Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10920 replies to this topic

#10471 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

By the way guys, I planned on going to the UPS Store yesterday but didn't know they are closed for the entire weekend due to Easter. I'll be going on Wednesday instead as I'll be in NYC on Monday/Tuesday. Sorry for the inconvenience but it'll have little effect on anything as I will be focused on the 15 packages I already have in my possession and will process the new ones after I pick them up. Thanks guys!

#10472 dongmei_amero

dongmei_amero

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

Hi May, not a problem :) I realize our system is a bit confusing to newcomers, which is why we're doing our best to make this month's site updates clear for everyone. Yes, the unused funds will be available on your account and you can request a refund at any time for the "Shipping Buffer" funds. With the new update these funds will show on the website and if you have existing shipping buffer funds available it will not have you repay them on future orders. If you do request a refund, then you'll have to pay the shipping buffer again with your next order. Thanks!

Hello Goomba, thank you for the reply. Yes please, if you could please refund the shipping buffer I'd really appreciate that, I am not sure when I will be ordering next so I prefer to have the amount refunded. Thank you!

May

#10473 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

OK May, I'll have that refunded to you. Thanks again!

#10474 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

dongmei_amero and RoganSarine, you should be all set. Thanks and Happy Easter!

#10475 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hi Goomba,

I've never used your service before, but I recently submitted an order for package forwarding. It's for a copy of Silent Hill 3 on PC.

Just wanted to let you know through here, thanks in advance!

#10476 benz370

benz370

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hi Goomba,

I would also like to have my shipping buffer refunded as I do not know when i'll use the service again, my order number is 1791735946.

Thanks!

#10477 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Jotamide, I got your invoice and payment and will let you know once I receive your item (we'll ship it out and send you an Email confirmation). Thanks :)

Everyone else, I'm in NYC today but returning tonight and will resume GYROS updates, shipping of packages and all that good stuff. Another UPS Pickup tomorrow. Thanks!

#10478 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

benz370, no problem once I get back to my state tonight I'll try to get that over to you. Thanks again.

#10479 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

DeepDiscount sent you something for me that was cancelled and needs to be RMA'd if you still have the invoice that came with it.

It was an Ernest double feature Blu Ray. Besides that, they should have also sent you a copy of Clerks on Blu that I have yet to submit a PF for, will get on that now. That one you can keep =)

#10480 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

gsrce, I'll look into that for you :) I don't think I saw that in any past orders but it may be with the new packages I just picked up today (about 20 of them or so). Also, I have your WOW cups which finally came in a couple weeks ago. We'll work it all out though. Thanks buddy ^_^

#10481 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

** DROPBOX **

Hey guys, I don't usually ask for much in terms of advertising but I do have a request if any of you have a minute or two. I'm not sure if any of you use Dropbox yet, but if you don't could you possibly open a free account using my link? For every member that joins through my link I get an extra 500MB of space (and you do too) up to 16GB total. I've been using Dropbox a LOT lately as it lets me conveniently update my site on the road and at work, and having the extra space would be a HUGE help.

So if you could, sign up using this link: http://db.tt/pAfD1Q7E

In case you don't know, Dropbox is an online cloud storage type system that lets you store your files virtually. This lets you access the same files across several computers (even different OS') and it's super convenient. You get 2GB for free and another 500MB for every friend your refer. Please take a minute and sign up for me, I really appreciate it!

#10482 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

** DROPBOX **

Hey guys, I don't usually ask for much in terms of advertising but I do have a request if any of you have a minute or two. I'm not sure if any of you use Dropbox yet, but if you don't could you possibly open a free account using my link? For every member that joins through my link I get an extra 500MB of space (and you do too) up to 16GB total. I've been using Dropbox a LOT lately as it lets me conveniently update my site on the road and at work, and having the extra space would be a HUGE help.

So if you could, sign up using this link: http://db.tt/pAfD1Q7E

In case you don't know, Dropbox is an online cloud storage type system that lets you store your files virtually. This lets you access the same files across several computers (even different OS') and it's super convenient. You get 2GB for free and another 500MB for every friend your refer. Please take a minute and sign up for me, I really appreciate it!

I can vouch for Dropbox being a great program, I've been using it for about a year now. Dropbox is the best though as it allows you to use ANY file type and converts it to be used on your smartphone/ipod touch. (PDF, JPG, WORD, etc.)

Box is also a great program, which gives you 5gb to start out with instead of the 2gb Dropbox offers. (I use both programs!)

http://www.box.com/

#10483 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

** VERY IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT PF ORDERS **

It has come to my attention today that a number of orders were recently refused at my UPS Store. I do not know the details of this but both buyers had indicated to me that they followed the directions fully on the site, and yet the orders will still returned to the shippers. This may be a result of many customers ordering with both my name and their name on the package (a BIG no-no) or just their name (even worse). If this is the case, there's a good chance that my UPS Store will no longer do business with us.

I will be looking into this in the next few days and get to the bottom of it, but I'll be temporarily stopping all future PF orders until we can come to an agreement with them. If you have already placed a PF order, we'll let you know if we have received your items in the next few days. If you have tracking available and it says returned to sender, please let us know along with the tracking number.

Very sorry for this guys, but a lot of new customers haven't followed the instructions and it looks like it may cause me to change how I do PF orders entirely. As you know, I'll be shutting down the site to free users tomorrow anyhow for our month off, so maybe this will be good timing as far as restructuring goes. I'll update you as soon as I have more information.

#10484 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

** VERY IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT PF ORDERS **

It has come to my attention today that a number of orders were recently refused at my UPS Store. I do not know the details of this but both buyers had indicated to me that they followed the directions fully on the site, and yet the orders will still returned to the shippers. This may be a result of many customers ordering with both my name and their name on the package (a BIG no-no) or just their name (even worse). If this is the case, there's a good chance that my UPS Store will no longer do business with us.

