Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10920 replies to this topic

#10531 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

Goomba just wondering did the item I sent from before arrive there already ? just waiting on that and expect a bunch more stuff to come your way then I start filling out PF form :)

#10532 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Chronorayven, I can't comment on items that I haven't received a PF form for yet because we have many unclaimed items. This is why we ask you to please fill out the form BEFORE ordering so we don't end up with excess items beforehand. Once you fill out the form, I will enter the items into GYROS and keep you posted. Thanks :).

#10533 fuzzbunker

fuzzbunker

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

is package forwarding only open to premium members? would like to get some everlane tees in for summer.

#10534 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hi fuzzbunker, yes at this time package forwarding is only available to premium members. This is not to say we don't appreciate the services of standard/free members, but it makes the package forwarding incredibly fast turn around speed with limited orders to process and makes direct request much faster as well. So it's a win/win. Besides, if you order more than 5 items a month, premium will be cheaper for you anyhow. We will consider to open it up to everyone again during certain times of the year, but for the most part PF = premium service.

PS: This started initially because a lot of new members ordered with their names on the packages and our UPS store told us we were in jeopardy of losing our account with them. By offering the service to everyone, it runs a great risk to us. Having premium members ensures that only people with a vested interest in our services will order. Hope that makes sense and seems fair :) Thanks!

#10535 fuzzbunker

fuzzbunker

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

signed up for premium! now I just wait until the account is activated to buy my things.

so goomba, you mentioned that your address has changed, I'm guessing once my account is activated the new info will be on the package forward link ?

#10536 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hi Fuzzbunker, I'll go ahead and activate you :) Our shipping address is the same for PF orders, but our office itself has a new address (you won't need this address). Thanks!

#10537 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

Fuzzbunker, it took me a little time to find you in our system (your username on CAG and GFC was different) but I finally tracked you down. You should now be able to access the Package Forwarding section. Thanks again buddy!

#10538 fuzzbunker

fuzzbunker

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

thanks goomba. I just got my first package sent to you. I was planning on sending you two packages but I ran into trouble with my everlane order. Its seems as everlane is US only right now, during checkout they will only take credit cards with US zip codes, of course mine has a canadian postal code so I can get no further than the billing info at checkout. I've emailed them to see if they can help me with this, so I am still hoping to send you two packages.

#10539 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

OK, well if you have any problem with that just use the Direct Request (DR) form to have us order the items for you :) That's what DR is all about. Thanks!

#10540 fuzzbunker

fuzzbunker

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

Yeah but Everlane is invite only, and I would guess that you dont have an account. They responded saying that they cannot help me around this as they're currently looking in to alternate paying methods. damn. guess it's just one package headed to you for now.

#10541 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hey there guys. Would any of you be interested in helping one of my Australian customers order an item that is from a store that only ships to Canada? If so, I'd pass all of the service charges and such onto you. Let me know if you're interested. I told him I'd ask :) Thanks!

#10542 Porumy

Porumy

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hey Goomba, how much would it cost if I used your services to ship this mouse to Canada:
http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

What about this motherboard?:
http://www.newegg.co...ID=3938566&SID=

Thanks.

#10543 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

If you're not horribly opposed to rebates, you can get that motherboard (with rebate) and the mouse for fairly comparable prices at NCIX with $10 express shipping:

http://ncix.com/prod...02&promoid=1068

http://ncix.com/prod...88&promoid=1068

The rebate offer ends today though, apparently. Also, the mouse doesn't appear to be the "Black" edition if that's important.

Hey Goomba, how much would it cost if I used your services to ship this mouse to Canada:
http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

What about this motherboard?:
http://www.newegg.co...ID=3938566&SID=

Thanks.

Posted Image

#10544 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we're moving forward with the PF for Premium Members only stance as of today. So if you managed to get an order in before we closed this loophole, then you're lucky :) The only way I can continue to do PF at a reasonable rate/speed is to have it open to Premium Members. If I don't generate enough income (something premium pretty much solidifies) then I run the risk of having my business shut down, and I'd really like to avoid that =). Again, if you order 5 items or more a month than Premium pays for itself (and saves you money). If not, then consider DR services or pre-buying credits to save. Thanks guys for understanding and for your support ^_^.

#10545 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

** GYROS UPDATES COMING FRIDAY **

Just wanted to say also that the latest 16 orders do not yet show up on GYROS. I finally have a three-day weekend (first in about 6 years I think) so I'm going to make good use of that time to get the page updated as well as many orders out. Thanks again and talk to you all soon! All current DR orders have been ordered with the exception of one "Target" one which I'll be placing tomorrow. Thanks!

#10546 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Okay just became a GFC Premium member just waiting to be added so I can start :)

#10547 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Chronorayven, upgrade complete! Thanks again for your support ^_^.

