Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10900 replies to this topic

#10771 RoganSarine

RoganSarine

Goomba's Elf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

Hey Goomba,

The "Credit Card" pay now still has an "submission error". Heads up.

Posted Image
No credit card required. Since June 2009 I have gotten $430 in amazon gift cards. Just use it instead of google (because it's the same search engine), and get giftcards for amazon.

Want to discover new music? Check out my site filled with live videos of unsigned artists: http://www.overmined.com Podcast: Coming soon
http://www.youtube.c...ser/RoganSarine

#10772 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

RoganSarine, hmmm really? I just put in a test order of my own and was able to make it all of the way to the Paypal login screen. Did you get the error message after hitting the credit card pay button? Or afterward? Please let me know. Thanks!

#10773 Myv

Myv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

I haven't been around lately, the prices went up right? I believe I still have $40 with you on account, anything I should know from the change?

Nintendo FC: 3497-0277-4275

#10774 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hi Myv, prices went up slightly a while back but not much. If you are a GFC Premium member, you can actually end up paying less per month if you order more than 5 items, so it all depends. The only thing that truly went up is the USPS prices. First Class packages cost quite a bit more, though Priority Mail didn't increase quite that much. All the new shipping prices are listed here in the first post of this endlessly long thread =). If you have any questions let me know. I will check on your credit for you in a few days as my MacBook Air with all my records is at the Apple Store for the next couple of days.

At the moment we're switching to a new system on the site where you'll be able to see all of your credits in real time as well as a brand new Rewards Store as well. That all launches in early July next month ^_^. Thanks again and glad to see you again.

#10775 Capsuledragon

Capsuledragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Goomba, I just made an order for some N64 games on Amazon. I got an e-mail from your website saying my order went through, but I don't think any money was subtracted from my Paypal.

Also, i think this order went through with my old address. I swear I changed it. You have my new address from that e-mail.

Edit: nvm payment went through.

#10776 Myv

Myv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

Ohhh, okay, yea I remember reading a month or two ago you mentioned USPS prices went up! Just checked it went up almost double that's crazy haha.

Nintendo FC: 3497-0277-4275

#10777 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Capsuledragon, I went ahead and ordered those for you though you did make one mistake as far as I can see. Please include shipping cost to the USA along with the item, so if ordering on Amazon for example from a third party seller, add in the shipping to me and the item price on the form next time :) Thanks. I'll invoice you for the difference once I've received and repackaged them. Thanks!

#10778 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

Goomba, are you still forwarding packages? I can't find the link on your website.

Posted Image

#10779 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

Jotamide, you have to be a GFC Premium member to use the PF Services. You can sign up in our store :) Directions are online. It cost either $10 a month or $100 a year, but you get Package Forwarding and $1.00 service charges per item (instead of the usual $2.00). If you need additional info let me know. Thanks for your interest!

#10780 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

Jotamide, you have to be a GFC Premium member to use the PF Services. You can sign up in our store :) Directions are online. It cost either $10 a month or $100 a year, but you get Package Forwarding and $1.00 service charges per item (instead of the usual $2.00). If you need additional info let me know. Thanks for your interest!

Went ahead and got the premium membership for 1 month cause there's already a PS3 game coming your way haha.

Posted Image

#10781 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hey Goomba, so there's the premium membership plus the shipping buffer? Can I get the beffer refunded after I put a request with you and get the item?

Posted Image

#10782 Capsuledragon

Capsuledragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

Capsuledragon, I went ahead and ordered those for you though you did make one mistake as far as I can see. Please include shipping cost to the USA along with the item, so if ordering on Amazon for example from a third party seller, add in the shipping to me and the item price on the form next time :) Thanks. I'll invoice you for the difference once I've received and repackaged them. Thanks!

Oh crap sorry about that. Hopefully there's enough from my other orders shipping buffer to cover that, otherwise I can throw in a few more dollars.

