Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10920 replies to this topic

#10381 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hey guys, I didn't realize there so many new messages here. Let me answer as many as I can before I go out for another UPS/PF pickup.

Tetsugen, I'm planning to charge $10 a month for premium membership which will give you $1 for all service charges on items for 30 days. Weight/Value charges will still be applied but all standard service charges will be $1.00. If you shop multiple items in a month then it'll be worthwhile to go premium. We'll also have a yearly membership at a discounted price as well. All of these are optional though.

fuzzbunker, it takes 10-15 days on average to most cities in Canada. And no, we use UPS for picking up the packages but ship via USPS so it should go directly to your home address that you provided. Hopefully you'll have it soon :).

z7enz, we're doing another UPS pickup today as well as a big GYROS update. Take a look on GYROS today and it should be all up to date.

Klutchkilla, I removed all the excess packaging and got it down to 4 pounds for you. If you don't have Paypal we can send you a link to pay via Google Checkout if that works for you, or we can submit a link for you to pay through our site as you did initially. Let me know what you'd like to do.

#10382 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

Goomba just a heads up I sent you an email a couple of days ago

#10383 z7enZ

z7enZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:12 AM

Send you a PM cuz your email is spammed =/

#10384 Leshita

Leshita

Guy Incognito

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hi Goomba,

I just received the packages.
I just sent you an e-mail regarding a couple of missing items and a couple of minor issues; please let me know once you have read it. Thanks.

Also, just PMed you because you never responded.

#10385 djblue

djblue

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

is your website still working ? Because I want to have a couple of Vita games shipped to you.

#10386 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hi there djblue, yes sorry about that. We just changed our web hosting plan and it will be down for a few hours at most. We'll be back lickity split. (PS: I can't receive Emails until the site updates, should be up very soon. Thanks guys)!

#10387 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

The site host update is complete now and the GFC website is back to normal guys ^_^ Sorry for the temporary downage. Everything should be smooth sailing now.

#10388 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Have you been getting emails? Or is your email still borked?

#10389 z7enZ

z7enZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

Anyone gotten a reply from goomba PM/Email? Im still waiting for sometime on my PMs to him to answer me. Must be really busy i guess

#10390 blackric

blackric

Domo Arigato Mr.Roboto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:21 AM

Received my camera a few weeks ago. Thanks so Goomba!!! Feedback left.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/393/BulletSmoke.pn

Posted Image
Join Goozex.com and never pay full price for games again!

#10391 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

I am receiving Emails no problem but a few people have mentioned they didn't get my responses. I had a host update with Host Gator this week which seemed to back up some mails, but that should be resolved by now. Feel free to email me at my Gmail in the meantime if you haven't heard from me on my normal Emails.

Gmail: goomba478@gmail.com

Thanks guys!

#10392 Tetsugen

Tetsugen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

Any updates on if premium membership availability ?

#10393 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

** GFC PREMIUM BETA DETAILS **

OK guys, here it is. All of the information you need on the GFC Premium BETA program. I finished the majority of the coding today and will be launching the official BETA on Monday. This is how it's going to work:

1) I will post a link here and only here for the first week or two. The page listed will not be available on the website to those out of the loop, because I want to make sure it launches without any bugs.

2) The link here will allow you to sign up with one of two options: $10 USD for one month premium membership or $100 USD for one year premium membership (essentially giving you two months free).

3) In order to be a premium member you will need to be logged into the site when you purchase it and your premium membership will be applied immediately to your account. The membership will last as long as you sign up for. At the moment we will only allow for one a maximum one year membership but may extend that in the future.

4) As a premium member you will only pay $1.00 for the individual item service charges instead of the normal $2.00. You will still have to pay for weight/value surcharges but you will have an option to wave the shipping buffer.

5) In addition as a premium member you be able to pre-load Canuck Bucks/Service Charge Credits directly on the site which will minimize any handling charges. In March once the site launches the program officially you will also have an option to add Amazon Gift Cards to your account for use on the site.

This is all very early on, but again I'll be posting an official BETA link on Monday in this thread. If you'd like to join, we'd be happy to have you :). If not, then don't worry the site will work exactly the same as it does now. We appreciate your support ^_^

#10394 tkszeto

tkszeto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

Hey Goomba,

I sent you an e-mail to both your addresses and haven't heard anything back yet. Just wondering if you got my DR on 20 Feb, I haven't seen anything on the Gyros page.

Join Swagbucks - Search and Win.

Join Zoombucks - Search and Win like Swagbucks.

