Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne $44.99 at Play-Asia

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Whaaa? :whistle2:o

These are brand new copies?[/quote]
Yep. Someone posted a link where someone was selling them new on amazon and ebay for $70 but this is much better.

It's possible there could be a reprint since Persona 3 sold extremely well for what it was... enough for Atlus to bring over Persona 3: FES, as well.

This might be Atlus trying to strike while the iron is hot and everyone is already excited over one Persona, surprise, here is Nocturne, get more of your SMT fix. It makes sense, when you think about it.

I guess we will know if Amazon suddenly gets new copies in stock, since Atlus goes directly through them now.

It seems too much of a coincidence that Play-Asia gets new copies at the same time as some random Ebay seller does, and decides to sell them lower than everyone else.

Heres hoping DDS1 gets a reprint as well. I've been sittin gon my copy of DDS2 for awhile without the first one to play.

[quote name='Gosha']Heres hoping DDS1 gets a reprint as well. I've been sittin gon my copy of DDS2 for awhile without the first one to play.[/quote]
I second this. Great deal on Nocturne but I already own it.

I'd like to buy it, but I'll also be pissed if Amazon throws up a few thousand in a few days a lot cheaper than Play-Asia's price.

It's one of those things where I want to wait, because I don't really have $50, but hell, the game is like $150 for a new copy on Ebay... decisions, decisions.

I doubt it'll be up for very long at this rate.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'd like to buy it, but I'll also be pissed if Amazon throws up a few thousand in a few days a lot cheaper than Play-Asia's price.

It's one of those things where I want to wait, because I don't really have $50, but hell, the game is like $150 for a new copy on Ebay... decisions, decisions.

I doubt it'll be up for very long at this rate.[/QUOTE]

Well if there is a reprint it wont go for $150 on ebay. If there is a reprint and the price will keep dropping.

[quote name='Hostile']Can anyone explain why Nocturne is so great? I was reading the Wiki of the game and it didn't interest me that much.[/QUOTE]

i thought it was ok. not OMFG EVERYONE GOTS TO PLAY THIS!!!

[quote name='62t']Well if there is a reprint it wont go for $150 on ebay. If there is a reprint and the price will keep dropping.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I dont buy shit to resell anymore, it was more or less "hey if this isnt a reprint im not ever buying this for insane Ebay prices".

[quote name='ReaperZER0']Does this one have the soundtrack with it?[/QUOTE]

If it had one, P-A would say, so I assume it doesn't.

The only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger is that if this really is a reprint, and copies show up on Amazon, they will be cheaper than P-A, who usually overcharges for their US games.

I'm going to laugh at the guy who bought 8 of them on Ebay if it ends up being a reprint.

Almost seems like that Ebay seller sold them that cheap because he wanted to get rid of them because he knows something is coming.

[quote name='Shady3011']Shit. I'm in the same boat as you, Roufuss. I might use a P-A coupon if I find something else worth buying.[/QUOTE]

It sucks because I know if I pull the trigger, Amazon will have it for something insane like $30 by the time P-A ships my copy, and I'll get free 2 day shipping to boot... but if I don't pull the trigger, it will be gone foreveeeeeeeeeer.

Oh well, fuck it, too much other shit to play anyways, so if it shows up elsewhere in the US, I'll get it, if not, oh well. Because I'll just be shelving the game in what, a week when FES hits? Then Mario Kart, then GTA... nah, can't pull the trigger.

What is the chance that is it not a reprint? How likely is that PA just found some sealed copies? That ebayer was also the first person to sell sealed Gitaroo Man just before the reprint. The evidences point to a reprint so far. I guess in a few days you can get it for $30.

[quote name='62t']What is the chance that is it not a reprint? How likely is that PA just found some sealed copies? That ebayer was also the first person to sell sealed Gitaroo Man just before the reprint. The evidences point to a reprint so far. I guess in a few days you can get it for $30.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking too... and it's actually PERFECT timing, as Atlus just teamed up with Amazon, I really can't think of a better way to boost their sales then throw an OOP game on there that most people pay a good amount for, for just a used copy.

Or maybe Gamestop and the like didn't want to carry the reprint, Atlus didn't have the proper distribution channels through their own store, but Amazon can more than handle the burden of distributing it.

That Ebay seller probably knows this, $70 is the sweet spot where he probably made a good deal of cash, and would get everything sold right away.