I will be looking into this in the next few days and get to the bottom of it, but I'll be temporarily stopping all future PF orders until we can come to an agreement with them. If you have already placed a PF order, we'll let you know if we have received your items in the next few days. If you have tracking available and it says returned to sender, please let us know along with the tracking number.

Very sorry for this guys, but a lot of new customers haven't followed the instructions and it looks like it may cause me to change how I do PF orders entirely. As you know, I'll be shutting down the site to free users tomorrow anyhow for our month off, so maybe this will be good timing as far as restructuring goes. I'll update you as soon as I have more information.

Oh man, I hope this gets sorted out somehow. My game appears as received on the UPS store. I hope they don't send it back. :cry:

#10485 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

Jotamide, no worries. If it shows as received by the UPS Store that means you should be all set. Let me know though if the status changes. I'm doing another pickup there on Wednesday so I'll keep you all posted. I'm also ordering some things of my own to ship to there today and tomorrow to see if everything is going smoothly. I'll keep you posted ASAP :).

#10486 benz370

benz370

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

benz370, no problem once I get back to my state tonight I'll try to get that over to you. Thanks again.

Hey Goomba,

Still waiting on the shipping buffer refund, thanks!

#10487 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

benz370, I waited until we received your two Blu-Rays. We have shipped them out now and sent your refund :) Thanks!

#10488 benz370

benz370

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

benz370, I waited until we received your two Blu-Rays. We have shipped them out now and sent your refund :) Thanks!

Got it, thanks!

#10489 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Not a problem buddy, thanks again!

#10490 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

I just typed up a 5 paragraph update about the new things going on with GFC but CAG crashed when I submitted it so I lost all that typing. I'll keep you updated in great detail soon but here's the QUICK version:

1) GYROS update tomorrow
2) Working out things with UPS Store
3) PF system will relaunch on 04/20 for Premium Members
4) Trial system for GFC Premium launching in a week or two
5) GFC Bank is entering alpha stage
6) Loyalty Points System launching in May

More on all of these soon (hopefully CAG won't crash on me next time!)

PS: Always remember folks to type long posts in notepad/Word first before submitting...doh!

#10491 oOutre

oOutre

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

Hi Goomba,

I know you're busy but I have email you 2 times at GFC Website Contact Us. Anyway, I'm interested in using your services. Can you estimate roughly what is the shipping rates to Singapore or even Asia? Let's say for a bag or even a pair of shoes.

Some of the US site do ship to Singapore & Asia using FiftyOne but their rates kind of steep. Do you accept payments in other form beside PayPal? Would appreciate it if you could provide the info needed. Thanks.:D

#10492 z7enZ

z7enZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:57 AM

Receive my package from you but after opening it the Triple pack dvds i noticed there was only 2 dvds in there and not 3 dvds. I wish you had open them and took a look. I will email gohastings and see whatsup

#10493 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

Jotamide, no worries. If it shows as received by the UPS Store that means you should be all set. Let me know though if the status changes. I'm doing another pickup there on Wednesday so I'll keep you all posted. I'm also ordering some things of my own to ship to there today and tomorrow to see if everything is going smoothly. I'll keep you posted ASAP :).

Thanks man, just as a heads up the status changed to "Delivered" a week ago. I hope the game is in your possession now. ;)

#10494 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Thanks Jotamide, I just got about 40 packages from the UPS Store so I'll be sorting those today and tomorrow. I'll be sure to get that out to you ASAP :) Thanks again!

#10495 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

oOutre, sorry about that. We're having some issues with the "Contact Us" link on the site for some reason. I'm thinking I'm going to rewrite that whole section. I'd be happy to estimate some shipping prices for you though. The average pair of shoes or bag weighs about 3 pounds and for Singapore I highly recommend using USPS Priority Mail which comes to about $42.00 USD for shipping approximately. Shipping and pair of shoes and a bag together you'd save and it'd be around $56.00 USD for the shipping portions. What other forms of payment were you looking for? We can accept Amazon Gift Cards alternatively. Thanks!

#10496 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Guys, I'll be making a final NYC visit tonight and tomorrow and then I'll be working full time on coding the new pages for the site. Busy, busy, busy. Lots of packages shipping out tomorrow and Thursday as well. Keep an eye on GYROS starting tomorrow night for many updates. Thanks guys, talk to you all soon.

#10497 JamesX

JamesX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hey Goomba, I want to put through a PF order but I am unable to , I am premium member but the message does not disappear as per your message:

"If you are a Premium Member, this message will disappear and everything will appear as usual"

Let me know how to proceed
JamesX

#10498 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Is this shipment still not in your possession? It's been nearly 30 days since it was delivered to your shipping address. The order is #2304 / 1011109841.

Derfel, the GYROS update will be live in a couple of hours (typing it as we speak). So yes if it was 03/29 then that means it'll likely ship around upcoming Wednesday. Thanks!

Posted Image

#10499 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

JamesX, I'll try to re-enable it today. I had to shut it down temporarily due to a conflicting code entry. Feel free to order your items as usual and I'll get the site running for you later today :) Thanks.

Derfel, we just received it in our new shipment pickup so we'll have that out to you today. Sorry for the wait, not sure what happened but we do have your item safe and sound and will get that out to you promptly. Thanks!

#10500 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

It seems my item was sent but UPS said your address doesn't exist ... also I couldn't do PF since I didn't notice it will be closed till May 15 :/

update: "they "think" they found the right addy in their system" which doesn't give me a lot of confidence ... well anyway it was sent today and I have the tracking number should I sent it here on Cag or email?