Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10908 replies to this topic

#10051 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

Paint Drinker, no problem. I have no doubt that they'll send the artbook and OST because I believe they'll be packaged together for the first run of pre-orders so we should be set. But yeah, I'm assuming it'll weigh at least a pound when it ships. I'll just invoice you the difference once I have the actual product here in our office. Thanks again :)

#10052 milkybud

milkybud

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Got an email weekish and a half ago maybe that my shipment for oblivion 5th anniv. shipped out on Friday 15th of July. Was wondering how long does it usually take for one of your packages to reach here. Toronto/Mississauga Area.

Thanks again! :D

#10053 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:10 AM

Got an email weekish and a half ago maybe that my shipment for oblivion 5th anniv. shipped out on Friday 15th of July. Was wondering how long does it usually take for one of your packages to reach here. Toronto/Mississauga Area.

Thanks again! :D

5-7 business days from my history with Goomba. I've never had an issue with Customs holding anything from Goomba either =) (Although Canada Post has been terrible with getting things here from the U.S. since the strike ended. I'm waiting for something sent from the U.S. from the first week of July still)

#10054 milkybud

milkybud

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:25 AM

Nvm package came today! Thanks so much :D EPIIC Steelbook. Sucks the so called "coupon" for 10 bucks off Skyrim is a mail-in rebate. gotta buy the game at full price and the guide and mail in the form with their UPCs to get a 10 dollar prepaid visa. That's not cool at all. /rant over

again thanks alot and hopefully will be ordering from you again. :D

#10055 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

milkybud, glad you got it safely :) I had no idea the $10 credit was a mail in rebate either (BOO) but I agree that the steelbook is ridiculously cool. Glad I could help you get it man. Enjoy it and hope to do business with you again soon ^_^.

#10056 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

** GFC eBay items Galore **

Just wanted to let you guys know that I've decided for now against any Lowball sales for the mere fact that they take a lot of time and don't always earn as much money in the time we need them to. I will still keep them on the table for the future, but tonight we'll be launching a bunch of our older stock on eBay (most are 3 day auctions ending Sunday) so be sure to check them out. Links to the items are on our front page (they will be listed as of 10:30 PM EST tonight, Thursday night).

Thanks for your support :) I have to come up with around $2500 by the end of September for a trip to China, so I'll be listing quite a few things over the next 7 or 8 weeks. Lots of great deals to be had =) Remember also if you have GFC Canuck Bucks/Cash credit with us you can use that toward your bids (we'll manually adjust the invoice for you).

#10057 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:35 PM

We are selling a HUGE selection of our backlogged games and accessories on eBay for a 3 Day sale that ends on Sunday 07/31/2011 at 10:30 PM EST. You can see the collage below for a list of some of the items. We'll be listing more items each week so keep an eye out on the forum for more news Thanks guys for all of your support!

Posted Image

Sincerely,
JJ Parks ^_^
GFC

#10058 CaptainKishimoto

CaptainKishimoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

Just got my package today, thanks much Goomba =d Now I can watch ReBoot again, woo!

#10059 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Awesome, let me know how it is. I haven't watched it in a decade so I wonder if it holds up =) I remember being super impressed with it back in the day with the 3D animation and all. Enjoy!

#10060 Paint Drinker

Paint Drinker

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:26 AM

Just sent the extra postage over to you. Thanks for the prompt email and for checking for the artbook and ost, I appreciate the care and service.

#10061 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

You're welcome Paint Drinker. The game looks really great =) Hope it reaches you quickly and that you have a good time with it. Be sure to let me know what you think of it, as I'll probably end up getting it eventually myself ^_^.

#10062 Paint Drinker

Paint Drinker

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

No problem, need my Atlus fix. I really don't care if the game ends up being bad, which it won't, I want to bask in that game engine and imagine what Persona 5 will look like on it. Stunning.

#10063 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

Gosh, yeah I can't imagine what Persona 5 will look like. Is it true that it will use the Catherine engine? I had no idea, but that makes absolute sense =)

#10064 ichit4k4_set0

ichit4k4_set0

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:25 PM

Just got my package today, thanks much Goomba =d Now I can watch ReBoot again, woo!