[quote name='Roufuss']That's what I'm thinking too... and it's actually PERFECT timing, as Atlus just teamed up with Amazon, I really can't think of a better way to boost their sales then throw an OOP game on there that most people pay a good amount for, for just a used copy.

Or maybe Gamestop and the like didn't want to carry the reprint, Atlus didn't have the proper distribution channels through their own store, but Amazon can more than handle the burden of distributing it.

That Ebay seller probably knows this, $70 is the sweet spot where he probably made a good deal of cash, and would get everything sold right away.[/QUOTE]

The timing couldnt be better as Persona 3 Fes will be out next week.

[quote name='CaoPi']without the soundtrack on playasia?[/QUOTE]

only the first shipment has the soundtrack, so proably no soundtrack with this reprint.

[quote name='62t']The timing couldnt be better as Persona 3 Fes will be out next week.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I imagine the fact that SMT games are kind of hot right now would also make them want to reprint it too.

Reprint DDS also and that would be great.

being trying to find this game forever and really tempting to order, but at the same time if there is a reprint I'd definitely prefer to get it from Amazon

*is torn*

edit: there's a sealed copy on Amazon Marketplace for $69.95 which seems to be yet another hint of a reprint

[quote name='Hostile']Can anyone explain why Nocturne is so great? I was reading the Wiki of the game and it didn't interest me that much.[/QUOTE]

It's like Demonic Pokemon! How can that not be great? ::D

That being said, I already got my copy of Nocturne from a local second-hand game shop for $35 (though I had some gift certificates, so I only ended up paying $20 out of pocket :)). I will jump on the bandwagon for a reprint of DDS1. I've got DDS2, but I won't play it until I've got the first one.

well the only SMT games I'm missing are Devil Summoner and Nocturne so as a precaution I just placed an order from Play-Asia for Nocturne but will wait to pay for 2-3 days and see what happens with Amazon and the possible reprint

[quote name='buckythekat']well the only SMT games I'm missing are Devil Summoner and Nocturne so as a precaution I just placed an order from Play-Asia for Nocturne but will wait to pay for 2-3 days and see what happens with Amazon and the possible reprint[/QUOTE]

Through paypal you mean?

I checked the play-asia link, how do you tell if its out of stock? I see it says Usually ships within 5-15 days, but nothing about being out of stock. I've never used play-asis before, so somebody fill me in, please.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Tempting.[/quote]

i know what you mean, ive been looking for this game for a while now

but like everyone says, if amazon releases it for $30..

what to do what to do!?!?

When I first spotted them being sold on Amazon and eBay I knew there was something up. The eBayer who brought 8 copies may end up having to sell them for $39.99 each. :lol: I remember a while back Atlus said they wouldn't do any more reprints. It looks like they changed their mind.

If these are indeed reprints, I wonder which company requested them...

Sweet mother of... Wow, this is the only SMT I don't have so it is very tempting. But if there's a chance Amazon will have it that would be awesome as I have that $5 code from Atlus AND some Amazon credit to burn - would make it free, basically... Even if it showed up at $50 I'd snag it (better than cash at Play-Asia).

[quote name='io']Sweet mother of... Wow, this is the only SMT I don't have so it is very tempting. But if there's a chance Amazon will have it that would be awesome as I have that $5 code from Atlus AND some Amazon credit to burn - would make it free, basically... Even if it showed up at $50 I'd snag it (better than cash at Play-Asia).[/QUOTE]

i second that.

thanks op for bringing this to our attention.

[quote name='Roufuss']It sucks because I know if I pull the trigger, Amazon will have it for something insane like $30 by the time P-A ships my copy, and I'll get free 2 day shipping to boot... but if I don't pull the trigger, it will be gone foreveeeeeeeeeer.

Oh well, fuck it, too much other shit to play anyways, so if it shows up elsewhere in the US, I'll get it, if not, oh well. Because I'll just be shelving the game in what, a week when FES hits? Then Mario Kart, then GTA... nah, can't pull the trigger.[/quote]

I think this means you should take a bullet for the team. I almost bought a copy on ebay when they were in the 40-50 range a year or two ago but held off, and now I won't need to regret it anymore.

I don't remember how the disgaea reprint worked, but I assume it's a safe bet these will drop to the $30 range on ebay soon enough :)

bread's done
Back