Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10905 replies to this topic

#10501 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Chronorayven, what was it you sent? Nobody should be sending PF orders right now unless you're a GFC Premium member. Please let me know, thanks!

#10502 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Chronorayven, what was it you sent? Nobody should be sending PF orders right now unless you're a GFC Premium member. Please let me know, thanks!

it's a SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Pro Edition Mouse

#10503 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

I will check on that for you tomorrow when I do my next UPS pickup, but please if you are going to do PF orders sign up for GFC Premium in our store.

For all GFC Premium Members, the PF page should load for you (be sure to log in though or else you won't get the premium discount). Thanks guys. I'll finally have two days off starting Tuesday so I'll be doing a ton of updates and coding. Cya soon!

#10504 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

Okay thanks goomba

#10505 legkick

legkick

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

Hey JJ,

I asked you to place an order for cards for me in Feb 17 I believe. I know that they did not send ship the order the last time I asked you over a month ago. I assumed they have not shipped yet. So I was wondering what was going on with it. I tried emailing you awhile back but your email was messed up. If they have not shipped yet then can you cancel the order? Thanks.

#10506 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

legkick, I'll try to contact that company and see if they can refund me and cancel the order. I'll let you know once I hear back from them. Sorry they're so unprofessional =P

#10507 JamesX

JamesX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

hey goomba, can I add 3 items to my latest order, I noticed I have a ship date of may 10 on gyros so you would have by then for sure. LMK if a problem.

UPDATE, Goomba, I went ahead and placed the order, the coupon expired today. I emailed you the details. Please confirm receipt of email at your earliest convenience.

Edited by JamesX, 02 May 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#10508 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

JamesX, got your Email. Thanks. I'll let you know when I have all of your items in stock ^_^. Should be next Tuesday or Wednesday.

#10509 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

** GFC Premium Update **

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm furiously coding away the GFC Premium features into the GFC Site. As it stands now, if you're upgraded to GFC Premium you should see the Package Forwarding link load on the sidebar now (you need to be logged in of course). If you're a free/standard member then you should NOT see the Package Forwarding link. This is intentional. The link will appear back once the BETA is over on 05/20 but until then if you are not a GFC Premium member, please do not ship anything to our PF address/UPS Store.

If you're interested in becoming a GFC Premium Member, please follow these steps (they are also listed on the main page now):

We're happy to announce that our GFC Premium program has now officially launched (in Beta). This means that you can join and receive discounts on our standard service charges, as well as pre-load credits for further savings. If you'd like to join, please follow these steps:

1) Register for a free account on GFC (if you haven't done so already). The link is HERE.

2) Go to our GFC store and purchase a one-month subscription to GFC Premium. Be sure to use the same Email address that you used from step 1. Currently we are offering one month subscriptions only, but we'll have a one year option very soon as well at a further discounted rate. Please note you'll need a separate login for our store...this will change in the near future. We recommend you use the same username/Email/password that you use on the main GFC page. The link for GFC Premium is HERE .

3) Once you register, your account will be flagged as a Premium account in our system and you'll be able to access a special version of our Package Forwarding (PF) site. This process is manually done at the moment and may take up to 12 hours for us to change in our system for you, so please be patient. Once your account is upgraded to premium, the sidebar and any links on the site will show the GFC Premium Members exclusive sections. Your account will remain premium status for as long as you purchased. Once your Premium Membership expires, you will have to purchase more time if you wish to remain in the Premium program.

4) Please note that during this Beta (04/20/2012 - 05/20/12) GFC Free/Standard members will not be able to use our Package Forwarding services. You can, however, still access our Direct Request service and have us order items on your behalf.

Thanks so much for your ongoing support! This step is truly necessary to make GFC profitable enough to continue as a small business, and also helps to reward our most frequent members with the discounts they desire. We appreciate everything you've done for us as a community :) Happy GFC'ing!

Edited by goomba478, 04 May 2012 - 06:45 AM.
Fixed Hyperlinks

#10510 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

Hey goomba, I see that my order shipped the other day, cool. Can you also refund the shipping buffer? Thanks a lot!
Posted Image

#10511 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hi Derfel, The shipping buffer refund system will be in place next week on the site, so if you can wait until then that'd be great. If not, I can have it sent to you sooner. Thanks!

#10512 classical

classical

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

Goomba, is it at all possible to include my order (2310 / 744386011) the next time you ship out? There's a sale on lenses at my favourite optical shop for the next couple of weeks and perhaps I might be able to receive the frames in time to take advantage of it. Like Derfel, it's been a month since my package was delivered to you and I must admit experiencing some amount of frustration as the prolonged waiting continues.

#10513 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

classical, yes your package will be shipping out today as well. Almost all the ones highlighted green will ship today or tomorrow. Sorry for the wait but I assure you the changes we're making on the site will make it easier and faster for everyone in the near future. I've been throwing all of my work into the site to try and make it a simpler process and a more transparent one, and we're getting there :) I'll Email you the shipping details once it ships. Thanks again!

