Photo
- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

• Please log in to reply
10906 replies to this topic

#151 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

Bryehn, You're welcome! I think it's a good idea for a business too and I want to make it work the best I can. If you have any suggestions or comments or questions please let me know ^_^ I'm all ears!

#152 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

Only one problem:
I need money :D
If I had money, I would have ordered Rondo of Swords and Persona 3:FES.

#153 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

Azumangaman, The good news is that I have 10 copies of Persona 3 FES and I can order Rondo of Swords any time for you =) Let me know if you are interested when you have some spending cash.

#154 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:28 PM

I'm going to order some copies of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin for the DS. If any of you guys have been waiting to order it now is a great time to get it ^_^

#155 hero101

hero101

FC3 US Navy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:26 PM

Goomba, is there a currency exchange rate fees on us paypal account for accepting Canadian $? If so, is there a particular rate? Thanks (sorry about jumping off topic but you have more experience in this area).

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScSXpY5F5ebi67djEcxLCh1LppgIsL6HFBGB39XzHLrv9fkTY&t=1&usg=__rTGLWWIDKzzePxIYpFQItriY4JM=Posted Image

#156 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

I'm going to order some copies of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin for the DS. If any of you guys have been waiting to order it now is a great time to get it ^_^

Post a canadian price
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#157 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

Post a canadian price

Wait until he puts a price on the site, everything is already default CAD
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#158 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

hero101, yes there is a 4.9% rate to change Canadian Dollars to US Dollars plus a full $0.30 CAD fee from Paypal. Don't worry though, if you buy from my website, all fees and such are added into the price of the games. I've also gone ahead and fixed the shipping rates so now they are exactly accurate and very specific (go up per ounce). All game weights are the actual game weights too so you'll find the shipping is much better now at calculating actual costs =)

Thanks again guys!

#159 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

Maigoyume has it right. All prices on the site are up to date and now are in CAD as the standard. So you shouldn't have any problem calculating the final price with shipping now (very easy to do as it's all automated). Right now I'm working on the main page to make it easier to see how you can sign up, and then I'm going to do a page with shipping prices so you can see ahead of time if you want. I want to make my operations as transparent as possible :)

Thanks again guys!

#160 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:01 PM

I have added a "Sign Up" Beaver that is clickable on the main page that should make it much easier for people to find where they should be going to sign up, as the "Log in" thing was pretty tricky and confusing for people. I'll work on making it easier and easier as I go along. Your suggestions have all proven very, very useful. Thanks so much everyone!

#161 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:33 PM

Updates: I've added the Shipping Table so you can see from anywhere from 1 ounce all the way up to 4 pounds of gaming goodness. I've spelled out all the prices and fees in total.

I'm going to work on the return policy pages and all that good stuff, but that'll take me a bit longer ^_^ Bear with me. It's all coming together!

#162 ShocWave

ShocWave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:47 PM

You know what would be cool?
If you could add Xbox live membership cards.

They retail for $59.99 here in canada, and are only $39.99 in some stores in the USA. Infact, I need one for tonight since mine just expired :(

#163 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:03 PM

I'd buy an Live card from you if you could get them for a good price. Not right away though this has been an expensive month. The best part would be no actual shipping required. You can't do points cards for us though the Canadian consoles can't use them. :(
By the way the site's looking/working fine on Safari web browser.

#164 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:24 PM

I definitely could get you an xbox live card. If I was home right now I would give you a 48 hour code but I won't be home until past midnight tonight. Maybe I an send you one tomorrow. Any idea where to find an xbox live card for 40? Fill me in. Help me help you.

#165 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:47 PM

Besides, I was told that under $50 you didn't need to pay customs on things anyway. Is that not true? Fill me in!

-That is NOT true I ordered the Xenosaga 2 special edition guide from EB USA. 20$ customs when the guide was only like 10$

#166 ShocWave

ShocWave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:06 AM

Buy.com has them for $44.
Costco.com has them for $40

I have a Costco membership which works across north america, but sadly the .com site doesn't ship to Canada. I'd be nice if someone can confirm weather they stock the cards in-store as well.

