LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='n64ra']Thanks for the link. This could be very useful.[/quote]

Your welcome, there are some LEGO websites that sometimes post deals, but hardly ever.

There is a $5 of $25 coupon for Target toys, but I can't find the link to it.

im glad someone started a lego thread. well you can get on www.lego.com and go to shop. they ususally have different deals by the week. sometimes you can get good stuff for 50 percent off. personally my favorite place to go is target. they always have some lego sets on clearance. i got the lego star destroyer for 40 bucks and the slave 1 for 12 bucks. in terms of bulk bricks the only deal your going to find is at a garage sale. cross your fingers. :D

I'm really looking for deals either online or B&M. My best bet so far has been looking for coupons on cheapassgamer. I've used the $5 target coupon a lot and plan to use the $5 TRU coupon today.

Other reasons I started this thread are because I missed a pimp clearance at my TRU. They had Arkham Asylum for $21. :( I was able to catch $3 off with and a $5 coupon on the cargo plane last month at my other TRU - by random luck. While both of those were likely YMMV, it would have been nice to post the finds for others or to see if others had finds too.

[quote name='Irukandji']i got the lego star destroyer for 40 bucks and the slave 1 for 12 bucks. [/quote]

I hate you. :lol:

haha. well i'll keep my eyes open man. if i see anything else good i'll let you know. i stopped by target and tru today but they didnt have anything marked down except some exo force sets. until then just peep some yard/garage sales since its spring time. you can check craigslist, theres always a chance that somebody is selling a "box of legos" which could be an amazing find. i know a guy that bought a box of legos for 5 dollars and i had 2 millenium flacons in it. i hate him. damn things are on ebay for 200 dollars.

i had actually gotten the Batman Arkham Asylum for $17.xx after the extra 20% off...The reason it was still there was probably cause it was opened, but i took the chance since lego has great customer service when it comes to missing parts.

I ending up missing about 30-40 pieces and had no problem with lego sending them to me for free

This thread is a good idea. LEGOs are so great, but often very pricey, and other than the clearance stuff in the LEGO store, deals are few and far between.

Have you guys seen the Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, and Market Street sets? I've never been a Town person, but those are unbelievable. Gonna get those soon, even if I can't get a deal on them.

very sexy sets. i've only seen them online. apparently there was a hoth limited editon set that i didnt even know about and its hella expensive now. i wanna get the sandcrawler but i know i wont find it for less than 120.

[quote name='Jedi1979']i had actually gotten the Batman Arkham Asylum for $17.xx after the extra 20% off...The reason it was still there was probably cause it was opened, but i took the chance since lego has great customer service when it comes to missing parts.

I ending up missing about 30-40 pieces and had no problem with Lego sending them to me for free[/quote]

I got it for 40 and the box was beat up and had missing pieces, LEGO sent me all the pieces except for the head of the Riddler, very weird. I didn't want to email them for one piece.

And Cafe Corner is on sale at least once a week for $114 (Check your Gold Box), still too much for me, I rather have Mindstorms.

My Target never has legos on clearance. The best value I ever found was back in 2005 (I think), for Black Friday, Target had the $100 Millenium Falcon on sale for $50.

That being said, I'm now tempted to troll my local Target while I'm out today.

Here ya go:

http://fbtb.net/

Mainly geared towards Star Wars LEGO sets but they do have a general B/S/T/Finds forum which sometimes they will post if/when TRU or any other stores have discounts/coupons. Been a member for that site for a long, if not longer, than CAG. Check it out.

I bought Truck & Forklift (7733) today from TRU. It has plastic bags labeled 1 - 4. Bag 1 was not for my set. I did some research - it's from Container Stacker (7992). Never seen that before. Calling LEGO once they're open.

[quote name='chex20']Here ya go:

http://fbtb.net/

Mainly geared towards Star Wars LEGO sets but they do have a general B/S/T/Finds forum which sometimes they will post if/when TRU or any other stores have discounts/coupons. Been a member for that site for a long, if not longer, than CAG. Check it out.[/quote]

Oohhh, looks good. Thanks!

[quote name='n64ra']I bought Truck & Forklift (7733) today from TRU. It has plastic bags labeled 1 - 4. Bag 1 was not for my set. I did some research - it's from Container Stacker (7992). Never seen that before. Calling LEGO once they're open.[/QUOTE]

I just bought Truck & Forklift too and my bag #1 is correct. So yah that's very weird your set got different pieces.

