all you have to do is enter your Email address and click a link, and you're in. I'll just have to modify the spammer accounts and delete their posts one by one, but at least you'll be able to get in. It's a lot less manual that way :)

I will be posting a lot of updates on there soon as I intended for that to be the main place for posts, but I'll still keep this one open on CAG for general questions and communication. Thanks again for all of your support guys. It's greatly appreciated :)

#10041 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

Sorry to hear about the hack, glad everything is resolved though =)

Any news about the items you have for me? I think you had mentioned a few weeks ago you'd have an invoice for me by the end of the week, lol (I know how things are though, and you know I'm not in a hurry, just checking up!)

#10042 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

Yeah, the hack was fixed within an hour of it happening and it was a lot messy than it could have been. I've switched my password, applied security patches and am updating the version of the store that I use as well. I think I'm missing one of your items, but I have about 20 packages to go through so I'll contact you as soon as possible :) Thanks man!

#10043 J-P

J-P

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:50 PM

Why not do something like charge new users $5 to join the forums. Then $5 will be deducted off of their first transaction with you. If someone completes a transaction with you then they automatically get registered on the forums.

Or when someone registers an account on GFC.com they automatically get registered on the forums too.

#10044 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

LOL, J-P, I like the idea but in truth I could never charge people to join the forums. It'd be a lot more hassle than just getting rid of the spammers and it'd be a lot of headaches for people (especially newcomers). I do appreciate the suggestion though :). I'll figure it all out, don't worry ^_^.

#10045 Paint Drinker

Paint Drinker

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:18 AM

Hi Goomba, I recalled your post reccomending me your service from 2 years ago, when I was asking for someone to help me ship P4 to Australia. Anyhow, I remembered about it all this time and thought I'd try it out.
I'm not sure how you guys do this, do I post the request here, via PM or go on your site or what?

#10046 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:53 AM

Hi Paint Drinker, we've pretty much automated almost everything. All you do is this:

1) Register for our site (it's Free) here: http://%27http//www.gamesforcanada.com/create-username.php?referral=goomba478
2) Choose either our Direct Request (DR) Service - Have us order the items for you and ship to you directly or
3) Our Package Forwarding (PF) Service - You order the item and have it delivered at our secure mailing location and we ship back out to you.

If you need additional information just let us know. Thanks again and hope to do business with you soon :) You can also find more information on our GFC Forums: http://www.gamesforcanada.com/forum

Cya!

#10047 Paint Drinker

Paint Drinker

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

Do you allow payments through Paypal? I was checking out your DR service and creditcard seemed like the only option. I'd really prefer PP because I can pay right now and get it done, otherwise it would be a hassle to ask to use someones credit card, as I don't use one. Amazon only uses cards and Buy.com doesn't accept international PP accounts.
Also, the item I'm wishing to purchase is a pre-order that comes out on the 26th, do you think you'd be able to process the order before then? I think the extra things that come with it are only available if you pre-order it is all.

Edit:
I just received an order email from you guys, even though I didn't finalise order. If this paypal business is sorted then it doesn't really matter though.

Cheers, I hope this all works out.

#10048 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

Thanks again goomba478 package came in Friday. Left feedback. Will be using GFC more in the future. :)

#10049 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Paint Drinker, thanks a bunch. I just ordered your copy of the game :) I'll let you know once I receive it if we need anything else from you. Not sure what it'll weigh, but you seem to have made a good estimated guess. Keep in touch!

Chronorayven, thanks a bunch. Definitely looking forward to doing business with you again soon :).

#10050 Paint Drinker

Paint Drinker

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:29 AM

Cheers goomba, I'll assume buy this that you received my updated order and paypal payment? Sorry about all the fuss earlier, I was half confused. This is very exciting. Get back to me (via here and email) when it arrives to let me know if they sent the artbook and ost with the order. If it ends up being any heavier because of this, sorry I forgot to take that into account, then I'll gladly send whatever extra via paypal.
Thanks again mate, great service you've got here.