(Amazon) Hot Shots Tennis ($11.29 & *eligible* for FREE Super Saver Shipping)

[quote name='integralsmatic']is this game really that bad?

edit:eek:k its not that bad. i may use this and get The Bill Cosby Show season 1 on dvd...thanks op.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not THAT bad. It's just very mediocre compared to other Hot Shot games. There's nothing really special here. IMHO, if you REALLY need a tennis game, you're just better off with Top Spin, Tennis 2K2, or any other tennis game on the PS2 -- I've played all of them, and Hot Shots is at best in the lower tier of these.

That's what I mean by it not being worth it. Use your $12 and you can probably pick up any of the other tennis games -- and maybe even for less.

The game is definitely thin on options and game modes, but the gameplay is top-notch, and much better, IMO, than the Top Spin series.

[quote name='Zbornak']The game is definitely thin on options and game modes, but the gameplay is top-notch, and much better, IMO, than the Top Spin series.[/QUOTE]

The original Top Spin on the XBox was awesome and better than HST. However, the port of Top Spin to the PS2 was disappointing. So if we restrict our discussion to just PS2 tennis games, I'd agree that HST is probably the best.

I bought HST when it was $16.16 a couple of weeks ago. I just emailed Amazon for a refund on the price drop. Thanks OP!

Bought it last week at CC for $11.xx, and I don't regret it at all. I enjoying the timing based swing system more than the 'get to where the balls going to land' system. Steady framerate and good graphics make this one a great deal for that price.

I've put about three hours into it, and boredom hasn't set in yet.

Wow, why does this game keep dropping 50 - 60 cents every few days? First it was $13.86, then $13.21, then $12.55, now it's $11.88?

I've had it in my cart for a few weeks now, wondering how low Amazon will go with this title and why.

This is about what it's worth. It's not to tennis games what Hot Shots Golf is to golf games. Still, the timing based system is a nice change of pace and it did keep my attention long enough to unlock everything (20 hours or so?).

Amazon is tricky. They'll lower the price a little bit every few days, then, without warning, raise the price back up to MSRP again. Rather than risk a price hike, I would say if you're even remotely interested in Hot Shots Tennis, $11.88 would be a great price for it.

This game is definitely worth anything sub $15. I bought it from CC a few weeks back for like $13 and I probably put a good 5 - 7 hours on to it. It's still in my PS2 right now and I actually want to get around to playing it more but I'v just been a little too busy to just take a day for some gaming. I must say that the game play is very solid and it's a but tougher than you would think. It's very timing based but still easy enough to get the hang of it in about an hour or so. I highly recommend.

Don't forget Amazon will price adjust anything that drops further within 30 days after purchase. You just have to e-mail them.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I believe this was marked $9.90 at my TRU. You may want to check there.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I saw it for $19.98 there (it's part of their new clearance that started this past Monday).

[quote name='Josef']Actually, I saw it for $19.98 there (it's part of their new clearance that started this past Monday).[/QUOTE]

Oh, it definetly wasn't that much. Not at mine, anyways.

Thanks for the heads up. Bought it now (together with "Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2" [since gamestop stopped getting the SNK budget games] to get the free super saver shipping) just in case it shoots back up again.

bread's done
Back