[quote name='n64ra']I bought Truck & Forklift (7733) today from TRU. It has plastic bags labeled 1 - 4. Bag 1 was not for my set. I did some research - it's from Container Stacker (7992). Never seen that before. Calling LEGO once they're open.[/quote]

That's strange because they normally weigh the sets, so missing that many pieces should come up, and the set be rejected and corrected.

And I have a question for all of you, how old are you?

im 28 and havent had access to legos in longer then I can remember because they are just too expensive to justify. i would love to get in on the star wars ones though, since I am just now reading through the novels :D

[quote name='relicbane']im 28 and havent had access to legos in longer then I can remember because they are just too expensive to justify. i would love to get in on the star wars ones though, since I am just now reading through the novels :D[/quote]

word. i love the star wars sets but im only buying them if they're 60% off hah. check your walmarts and targets once a week.

[quote name='relicbane']im 28 and havent had access to legos in longer then I can remember because they are just too expensive to justify. i would love to get in on the star wars ones though, since I am just now reading through the novels :D[/quote]

I've picked up several of the Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Sets. They are incredible, but very expensive. I've got these:

Death Star II:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10143&cn=416&d=322

I've also got the Tantive IV and a Tie Interceptor from the same series, but I couldn't find pictures in my less than 30 second search.

All of them are impressive, but I really am trying hard to justify this one:

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10179

The $500 price tag is probably just too much. Most of the ones from this series that I have gotten, were at half price, but with Lego only selling this one, it will probably be some time before the price drops.

TBW

[quote name='n64ra']I'm 24, and my wife gets pissed when I spent a lot on legos. :(

I guess the weights were similar enough?[/quote]

Divorce. :)

And I have seen the $500 Star Wars set at a LEGO Store, it's HUGE, I mean massively huge.

Still not worth $500.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']
All of them are impressive, but I really am trying hard to justify this one:

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10179

The $500 price tag is probably just too much. Most of the ones from this series that I have gotten, were at half price, but with Lego only selling this one, it will probably be some time before the price drops.

TBW[/quote]
Nice. I'll likely get that eventually when the price comes down. Next time I'm in the Lego store I'll keep an eye out for it.

My fiance got me the Imperial Star Destroyer (back when it was $300) and boy is that big. Sadly I had to break it apart for the upcoming move, but once we're settled I'll get it back together.

Soon I'll have all my Legos organized and accessible. It's been far too long...

[quote name='moiety']Nice. I'll likely get that eventually when the price comes down. Next time I'm in the Lego store I'll keep an eye out for it.

My fiance got me the Imperial Star Destroyer (back when it was $300) and boy is that big. Sadly I had to break it apart for the upcoming move, but once we're settled I'll get it back together.

Soon I'll have all my Legos organized and accessible. It's been far too long...[/quote]

Yeah i can't wait to find it when its cheaper. it's going to take foreeevvvvvvverrrrrrrrr to build. anybody in here ever heard of brickquest? i think im about to build a couple dungeons for it. it looks fun if your into that sort of thing.

http://www.brickquest.com/brickquest/

[quote name='Irukandji']Yeah i can't wait to find it when its cheaper. it's going to take foreeevvvvvvverrrrrrrrr to build. anybody in here ever heard of brickquest? i think im about to build a couple dungeons for it. it looks fun if your into that sort of thing.

http://www.brickquest.com/brickquest/[/quote]

Ha, that looks interesting.

I guess I'm the only one who's favorite theme is not Star Wars?

[quote name='n64ra']Ha, that looks interesting.

I guess I'm the only one who's favorite theme is not Star Wars?[/quote]
Castle and Space are my favorite themes. I always liked Town too.

[quote name='n64ra']

I guess I'm the only one who's favorite theme is not Star Wars?[/quote]

I like old castle (The Skellie Castle sets last year were nice), old space (Ice Planet!), and Town / City along with some Creator sets.

I haven't bought a Star Wars set since 2000 or 2001.

[quote name='Irukandji']well this thread is kicking a little ass. nice.

im going to hit a couple targets(hehe) on monday when i go to cleveland. my local one didnt have anything. remember to keep your $5 off $25 coupon with you. while your out hunting.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2117/2344725206_975fdd3c3c_o.gif[/quote]

That Target coupon will always have a place in my wallet until it expires in Oct. ;)

I still regret the day that I moved away from home and gave all my Legos to my nephew. I'm pretty sure he barely used them and they were probably thrown away. :cry: I remember I had a Millenium Falcon, an X-Wing, a Y-Wing and a Tie fighter among other sets. I also collected Lego Knights sets and Ninja/Samurai sets. I did keep the all the figures and still have them to this day.

