Photo
- - - - -

Contest (CAG Foreplay #40): Win Barnyard Blast (DS)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 GAMERMASTERMAN

GAMERMASTERMAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:35 AM

Assassin's Creed or God of War

Was going to say either Crimson Skies or Ninja Gaiden, but they both already kind of have, with Snoopy vs the Red Barron, & I-Ninja.
Posted Image
Shipwreck-"They mess with my McDonalds little person set, they're gunna get a little person in the head."

#32 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:00 PM

As I try to come up with a good idea for a game spoof, I think to myself, you need to have a real zany idea. If it's a one time chuckle at the gimick, it's probably not going to be a good spoof. Of course, you need a good game to sustain it too, but anyway.

What about all those DS pet sims you guys are always talking about? Maybe a reverse pet sim where you work in a pet retirement home and usher them out of this mortal coil. (Please don't hate me Mrs. Ship, I was just trying to come up with a funny ideas, I'm not advocating violence against animals!)

Trauma Center comes to mind too. I'm not sure how exactly, but what about a robot repair game? You could interact with pastiches of famous robots from sci-fi movies and TV. Really, think about it, you could do a lot of different robots. There's R2 and 3P0, the Terminator, Johnny 5, Optimus Prime, Rosie the Maid, KITT, Data, the MST Robots, the Robot from Lost in Space, etc. Obviously, you're never going to get all those licenses, but change things up just enough to avoid copyright infringement and I think you could have a really fun and funny game. Have them come in complaining of ailments, fix them up, and have a little interaction on the way. Controls would basically be the same as the Wii version, but you'd use the laser a lot more often. :) And a welder.

#33 Justme8800

Justme8800

Not like the other 8799

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

Myst!

You'd have to find the plunger to suck out the rabbit so he'll go eat the carrot jamming the gear that switches the track for the quarter-sized technicolor steam engine. Or something like that.

~Justme8800

#34 AleetPanda

AleetPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:54 AM

I think the best spoof of a video game would have to be on a game that takes itself way too seriously, Madden. EA doesnt have exclusive rights to the game of football. So you get 20 teams with ridiculous names like the Springfield Ninnypinchers and the Talahassee Bjorks and you have a merry old game of ball. But instead of bone crushing sound effects for the hits you hear the squeak of a plastic toy hammer. Plus there are power-up that, instead of making you run faster, you run into people and they explode with a burst of spring flowers. Like the NFL there are no player celebrations after touchdowns but have no fear! After you score a touchdown you get tackled by Kittens (War Kittens?) but the opposing team is all allergic... lesson there is dont let them score or you will get itchy eyes. In this game there is no Super Bowl, only a final boss fight against Bill Belichick in sumo suits (or bear suits).

#35 Pyramid_Party

Pyramid_Party

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:23 AM

Final Fantasy

#36 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:25 AM

Bionic Commando

#37 neonglow

neonglow

Penguin Shine!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:35 AM

Mega Man

#38 Whambamm

Whambamm

Thank you ma'am

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

I'd have to vote for Mega Man too. It'd be cool to have you be a Chameleon character that gets the abilities of all the other Animal bosses you defeat.
Posted Image Posted Image

Winner of the 2004 and 2006 CAG NFL Suicide Pool.
My Tradelist

Posted Image

#39 Darklighter

Darklighter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

Metroid for sure, lol.

#40 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

Earthworm Jim!

#41 Vagrant121

Vagrant121

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

Splinter Cell
bahhhh

#42 juvo

juvo

Less affluent audience

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:54 AM

Another for Mega Man.

#43 Slayzz

Slayzz

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:57 AM

Metroid!
"the key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering"

#44 nekoaitsu

nekoaitsu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

Super Fighting Robot....
MEGA MAN!

#45 edibleaudio

edibleaudio

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

Resident Evil... I could see you in a bizzare daycare, hitting toddlers with fluffy pillows. I'd probably perfer it too, because survival horror games scare me.

#46 Sacsquash

Sacsquash

Cheapassquatch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:50 PM

Gears of War

#47 sam16

sam16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:04 AM

Probably Mega Man. The concept is easy to parody and allows for a good amount of creativity.

#48 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

Metal Gear Solid

#49 aknowlesjr

aknowlesjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

Metroid too