CAGcast #115 Shovelware: A Wii Problem

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Thought I'd give this a shot. If you guys like it, I will do it every week.
[digg]http://digg.com/nintendo/CAGcast_Shovelware_A_Wii_Problem[/digg]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afb9mVZaDgM[/media]

it would be great if you did this by adding chapter pictures to the CAGcast; that way, if you're listening on an iPod, it would just show up while you listen

Maybe if it wasn't clips from the actual show that we have listened to already, might be of more interest. But as it is, it's pretty funny. I would check it out from time to time.

Brilliant; The way the clip slowly built up to Wombat's explosive conclusion was fantastic. Cheapy, this is singlehandedly, my favorite Youtube video of yours!

From the Mo 'Money Soundtrack, Fat Mariah behind a wheel, to the little monkey, great pics!

Ignore the forthcoming comment from N'Gai- "How come the only Black people in the video were stupid and a bitch?"

I serious could not stop laughing!
Even through a second time.

EDIT: With CheapyD's Permission, I have created a YTMND site with the images and audio from this video:

:whee: http://cagcast115.ytmnd.com/ :whee:

If any of you guys who are members could click through and vote five it would help promote the site.

Also, if you are not registered at YTMND you can join and vote the same day.

Please also post a quick comment inside the interface. (Click the YTMND banner in the upper left corner, then click site profile to access full voting and comments section).

Good stuff. I'm all for it.

Are you planning to do this to the ENTIRE show every week or just a 2 minute clip? Seems like a lot of work either way.

Pretty good, Cheapy. How long did it take you to find all the pictures you needed?

If you do this regularly, you should probably come up with poses for your avatars. Angry, shock, and other emotions, depending on what you're talking about, with smaller pictures popping up above your head. Perhaps both of your avatars on screen at once during a rapid-fire exchange.

LOL this is awesome haha was wondering why nobody did this sooner

Please Cheapy do this every week!

and if you can go back and do old episodes :]

Seriously, It was hillarious, you should make one of this every week, and btw i'm still waiting for your apartment tour video.

"Stupid Bitch" (Tyra Banks) LMFAO :lol:

That was great Cheapy.

You probably should do this every week, but instead of doing it yourself, A mass a group of CAGs and get someone to do this each week.

I originally posted this over in the Cagbag but.......

Cheapy and Wombat, after hearing the last cagcast and most directly the "shovelware" posting on youtube I have a cruex about the no hard drive issue Harmonix and others are useing as a point on dening full ports of Rockband, Guitar hero and others .....Is everyone forgeting The WII does come with a memory card slot up front ? with 8gb , 16 gb, and even 32 gb SD cards on the market there Must be a way A company like Nintendo can either through software or firmware etc. can find a way to utilize this interface ......let me break it down this way .......
1. insert ,say a 32gb card into WII
2.download firmware or software to card
3.Nintendo sells song packs for Rockband in either WII ware or a seperate WII module on the home screen.
4.its then "downloaded" to the memory card making it a defacto hard drive
there , problem fixed ,Cheapy please forward this to Reggie and have him send me my check to...........jk , but what do you guys think of my fix ?

Wow, great video. I saw how the pictures and the words flowed for the video. "Stupid Bitch" comments was funny but I didn't get how it referred to Tyra Banks.

Hey I thought this was funny enough until Cheepy (I think) said "Stupid bitch" and the Tyra picture popped up, then I just lost my biscuits.

Hi-fives if you could do that every week!

[quote name='bluu']I originally posted this over in the Cagbag but.......

*blah blah blah*
[/QUOTE]

The SD card slot reportedly can only handle 2GB cards. Anything higher is classified as high capacity, which are known to not be really safe to use with the SD card slot.

The question then becomes "Could 2GB cards work for DLC?" Apparently not, since seemingly no one except basement hackers can figure out how to use it, outside of the 2-3 instances of it being used in retail games (which even then aren't very integrated all that well).

The end point: the SD card slot can't be considered as useful for DLC. So your whole solution doesn't work.

like i commented on the youtube video, i thought this was similar to zero punctuation with its ridiculous internet memes and random picture/ word relations. keep em coming!

First time listening to CAG podcast, the pictures worked Cheapy. You've managed to capture the attention of the ADD/Adultswim audience.

bread's done
Back