#10548 fuzzbunker

fuzzbunker

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Just sent two more packages your way goomba. One is pretty large. I guess you will ship both of them to me as one package? Any update on my first one? I checked UPS tracker and it says that it was delivered to your place. GYROS isn't showing it, but I'm just assuming you've not updated it yet

edit: also, how do premium members check to see if their shipping buffer was not used, and how do they refund it?

#10549 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hi goomba,

I'm trying to request my shipping buffer refund but I don't remember my password to login and there doesn't seem to be a "forgot password" link. How should I proceed? Thanks.
Posted Image

#10550 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Derfel, we are working on a Forgot My Password retrieval tool. I'll go ahead and PM you.

#10551 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

fuzzbunker, the shipping buffer code is almost done now. I have it programmed in now that you can see your credits (they won't be released into our site though until your items ship). I just received a bunch of packages the other day and will be doing another pickup on Thursday of this week. Once we ship out all of your orders we'll send whatever funds left over into your online account. Then you can request the refund on the site :) We're almost there. Just making sure the code is rock solid as we don't want to launch and have the site erase credits or give people extra credits. Thanks!

#10552 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

** GFC Premium Update **

I will be implementing the next step in the GFC Premium Code during the next week. The first major edition is to see your account status, join date and expiration date on the site directly. Once your expiration date comes and goes you will lose the premium features, but a link on the site will be there for when you're ready to rejoin. We'll be implementing a built-in-site-signup starting in July (or possibly sooner) so you won't need to access the traditional GFC Store and the status update to your account will be instant. This is a bit more code-heavy though which is why we're still going the manual route during our BETA period.

Once we have the in-site-store working, you'll also be able to use your existing GFC Credits to buy Premium account upgrades and such. Little by little we're getting there :) Thanks guys and as always if you have suggestions or comments let me know!

#10553 Vhalyar

Vhalyar

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hi Goomba! Could you tell me if everything is a-ok with my order (DR 2055067993)? I think I kind of slipped in before the whole DR/premium business, but having a confirmation that all is well would be nice :)

#10554 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Heya,

Just checking to see if you have everything ready to send out to me, or if you've already gone ahead and shipped everything to me since you received the Ghibli Blu's a few weeks ago.

Thanks =)

#10555 dandevilfish

dandevilfish

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

Hoping this message will reach you somehow.

I placed an order on may 16 (order #1506428525).

I paid in full the same day.

The item was shipped to you and you received it on May 23.

I sent you at least 3 emails. No response.

My order is nowhere to be found in the GYROS updates either.

I am beginning to think all your good reviews online are bogus.

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING ASAP.

#10556 fuzzbunker

fuzzbunker

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

hey goomba, I sent you some pm's a couple days ago that I really hope you can respond to.

Also my tracking code for my first package says it was recieved 7 days ago, just wondering when you will be doing your next shipments?

thanks bud.

#10557 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hoping this message will reach you somehow.

I placed an order on may 16 (order #1506428525).

I paid in full the same day.

The item was shipped to you and you received it on May 23.

I sent you at least 3 emails. No response.

My order is nowhere to be found in the GYROS updates either.

I am beginning to think all your good reviews online are bogus.

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING ASAP.

I can assure you the good reviews for Goomba are not bogus, but his service isn't for people who are in a rush to get items. He works a full time job and has a family and processes orders as fast as he can.

He does have a rush service you could have paid extra for, and therefore you would probably have your item sooner, if not even already have it.

#10558 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hey goomba, still looking for that password PM. Thanks!
Posted Image

#10559 dandevilfish

dandevilfish

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

I can assure you the good reviews for Goomba are not bogus, but his service isn't for people who are in a rush to get items. He works a full time job and has a family and processes orders as fast as he can.

He does have a rush service you could have paid extra for, and therefore you would probably have your item sooner, if not even already have it.

That's nice of you to say.
But if he doesn't have 2 minutes to respond to an email or PM then maybe he should rethink his business plan.
I'm not worried about getting my item "rush", I'm worried about getting it at all.
Sorry, but I'm not impressed.

#10560 fuzzbunker

fuzzbunker

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

That's nice of you to say.
But if he doesn't have 2 minutes to respond to an email or PM then maybe he should rethink his business plan.
I'm not worried about getting my item "rush", I'm worried about getting it at all.
Sorry, but I'm not impressed.

dandevilfish, I remember I was in a similair situation to you when I first used GFC, if you noticed he has one negative review from me. Afer a month and a half i pm'd him and apparently my order had gotten mixed up in the ups office. once he figured it out he refunded my payment and shipped me my items. Now I've come back, bought a premium membership and put in 3 more orders. It might take time as others have mentioned, but this guy is legit and dont worry, you'll get your items.