#10783 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

Jotamide, the way it works with the shipping buffer is this: Once your item ships out to you, we'll calculate your leftover credits (if we have to use your shipping buffer in full and need additional funds, we'll contact you before shipping). These credits will be deposited into your account and can be used towards your next purchase as a 1:1 credit. As long as you have enough credit in your account, there will be no shipping buffer required. This is a new feature launching in July though so it's not live yet. Also, if you have existing credits from past shipping buffer, you can request a Paypal refund and you'll receive the money in approximately 7 business days. More on this soon as it's part of next month's update :) Thanks.

Capsuledragon, I'll let you know once I've received all of your items and we can go from there. Thanks!

#10784 J-P

J-P

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Hey Goomba, I'm trying to buy a 1 year premium membership t am having problems. I log into GFC but the GFC store is asking me to log in again. However it says my email address is not recognized. I tried registering for the GFC store but it said it is in tota shut down mode and will not resume operations until 6/8/2010.

#10785 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hi there J-P, sorry to hear you're having difficulties! The GFC store is migrating to the main site now (so that you will no longer need dual accounts) and so there are some interesting errors at the moment (I hope to have the updates finished by the end of first week of July 2013). I'm going to go ahead and fix that and I'll let you know when it's fixed. Sorry for the wait, it should be fixed shortly ^_^.

#10786 Capsuledragon

Capsuledragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Well Goomba I have a problem here. On the packaging forwarding page here: http://gamesforcanad...ect-request.php It always has my default address filled in. When I put in my recent orders I always changed the shipping information to make it correct, but when I go onto the next page only the postal code changes, but the rest of the outdated information stays the same. I just tested again just now and it definitely is like that.

I just got a shipping confirmation e-mail saying my N64 package has shipped to my old address. Please tell me the e-mail is a mistake and it went to my current address? You've shipped to my current address before with the starsoldier/hyperbike games as well as I left a note in Paypal about my current address. Please  tell me it went to my current address.

Also, did my 5 N64 manuals from Bresoftware ship with them?

#10787 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

J-P, you can access our signup page directly by going here:  http://www.gamesforc...main_page=login

Hopefully that will work for you. 

Capsuledragon, send me an Email to jjparks@improcomics.org with your correct shipping information and I'll fix it in our system. We're working on a way that you can change your address permanently in our system at any time, but it's not quite ready yet so I'll do it for you manually in the meantime. I'll cancel that package we shipped with your N64 items and will get it sent to the proper address. Hope to hear from you soon. Also, I didn't receive the BRE Manuals yet. Do you want me to ship them all together?

J-P, the main "Sign Up" Beaver link on the GFC Store is now fixed. It was pointing to the incorrect directory and I made the proper changes, so you should be able to sign up/register, sign in and order no problem now. Let me know if you run into any issues though!

Sincerely,

JJ Parks ^_^

#10788 Capsuledragon

Capsuledragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Capsuledragon, send me an Email to jjparks@improcomics.org with your correct shipping information and I'll fix it in our system. We're working on a way that you can change your address permanently in our system at any time, but it's not quite ready yet so I'll do it for you manually in the meantime. I'll cancel that package we shipped with your N64 items and will get it sent to the proper address. Hope to hear from you soon. Also, I didn't receive the BRE Manuals yet. Do you want me to ship them all together?

Email sent. Glad it didn't ship out.

#10789 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Capsuledragon, thanks man. I'll go ahead and send out your items once the BRE booklets get in. I've already gone ahead and updated your address in our system. Talk to you soon!

#10790 J-P

J-P

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

J-P, you can access our signup page directly by going here:  http://www.gamesforc...main_page=login

Hopefully that will work for you. 

J-P, the main "Sign Up" Beaver link on the GFC Store is now fixed. It was pointing to the incorrect directory and I made the proper changes, so you should be able to sign up/register, sign in and order no problem now. Let me know if you run into any issues though!

Sincerely,

JJ Parks ^_^

I ended up using the "beaver sign up" link to register an account with the store and I bought a one year premium membership. Do I need to do anything special to sync it up with my CFG account or do I need to put a note in when I place an order?

