Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10905 replies to this topic

#10711 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

** GFC Holiday Update 2012 **

Just wanted to thank all of you who put orders with us over e Black Friday / Cyber Monday weekend. We're up to our ears in packages again (as we are every year) but we've gone ahead and re-opened Direct Requests to everyone. Just letting you know though that we're slightly behind schedule so expect up to 7 days longer to process. Also Canada in particular is known to have customs delays around the holidays so if you want anything for Christmas you'll really want to order before the end of next week. Thanks again and best of luck finding great deals!

#10712 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hey guys, how's everyone? I'm going to be staying up late tonight and most of tomorrow processing all of the new packages in (about 70% of all orders have been delivered to us) and that'll catch us up mostly. Please note that you have only 3 weeks left until our Christmas sale on GFC Premium Membership ends (get $20 off the normal $100 yearly price at only $80...a savings of $40 over the month-to-month membership costs). Also, if you want something in time for Christmas put your order in NOW. We cannot guarantee it'll get there in time, but the sooner you place it with us the better your chances. We can also ship via UPS Standard or USPS Express Mail for faster shipping/processing. Best of luck, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all :). 2013 will bring a lot of exciting new things to the site ^_^.

#10713 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

random q you near any ebgames that has this in stock?

http://www.ebgames.c...-summoner/60752

#10714 Myv

Myv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

What's the likelihood of being tax'd at door for something around $280?

Actually I should have wrote what the amount I should be expecting at door :lol:

Edited by Myv, 08 December 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#10715 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Myv, there's a good chance you'd have to pay at least some taxes on it, though I believe it depends also on what kind of item you order. Shipping with USPS is your best guarantee, but again there's no guarantee as customs seem somewhat random at times. Thanks!

#10716 Capsuledragon

Capsuledragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Are those guys from that Nintendo website giving you trouble Goomba??

Edited by Capsuledragon, 09 December 2012 - 05:05 AM.

#10717 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Capsuledragon, here's the thing: They offered me a partial refund for the items that were not in stock which is good. The problem is that the item they claim is in stock they still haven't shipped to me. So I'm giving them another week and if it's not here by then I'm going to put in a Paypal claim or shoot them another customer service Email. We'll work it out for you, sorry they're being so unprofessional. At least the partial refund is a start though! We'll keep you posted.

#10718 Jean Luc Picard

Jean Luc Picard

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hey man!
Sent you an Email regarding the Shipment buffer of a past order.
Can you please look into it as soon as possible?

#10719 Myv

Myv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Myv, there's a good chance you'd have to pay at least some taxes on it, though I believe it depends also on what kind of item you order. Shipping with USPS is your best guarantee, but again there's no guarantee as customs seem somewhat random at times. Thanks!

Ah okay thanks! I just remember I still have $40 with you, and I haven't been gaming lately at all so not really sure what to buy haha.

#10720 Capsuledragon

Capsuledragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Bought a poster today. If the N64 stuff is sorted out before the poster arrives, go ahead and ship the N64 stuff first.

#10721 blackric

blackric

Domo Arigato Mr.Roboto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Hi Goomba, the sunglasses came today thanks. Sending you a PM.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/393/BulletSmoke.pn

Posted Image
Join Goozex.com and never pay full price for games again!

#10722 Jean Luc Picard

Jean Luc Picard

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hey man!
Sent you an Email regarding the Shipment buffer of a past order.
Can you please look into it as soon as possible?

Still waiting for a reply mate....

#10723 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

Jean Luc Picard, I just double checked and I'm not seeing your Email. What was your order number, do you know off hand? Please make sure you email jjparks AT improcomics.org as that's my main one I use for personal Emails. Thanks!

#10724 Jean Luc Picard

Jean Luc Picard

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Jean Luc Picard, I just double checked and I'm not seeing your Email. What was your order number, do you know off hand? Please make sure you email jjparks AT improcomics.org as that's my main one I use for personal Emails. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply!
I've sent you another email to the said address, and PM'd you the order number.