Now that I have kids, I really, really regret it. I have bought generic sets for them but I am not really sure about starting to collect legos again. If I do start again, this thread should help. Thanks, I think.

I'm a definate town guy. I have an older castle too, and the space monorail. But never really got into those as much as the town sets.

No love for the Pirates! I couldn't believe LEGO ended that series. Town is a close second. Then comes castle and space. As for the licensed ones, I enjoy the Indy and Batman themes.

[quote name='n64ra']No love for the Pirates! I couldn't believe LEGO ended that series. Town is a close second. Then comes castle and space. As for the licensed ones, I enjoy the Indy and Batman themes.[/quote]
I had a ton of Pirate stuff back in the day. Remember the Eldorado Fortress? I still remember the excitement of getting that at Christmas. There was also the Island theme a little later on, with the crocs and the tribal mini-figs. :lol:

I'm pretty sure Black Monarch's Castle and Forestman's River Fortress were my first "big" sets. I had a ton of knights, forestmen, and pirates. Well, still do. Glad someone started a Lego thread. Really looking forward to getting back into building.

[quote name='Halo05']If anyone's a fan of the castle sets, I just found this blast from the mutha-lovin' past...

http://www.classic-castle.com[/quote]

I actually owned this as a kid. The very first LEGO castle set. THAT's how old school I am. Think most of the pieces are still in my parents attic.

[quote name='n64ra']No love for the Pirates! I couldn't believe LEGO ended that series. Town is a close second. Then comes castle and space. As for the licensed ones, I enjoy the Indy and Batman themes.[/quote]

Ah, I loved the pirate sets and space sets as a kid. Never liked town, but find myself drawn to a lot of them now for some odd reason. Star Wars is probably my current favorite, but I like the Indiana Jones ones as well. The Harry Potter ones were kinda neat, but I didn't buy any (other than the keychains).

And for the record, I'm 33, and I don't buy LEGOs very often, but when I do, my wife's down with it. She thinks they're cool (probably because she's an engineer).

[quote name='moiety']I had a ton of Pirate stuff back in the day. Remember the Eldorado Fortress? I still remember the excitement of getting that at Christmas. There was also the Island theme a little later on, with the crocs and the tribal mini-figs. :lol:

I'm pretty sure Black Monarch's Castle and Forestman's River Fortress were my first "big" sets. I had a ton of knights, forestmen, and pirates. Well, still do. Glad someone started a Lego thread. Really looking forward to getting back into building.[/quote]

Of course I remember Eldorado Fortress! My two favorite that I had were Rock Island Refuge and Imperial Trading Post. I was always jealous I never got the Black Seas Barracuda for Christmas.

[quote name='emg28']
I still regret the day that I moved away from home and gave all my Legos to my nephew[/quote]

That was stupid, I keep them in my mother's basement. :)

[quote name='n64ra']Of course I remember Eldorado Fortress! My two favorite that I had were Rock Island Refuge and Imperial Trading Post. I was always jealous I never got the Black Seas Barracuda for Christmas.[/quote]

The Barracuda was pretty sweet, never got it either. Still have the Skull's Eye Schooner though. Sits on top of my speaker, left side. Still in full working condition, with all figs, even after my basement flooded and destroyed nearly everything I had down there, except for my LEGO sets.

[quote name='chex20']The Barracuda was pretty sweet, never got it either. Still have the Skull's Eye Schooner though. Sits on top of my speaker, left side. Still in full working condition, with all figs, even after my basement flooded and destroyed nearly everything I had down there, except for my LEGO sets.
[/quote]

i never got any of the cool ships:cry:. i have the set thats a little bit smaller than rock island though. I think the pirate sets had a pretty decent run. a lot better of a run than the ninjas got. BRING BACK NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS!!!

PS: i went to the salvation army today and found 2 decent sized bags of bricks and base plates. bling bling.

[quote name='n64ra']I bought Truck & Forklift (7733) today from TRU. It has plastic bags labeled 1 - 4. Bag 1 was not for my set. I did some research - it's from Container Stacker (7992). Never seen that before. Calling LEGO once they're open.[/quote]

Called Lego today. My correct bag #1 is in the mail from Poland. I get a free part of the Container Stacker!

[quote name='Irukandji']
PS: i went to the salvation army today and found 2 decent sized bags of bricks and base plates. bling bling.[/quote]

lucky sob

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back