How do I change the shipping address? I put in a direct request order and changed the shipping address there but it's still showing up at previous address (the business is no longer there).

#10791 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

J-P, thanks =) You are all good to go now! Once you log into our main GFC site http://www.gamesforcanada.com you should see the "Package Forwarding" link on the left bar of icons now. That'll allow you to use the PF system as well as receive the discount on orders' service charges as well. Starting next month you'll also see the Rewards section as well as up-to-date stats on your credits with us. Thanks again for everything. I'll go ahead and send you an Email with confirmation as well.

#10792 J-P

J-P

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

#10793 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Does CAG Support Japanese characters?

私はジェッミズです。

#10794 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

** GFC Rewards Update **

I'm about 95% done now with the new Rewards program site and I'm really excited that I'll be able to share it soon. Starting the first week of July I'll have the program launching in BETA. There will be rewards of all different levels and our goal is to add items in every week (sometimes every day) as we have tons of things to offer. If you have existing Canuck Bucks, you'll be able to use them right away and some items are available for free as well. The only requirement will be that you have an existing DR/PF order with us before we can ship them to you, to save on shipping costs. More on this soon. In the meantime we're going to finish coding it this week and start adding items to the rewards catalog as they have to be entered one by one =). Cya guys soon!

#10795 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

My first test of my new Canuck Bucks purchasing system is complete and I'll be rolling updates at the end of next week =). Essentially, it'll give you the option to prepay your Canuck Bucks which can be used for all of our services on our site (including the beefed up new Rewards Store) and it'll simplify the checkout process for DR/PF a lot as well. I'll submit a BETA link for you guys here in this forum next week for you to test it out yourself ^_^.

#10796 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

** Canuck Bucks Purchase Update **

I just wanted to let you all know the good news =) A piece of coding that I've been working on for nearly four years (no joke) was finally completed today! This is by far the biggest update to the site since we launched over 5 years ago, and the first step in truly automating our invoicing as well as our new rewards program. I'll be outlining all of the new updates in great detail on the site as well as here next week, but I thought I'd let you know that all is well.

The basic premise of this update is that we'll be working towards a single currency on the site. For those of you who have been around long enough, you may remember a thing we had called "Canuck Bucks" (CB's) that we used for package forwarding services. Well CB's will, starting in early July, become the sole currency of our site that will be used for all of our services. You will be able to buy them ahead of time in a pre-determined amount as well as be able to top-off your account when necessary for orders. Having this freedom to spend them how you like on the site will simplify everything so that you no longer have to calculate Service Charge Credits (SCC's), Reward Dollars, etc. Everything will be CB's....period. If you have existing SCC's with us, we'll be converting them over to the new system which will take a little bit of time, but in the meantime SCC's will work exactly as they have all along.

More on this exciting update next week =) Looking forward to updating things and getting you all up to speed ASAP ^_^. This will really innovate a lot for our site and will help us to create some really fun new additions as well.

#10797 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

** Change of Address Option on GFC **

After I launch the GFC Rewards page (later this week) and finish the Canuck Bucks purchasing system, the next update will be a change of address page/option that has been a long-time coming. Before you place an order, it will show your address and give you the option to change it in our system. This is really important and I've heard your requests =) Coming very soon! Thanks guys.

#10798 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

Goomba, I have a small request if you don't mind. Around a week ago I placed a PFWD order for Heavenly Sword that apparently hasn't arrived yet, and now I am looking to try to win an ebay auction for a 3DS game. Would you mind holding on to Heavenly Sword for a little bit longer? Cause in the case I win the autction I would like to send both items at the same time if you catch my drift.

Posted Image

#10799 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

Jotamide, no problem. As per our opening rules in this thread, we offer 30 days of free hold time on all PF orders (and DR orders as well), so no worry there. We are doing our next PF pickup on Friday, so it should be there by then I'd imagine, but we can hold onto it until you're ready for us to ship your items together. Thanks! If you have any other questions let me know :)

#10800 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Thank you. I'll give you an update once everything is good to go.
Posted Image