#10725 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Jean Luc Picard, I'm showing that I refunded the shipping buffer on 12/09/2012 back to your Paypal account on the original transaction. Can you double check on your side to make sure that went through? Maybe you just overlooked it? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

#10726 Jean Luc Picard

Jean Luc Picard

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Jean Luc Picard, I'm showing that I refunded the shipping buffer on 12/09/2012 back to your Paypal account on the original transaction. Can you double check on your side to make sure that went through? Maybe you just overlooked it? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

My bad man!
I Just checked my paypal again, and it turns out you refunded me on the 12/10/12
My mistake was checking the "received" tab, instead of the "all activity" tab.
I am terribly sorry, and I hope it wasn't a big imposition!

#10727 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Jean Luc Picard, no problem =) I should have shot an Email telling you that it was sent. Sorry for the confusion ^_^ I thought Paypal would have notified you to your Email inbox, but I guess not. Have a good one and hope to do business with you again!

#10728 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

** HAPPY ALMOST NEW YEAR FROM GFC **

I just wanted to thank all of you for making 2012 a great year for us and hope you all had a great Christmas/Holiday Season. New Years is just around the corner and we'll be working extra hard to get all existing orders mailed out by then (working all day today and tomorrow). The post office has strange hours these two weeks due to the holidays, but we'll work around them as best as possible.

Next year we'll be implementing some new additions to the site, but we won't be announcing exactly what until it's closer as things may change in terms of coding and such. We'll definitely be working on lots of new updates though so keep an eye on the site! Thanks again to everyone and we'll do our best to keep GYROS as up to date as possible as well. Talk to you all soon and Happy Holidays!

#10729 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

** HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM GFC **

I just wanted to thank you all again for everything. We are planning a few new things in 2013, such as the following:

* Monthly Lowball Sales: In order to sell a lot of extra merchandise as quickly as possible, we want to have monthly lowball sales on CAG. Most items are video game related, but we also have some movies, toys, etc. We have a lowball service on the site, but the CAG sales have always been most popular so we'll probably stick with them.

* Dedicated Mailing Addresses: This MAY take a full year to implement (which means it'd be in 2014) but I'm looking into new Package Forwarding options that would allow you to ship to a custom box rather than just shipping to our existing one. More on this eventually.

* Cleaner and More Streamlined Site: We'll be doing away with a lot of the glitchy output of the GFC forms and will try to streamline pages so that it all flows better.

* In order to make a lot of changes to the site, we'll be boosting our support for GFC Premium Members. The flipside of this is that every other month we will close the site to free users. During this time we'll work on our lowballs, list items on eBay and work on site code. You can of course join GFC Premium for a monthly/yearly membership at any time to avoid blackout months, or you can simply wait until the next free period opens. This will go live in February, so you have plenty of time to plan for it :)

* Expanding GFC Rewards and Referral programs as well. More on this mid-year more than likely.

Thanks again guys and lots more updates to come. Keep you posted!

#10730 Moses88

Moses88

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Hey Goomba, I think I overpopulated your inbox while testing out the Direct Request form. Just ignore them for now, I'll try to get back to you later :D

Sorry about that.

#10731 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

No problem Moses88, thanks for the heads up ^_^.

#10732 Capsuledragon

Capsuledragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hey Goomba, have you been preparing for the USPS price increase for when shipping to Canada? Some prices are doubling.

Also, can ya send me an update? Also did my premium run out already?

Edited by Capsuledragon, 09 January 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#10733 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Oh no, that sucks. I hadn't heard that they were going up that much. I'll have to change the site calculations accordingly. I'll definitely look into that though! Yes, your premium membership is expired now. I'll have an update for you soon though as I think all of the items are in and will be shipping out by Wednesday (minus the ones previously mentioned as missing). Talk to you soon!