#10514 Ginx

Ginx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Hi Goomba, I purchased the premium membership but I still can't seem to log into the site to see package forwarding. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

#10515 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hey Ginx, meet me on the GFC chat room http://gamesforcanada.com/chat.html ... Thanks!

#10516 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

Just another day processing and shipping. I got sent home a bit early from my regular job today so I'm expecting to get a good deal of packing done. I will continue to keep GYROS updated and will be working more on the "GFC Bank" coding as well. See you guys soon ^_^.

#10517 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

** GFC Rewards Store BETA **

I just wanted to let you know another update I'm working on (so many, I know lol) is the GFC Reward Store. It'll work basically like our existing store, except you can use your Canuck Bucks and existing credits to get items (that will include shipping as well). This will launch in June but I started the major coding for it today :). More on this soon. This will likely take the place of lowball auctions for a lot of cheaper items as it's easier for me to list them. Thanks guys and talk to you soon.

#10518 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

Goomba any word if my item arrive? Also will probably add something to that item so waiting patiently for PF to re open :)

#10519 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

Goomba, I picked up Silent Hill 3 this week. Thanks for the prompt shipment and all the feedback.

To refund the initial deposit I just need to leave you a message here or somewhere in your website?

#10520 kyle071785

kyle071785

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

hey goomba...haven't used the service in a while

any idea how much a DVD season (boxset) weighs? I know on your site it says 1 dvd is 7 ounces (give or take).

i wanted to order in 5 seasons of a show off amazon.com and am trying to get it shipped to ontario as cheap as possible. Amazon is charging $19 to ship the 5 season as well as $27 import fee deposit (which may get refunded). Do you think it'd be cheaper to order from you or should I just order directly from amazon?

Thanks bud
:360: = Pure1nvasion

:whee:
Posted Image

#10521 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

** GFC PO BOX CHANGING **

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up that our PO BOX for our business (previously in Uncasville, CT) will be changing. So please do NOT ship anything there as it will be returned. This is not our UPS box we use for Package Forwarding, as that will remain unchanged for now. Thanks :)

#10522 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Chronorayven, I'll keep you posted. Still planning to re-open next week around the 20th for PF :)

Jotamide, our next week's update will have the GFC Bank beta where you'll be able to request refunds for existing shipping credits. Thanks!

kyle071785, it really depends on the box set. I've had ones as light as a pound or less and others weighing 10 pounds or more. It usually is determined by how many discs it has and the weight of the extras/packaging. What show is it? I can try to estimate it for you :) Thanks!

#10523 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

Okay thanks I'll be waiting :)

#10524 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

** IMPORTANT SHIPPING ANNOUNCEMENT**

Just wanted to let you know that today (5/16/2012) the USPS (US Postal Service) announced they will no longer allow sellers to ship anything that contains a lithium battery. What this means is that I will no longer be able to use USPS to ship:

* Laptops
* Cell Phones
* Video Game Devices
* Other items that contain lithium batteries

This is in response to international aviation laws and will remain on the books until 01/01/2013 when it'll be reviewed and possibly reversed.

So please do NOT order any of these items to our package forwarding location. If you'd still like to order these items through Direct Request, please note that we'll have to ship via UPS or FedEx as they will continue to allow us to ship lithium battery items. Thanks and sorry for the last minute update, I didn't learn this until just a few minutes ago. Good luck and thanks for your support of GFC.

#10525 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

Sorry if anyone had problems loading the site today. I was updating the main page, bank page and some other smaller pages and didn't remember to close some of my PHP code. It should work properly now ^_^.

#10526 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Today I've re-added a FAQ page on the website and will be adding newer questions that I receive from members. There's also a nifty little new button on the side to make it easier to find. There's also an "Online Store" button now as well for those of you who had trouble finding it on the site previously. More updates to coming soon :). Thanks guys for your ongoing support and suggestions!

#10527 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

** GFC Bank BETA Preview is Live **

This has been a long time coming, but we're finally unleashing the GFC Bank. In a nutshell this lets you see all of your credits (Canuck Bucks, Service Charge Credits & Shipping Buffer Credits). If you have leftover funds from past transactions you can transfer between them and request refunds for extra shipping credits available. The forms on the site don't actually work yet (purchase/exchange buttons) but you can see where we're going with this. If you're logged in it should work, though it's very likely that not all of your credits will show up.

#10528 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

** Up to 3 Extra GB of Space for DropBox **

I know a couple of you said you'd like to join DropBox but wanted more space. Here's your chance to get an additional 3GB of space by using their Photo Upload promotion. If you're new to the site, please use my referral link to score a bonus on top of the aforementioned photo one. Existing users can follow the second link.

My Referral Link for Dropbox: http://db.tt/bGOnc9Jn
Bonus Instructions for up to 3GB+ Space: https://www.dropbox.com/help/287

This is a limited offer, don't miss out ^_^

#10529 JamesX

JamesX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

Hey Goomba, can you LMK when you are shipping my 2 remaining items
I did not see anything listed on GYROS

Thanks in advance,
JamesX

#10530 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hi James, I expect to be shipping them today. Due to my work changing my schedule this week I had to shift days a bit. I'll shoot you an Email later :) Thanks.