Can you point me to what you ordered, I would be interested :) Thanks
Posted Image

#10065 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:52 AM

I'd assume he snagged the Reboot Mainframe Edition that came out a few weeks ago. It's the complete series in one handy box. It's on amazon .com/.ca for ~$50 (less on .com, more on .ca), I don't think it's really cheaper elsewhere. It's a smoking hot deal, but I've totally been on the fence over picking it up. Supposedly the set is plagued with audio problems :( And the YTV robot is missing his logo ^_^; I could probably live with the issues, but people are bugging the hell out of the publisher to fix the problems, so maybe it'll get a re-release?
Posted Image

#10066 CaptainKishimoto

CaptainKishimoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:55 AM

I'd assume he snagged the Reboot Mainframe Edition that came out a few weeks ago. It's the complete series in one handy box. It's on amazon .com/.ca for ~$50 (less on .com, more on .ca), I don't think it's really cheaper elsewhere. It's a smoking hot deal, but I've totally been on the fence over picking it up. Supposedly the set is plagued with audio problems :( And the YTV robot is missing his logo ^_^; I could probably live with the issues, but people are bugging the hell out of the publisher to fix the problems, so maybe it'll get a re-release?

That's the one. So far I haven't heard any audio problems (and hopefully it stays that way). This is the first I've heard of audio issues so yeah...I only wish the box wasn't so flimsy and would be at least somewhat sturdy.

Edited by CaptainKishimoto, 01 August 2011 - 05:21 AM.

#10067 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'm having some Email problems today with my JJ @ account, so if you Emailed me there and didn't receive a response please resend in a couple of hours. Sorry for that :) Thanks again.

I heard rumors of the audio issues too but am not sure how obvious they are. Let us know if you do run into them CaptainKishimoto as I plan to buy the set down the road :)

#10068 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

OK so the Email issues are fixed and now I'm debating whether or not I should block new registrants for the GFC forums. I think what I may do is create a user account each time a new GFC member registers on the site (as well as all existing members) and simply tie the accounts together. That way your GFC username/password would be the same for both parts of the site. Makes sense right? That way, spammers wouldn't just register and post 10,000 spam messages daily and eat up the boards alive.

I'll figure it out. In the meantime, today is another UPS pickup day for PF orders and I'll be shipping out a bunch of DR's as well. Thanks again guys.

#10069 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

OK so the Email issues are fixed and now I'm debating whether or not I should block new registrants for the GFC forums. I think what I may do is create a user account each time a new GFC member registers on the site (as well as all existing members) and simply tie the accounts together. That way your GFC username/password would be the same for both parts of the site. Makes sense right? That way, spammers wouldn't just register and post 10,000 spam messages daily and eat up the boards alive.

I'll figure it out. In the meantime, today is another UPS pickup day for PF orders and I'll be shipping out a bunch of DR's as well. Thanks again guys.

#10070 Paint Drinker

Paint Drinker

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:30 AM

Hey, Goomba. Just got my Catherine package in the mail this morning. Everything is in pristine quality, thank you so much man. I love it.
Where do I add positive marks on this site? I haven't used it in so long.
Thanks again man, really great service you have here.

Edit:
Not to worry, all sorted. Cheers mate.

#10071 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:44 AM

Hi Paint Drinker,

So glad you got it in pristine condition :) We do try to pack everything so that it'll reach you perfectly. I appreciate the feedback and hope to do business with you again soon!

#10072 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

I finally had a little spare time this morning and deleted all the SPAM messages on our boards. In addition, I've stepped up the requirements on posting so that you have to type in verification letters for your first 10 posts and guests will have to do this as well. This coupled with stricter signup rules should make things better. I'll try to post more on the forums as well to transition us there better. It's a process :) Thanks guys.

#10073 kyle071785

kyle071785

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:34 AM

Hey Goomba!

Haven't had to use you for a good chunk of time but my fiancee requires your shipping services :D

I placed the package forwarding order on your site (Order #1108710520). I also paid the estimated shipping/handling fees via paypal.

She ordered a pair of shoes from TOMS that she wants to wear in our wedding and for some reason these are one of the few ones that TOMS do not sell/ship to Canada.

Anyways, they'll be shipping to you (from TOMS) by UPS ground.

here's a link to the item she ordered: http://www.toms.com/...-women-s-wedges

Thanks again and let me know if anything else is needed.