#10734 Capsuledragon

Capsuledragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Oh no, that sucks. I hadn't heard that they were going up that much. I'll have to change the site calculations accordingly. I'll definitely look into that though! Yes, your premium membership is expired now. I'll have an update for you soon though as I think all of the items are in and will be shipping out by Wednesday (minus the ones previously mentioned as missing). Talk to you soon!

That's great to hear about the shipped items.

As for Premium Membership, I dug through my inbox and it says in my email that I have premium from 12/23/2012 - 01/23/2012.

#10735 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Capsuledragon, you're right. Sorry. Your membership is good until 01/23/2013 ^_^ You're good to go.

#10736 miggsthejust

miggsthejust

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hi Goomba, I PM'd you about an old order I'd made. Order #989843744

Miggs

#10737 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

** SHIPPING PRICE INCREASE & TSD IN FEBRUARY **

Just wanted to remind you all that apparently the USPS will be increasing shipping prices on all package types in a little under 2 weeks from now (01/27/2013). We will adjust our website to reflect these changes, so you may want to put in any DR's you're thinking about now (for the chance they'll get here and ship before the increase). We don't know the exact prices yet but we'll update them on the site as soon as we do.

Starting in February, GFC will go into partial Total Shut Down (TSD) mode for all non-premium members. What this means is that you will not be able to place Direct Request orders if you're a free member until the month is over. We will be focusing on doing some major coding updates on the site (greatly needed) and a large amount of orders will hinder progress, so we're going to limit orders only to premium members for the time being. That being said, all premium members will see the site unchanged and can place DR/PF orders whenever they like. Free members will be able to sign up for GFC Premium during TSD to regain ordering abilities.

We'll talk more about additions and upgrades to the site during the month of February as we code them in. Thanks again and looking forward to improving the site =). Cya all soon!

#10738 ShinnFlowen

ShinnFlowen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

Hey goomba I made a Direct Request and I was hoping I would get a response to confirm my request is reasonable as I have never done anything of this kind of activity. A private message to the same username/email would be appreciated.

Edited by ShinnFlowen, 26 January 2013 - 05:42 AM.
spelling errors

Posted Image

#10739 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

** Ni No Kuni: Wizard Edition (GFC Update) **

Posted Image

OK, So I have good news and bad news. The good news first: Those of you who placed Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition orders that wanted to cancel....well you're in luck. The bad news is of course that Namco/Bandai, or more specifically their distributors: Digital River, really screwed up the orders. Even though we placed as early as August 1st (5 months ago) many orders were cancelled by Namco on launch day. I was on the phone for almost two hours with them trying to re-instate my orders but as I placed multiple copies in orders they told me I could only get one per order. What this means is that I'm likely only getting two copies, possibly 3 where we had 6 ordered in total. That sucks...big time.

For those of you who ordered and want to receive the game, I'll be doing a first-ordered first-shipped method, meaning if I get three copies then I'll send to the first three ordered and the rest will get refunds. If I only get two, then only the first two get the games and the rest get refunds. I'll keep you posted as the first ones are supposed to have shipped already, so any day now I should hear from them. I still am waiting to hear from them as they told me afterwards they'd fill my full orders, but now there are eBay sellers selling 200+ copies of the game, meaning that obviously they screwed up somewhere.

It's very stressful and time consuming but I want to see that you all get your games (or at least as many as possible). I wish I had more control over their shipping, but alas I'm just a Goomba :(.

#10740 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

** USPS Shipping Rates Going Up (A LOT) Today... **

In case you didn't know, the USPS is increasing the prices on all of their International shipping as of Today. In some cases, the prices are a LOT higher (almost double!!!) but in others it's not so bad. Still, just note that the prices of the shipping will be higher from now on so you're better off bundling multiple items into single orders when you can. I'll be posting the new GFC shipping charges in the next day or so here. I'll leave the site open but it'll more than likely show the old prices until Tuesday (I have to code in a bunch of countries...), but the shipping buffer will take care of the majority of the increases.

We'll keep you posted!