Join Opinion Outpost. Do surveys for checks and Amazon.com Gift Cards.

#10395 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

tkszeto, I seem to be having some Email issues. But yes I did order your DR items :) Thanks!

#10396 tkszeto

tkszeto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

tkszeto, I seem to be having some Email issues. But yes I did order your DR items :) Thanks!

You are awesome as usual goomba!

#10397 z7enZ

z7enZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

Great you are on finally!. You are one hard guy to get hold of nowadays lol. Emails isnt working so guess ill PM you the msg i email you yesterday.PM Sent

Edited by z7enZ, 26 February 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#10398 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

I am receiving Emails no problem but a few people have mentioned they didn't get my responses. I had a host update with Host Gator this week which seemed to back up some mails, but that should be resolved by now. Feel free to email me at my Gmail in the meantime if you haven't heard from me on my normal Emails.

Gmail: goomba478@gmail.com

Thanks guys!

Alright, well I never received a reply from you. =(

Have you or are you going to be sending my stuff out soon to ensure it arrives by the 5th for me?

#10399 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

Gsrce, sorry you didn't get my response. I replied to ask you if it was alright for me to mail it out early. If I ship Priority Mail it only takes 3-4 days to get to California. Let me know, thanks!

#10400 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Gsrce, sorry you didn't get my response. I replied to ask you if it was alright for me to mail it out early. If I ship Priority Mail it only takes 3-4 days to get to California. Let me know, thanks!

Yup, go ahead and mail it out whenever.

Thanks again =)

#10401 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

** GFC PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM STARTS NOW **

OK guys, nothing too fancy yet as this is a BETA but I'm happy to say that our GFC Premium Membership program has officially started as of today. If you'd like to try it out, just head on over to our GFC Store to this custom item (sorry for the lack of style lol, I'll make it look better on the real site) and buy a one month subscription for $10.00. The discounts are listed in the product description and we'll be adding new benefits to it very soon. If you buy several items a month you'll save quite a bit with this program. Please let us know if you have any issues with ordering.

Also, please note at the moment we have to manually enter you as a premium member so please allow 6-8 hours of processing time as we may be away from the office when you join.

Without further ado, here's the link: http://gamesforcanad...products_id=194

Thanks again guys! Again, in March this will launch officially and it will be handled on the website itself. Enjoy!

#10402 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Nobody has joined yet, who will have the honor of being the first? =)

#10403 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

I successfully added in the Premium Discount to GFC Package Forwarding orders now, which should work. If you sign up for Premium and don't see the discount, please let me know. I'll be adding the discount into Direct Requests in the next couple of days. Thanks guys. If you haven't joined yet for the premium membership, please do :) The more beta users I have the better I'll optimize it.

#10404 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Congratulations FFX2 / z7enz for officially becoming the first GFC Premium Member ^_^ We're happy to have you on board. Let us know if you run into any difficulties or troubles during this BETA period. We'll be listing the service on the site sometime mid to late March once all the kinks are worked out. Appreciate it! I'm hoping some other frequent members will join to let us know what they think!

#10405 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

Sent an email to your Gmail and GFC email. Hopefully one of them arrived =)

(No idea if you're still having email trouble)

#10406 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

LOL thanks gsrce I got all of them :) and all of the Email issues and host issues have seemingly been fixed so no worries there. I'll go shoot you a reply.

#10407 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't had much support in the BETA of the GFC Premium Membership yet. I've had a lot of people say they were interested but outside of one or two members nobody has come through. I guess I'm just going to have to launch it officially on the site at the end of the month without a BETA program, which is fine, but just giving you a heads up. I still believe the program is a good balance though to support regular customers with a perk for supporting the site, while also allowing for a little up-front revenue to keep the site running smoothly.

The truth is GFC is really a labor of love for me as technically speaking I haven't turned a profit in the 4 years I've been doing it. That's not an issue for me in the meantime because there's definitely a lot of potential revenue and growth in the business model, but unless I can seriously ramp up my customer base or branch off with some alternative revenue streams, I'm looking to break even at best with my current services.

#10408 tkszeto

tkszeto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

Got my games today Goomba, thanks!

#10409 z7enZ

z7enZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

Got the headphones and magnets today thanks again Goomba

#10410 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

Awesome ^_^ So glad things are moving along in the delivery department. I'm working a lot on our new area in our office (new bookshelves, cases and lots and lots of organizing units) so I'm working as hard as I can to expedite the shipping process. Thanks for the updates and keep in touch guys :) Your feedback really helps a ton.