I've got a 48 code from a game I bought last week, but 48 hours wll be gone in a flash, lol

Some items, such as video Games, movies, and some accessories, are covered in the free trade agreement.
There is no duty on these items. If any item exceeds $50 in value, you will be charged GST and or PST/HST.

Some retarded shipping companies like UPS and FedEX will charge you regardless. Watch out!

#167 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:18 AM

Besides, I was told that under $50 you didn't need to pay customs on things anyway. Is that not true? Fill me in!

-That is NOT true I ordered the Xenosaga 2 special edition guide from EB USA. 20$ customs when the guide was only like 10$

That was probably UPS. I believe it's up to $50 only if it's a gift. Otherwise $20? That's USPS though, UPS is horrible.

#168 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:12 AM

Hey goomba, will you be around FYE or Suncoast in the next week or two? They're having a BOGO on Funimation titles and I want Fullmetal Alchemist Season 2 Part 1 and FullMetal Alchemist Season 2 Part 2. If they're $39.99 or less each (so $40 for two), I'd love to get them. What's the sales tax where you live?

#169 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:39 AM

I do have a Suncoast and FYE right near my house. I'll definitely pick up those titles for you. Tax in my state is 6% (Connecticut). ^_^

#170 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:32 AM

Oh man. You'd do anime too? You might be my best friend ever...

#171 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:29 AM

Azumangaman, I'll do anything. Games are just my speciality but I've spent probably $5000 on anime alone myself (not even mentioning manga/toys/etc.). Anything you want: Games, anime, DVDs, books, beach towels... you name it. If I can get it in America and don't have to jump through a thousand hoops to get it, it's yours ^_^

#172 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:24 AM

I apologize guys that my first newsletter went out without any images / graphics / colored text / etc. I didn't realize that you had to check off an option in the administrative back-end that sends the HTML emails. It was listed as on, but when I went to check the actual settings I found that a manual override was enabled. My bad.

Those who DID receive the newsletter though, feel free to use the coupon at the bottom ^_^ *hint hint*.

#173 Usuyami

Usuyami

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

I've received packages marked as games with values ranging from $80-100 and haven't been charged duties. They have all been shipped via USPS so far though, so I'm sure I would've been raped by UPS.

#174 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

I have two Xbox Live 12 Month codes available. Let me know who wants them :)

#175 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

ShocWave bought my first Xbox Live card. One more available $43 USD. ^_^ Thanks guys! Keep in mind that yes they do have them for $40 online but most stores still charge me tax (6%) or shipping. In total they cost me about $42 so I make like a buck. I'm fine with that though. Thanks!

#176 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

Although I've gotten 100$ of dopllars of stuff from amazon.com and never got charged duty. So I'm not exactly sure what the specifics are.

#177 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

I spoke to a customs officer and a postal worker and both of them have told me that it depends on the mood of whomever gets your package, the example the postal worker used was

Lets say officer A just came back from a long vacation, his family is perfect, hes healthy, kids are great, he gets your package valued at $80 and just moves it along w/o taxing you

Officer B has had a horrible week, his hockey team lost, his wife left him, hes seriously in debt and he sees your package valued at $60 and since hes been having a crappy week decides to vent out some of his frustration on your package, fills out the necessary forms and BAM, you just got customed.

Anyways, its pretty much a crapshoot or a coin toss in terms of getting taxed
Just my .02 cents
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#178 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

Although I've gotten 100$ of dopllars of stuff from amazon.com and never got charged duty. So I'm not exactly sure what the specifics are.

Amazon.com ships their stuff to Canada from their Missassauga warehouse. It never passes the border.

#179 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

Oh. Thats strange.

Cool though.

I make the rare amazon purchase cause I got a US CC.

#180 lawlflip

lawlflip

Groping Inside My Skull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:15 PM

I think I might set up a paypal account to take advantage of this just because Goomba rules so hard.