-kyle
:360: = Pure1nvasion

:whee:
Posted Image

#10074 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:42 AM

Wow Kyle, great to hear from you again. I think it's so cool that your fiancee is ordering shoes for your wedding from us =) What a cool little thing. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them (our next pickup is this upcoming Friday) so we'll keep in touch and let you know if there's anything else we need. Congrats on everything and good luck with the wedding! Talk to you soon.

#10075 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

** IMPORTANT: GFC WILL BE CLOSED STARTING 09/01/2011 - 11/01/2011 **

Just wanted to let you all know in advance that I'll be going to China for almost a month so I'll be closing the site from 09/01/2011 - 11/01/2011 . This gives you plenty of time to get your orders in now to have us process them before we leave (we're not actually leaving until 09/26/2011) for us to ship out, and clean up our offices so that no orders are left behind. In the last three weeks between when we shut the new orders down we'll pack and ship out existing orders and we'll spend most of our time eBaying items to make room and earn money for our trip. So we won't be completely away, but we will not accept new DR or PF orders until approximately November 1st, 2011. It'll be the longest we've been away but necessary for my wife's family to meet our new baby :).

Also, during this time I'll be working on a lot of new features for the site. I'm not sure how much time I'll actually have to code them (or if I'll have Internet where I'm staying) but I'll be at the very least working it all out on paper :) More on this soon. I really appreciate all you guys have done for us in the last three years we've been in business. This year has been exceptionally positive as far as new additions to the site and next year will be no exception. We're just going to keep innovating and trying our hardest to make our business the very best out there.

See you soon and keep in touch. Get your orders in if you need them before November. Also, please do NOT ship any packages to our UPS store even if you know the address. We will not be here to pick them up and there will be a $1.00 a day charge for each package there. Not to mention the fact the store owners would likely close our accounts and fine us if we received a ton of packages (the store is quite small and they have very limited storage area). Thanks again and talk to you guys soon!

#10076 kyle071785

kyle071785

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:51 AM

Enjoy the trip! Everyone needs to get away now and then. China is one place I'd love to get to one day but I'd be afraid of the language barrier (not sure if English is spoken at all in the main cities and I'd rather try and refrain from butchering a different language).

Anyways a quick update on my order (TOMS Shoes):

UPS is estimating its arrival date to you as Aug. 25th (so Thursday). I thought UPS was supposed to be quick? :drool: I could have probably driven down and picked it up quicker straight from the TOMS warehouse
:360: = Pure1nvasion

:whee:
Posted Image

#10077 Pat_McCrotch

Pat_McCrotch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:20 AM

I've been to China before and it's a wonderful place!

Also, I sent a Direct Request order for an HP TouchPad Tablet for $100. I would've done Package Forwarding but it wouldn't let me put in a Canadian address. There's about 7000 in stock since I ordered so hopefully you get this in time. :D

EDIT: Interesting....It won't let me add it to my cart anymore. Hopefully you can. :cry:

Edited by Pat_McCrotch, 22 August 2011 - 02:48 AM.

#10078 Fei Jai

Fei Jai

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:08 AM

China is a great tourist destination.

I placed a PF order (Order # 221696969) and sent you payment, via gift cards, but I haven't heard back from you. I don't know if it didn't go through or if you've been busy the past 4/5 days but just wanted to be certain. Get back to me when you can, Thanks.

#10079 wizic

wizic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:19 AM

hey goomba

long time i havent used ur service, my first time using PF let me know if i did it correctly thanks.
Order Number: 2140418958

#10080 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

kyle071785, thanks a bunch. I do know a little Chinese as I lived there on and off for over a year and a half (not to mention my wife is fluent) but honestly the language barrier is what I love most about travelling internationally. It's also what makes places like Quebec fun for me (I know just enough to get me into trouble haha). But yeah, definitely looking forward to it. Funny enough, it was my China trip in 2008 that influenced and inspired the starting of GFC to begin with, so who knows what I'll come up with this time in my nearly 3.5 weeks away from the Internet =). I'll pick up your shoes as soon as I can and will update you via GYROS/Email.

Pat_McCrotch, Unfortunately the HP Touch Pad was sold out by the time I received your order. I sent you a full refund. Better luck next time =\.

Fei Jai, I didn't see the payment Email (maybe it went to my junk mail). Please make sure that you sent it to JJ @ improcomics DOT org so that it comes to my personal Email. Thanks!