Photo
- - - - -

(Amazon) Hot Shots Tennis ($11.29 & *eligible* for FREE Super Saver Shipping)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:09 AM

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN/B000R36A86

Should go well with a $14.99 game to get free shipping if you don't have Prime.
"Kyle, I have a full day of watching TV tomorrow. I don't have time to go on a poo hunt right now, okay?" -- a memorable quote from South Park's "A Very Crappy Christmas" episode

#2 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

sadly, even with that drop -- i can say it's still not worth it :-P

#3 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

is this game really that bad?

edit:ok its not that bad. i may use this and get The Bill Cosby Show season 1 on dvd...thanks op.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#4 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:38 PM

is this game really that bad?

edit:ok its not that bad. i may use this and get The Bill Cosby Show season 1 on dvd...thanks op.

No, it's not THAT bad. It's just very mediocre compared to other Hot Shot games. There's nothing really special here. IMHO, if you REALLY need a tennis game, you're just better off with Top Spin, Tennis 2K2, or any other tennis game on the PS2 -- I've played all of them, and Hot Shots is at best in the lower tier of these.

That's what I mean by it not being worth it. Use your $12 and you can probably pick up any of the other tennis games -- and maybe even for less.

#5 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Needed a filler item.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#6 Tricky

Tricky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:05 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ot shots tennis

http://www.amazon.co...07403464&sr=1-5

#7 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:38 PM

The game is definitely thin on options and game modes, but the gameplay is top-notch, and much better, IMO, than the Top Spin series.

#8 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

The game is definitely thin on options and game modes, but the gameplay is top-notch, and much better, IMO, than the Top Spin series.

The original Top Spin on the XBox was awesome and better than HST. However, the port of Top Spin to the PS2 was disappointing. So if we restrict our discussion to just PS2 tennis games, I'd agree that HST is probably the best.

I bought HST when it was $16.16 a couple of weeks ago. I just emailed Amazon for a refund on the price drop. Thanks OP!

#9 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

Bought it last week at CC for $11.xx, and I don't regret it at all. I enjoying the timing based swing system more than the 'get to where the balls going to land' system. Steady framerate and good graphics make this one a great deal for that price.

I've put about three hours into it, and boredom hasn't set in yet.
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#10 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

Wow, why does this game keep dropping 50 - 60 cents every few days? First it was $13.86, then $13.21, then $12.55, now it's $11.88?

I've had it in my cart for a few weeks now, wondering how low Amazon will go with this title and why.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#11 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

Hoping to see the $9.99 mark...:-P

#12 BrandonJ33

BrandonJ33

Alex Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

This is about what it's worth. It's not to tennis games what Hot Shots Golf is to golf games. Still, the timing based system is a nice change of pace and it did keep my attention long enough to unlock everything (20 hours or so?).

#13 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:28 AM

Amazon is tricky. They'll lower the price a little bit every few days, then, without warning, raise the price back up to MSRP again. Rather than risk a price hike, I would say if you're even remotely interested in Hot Shots Tennis, $11.88 would be a great price for it.

#14 emceelokey

emceelokey

The Human Weapon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:41 AM

This game is definitely worth anything sub $15. I bought it from CC a few weeks back for like $13 and I probably put a good 5 - 7 hours on to it. It's still in my PS2 right now and I actually want to get around to playing it more but I'v just been a little too busy to just take a day for some gaming. I must say that the game play is very solid and it's a but tougher than you would think. It's very timing based but still easy enough to get the hang of it in about an hour or so. I highly recommend.

#15 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:07 AM

Don't forget Amazon will price adjust anything that drops further within 30 days after purchase. You just have to e-mail them.

ach.png

#16 CocheseUGA

CocheseUGA

Dominate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:09 AM

I believe this was marked $9.90 at my TRU. You may want to check there.

#17 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:13 AM

I believe this was marked $9.90 at my TRU. You may want to check there.

Actually, I saw it for $19.98 there (it's part of their new clearance that started this past Monday).

#18 CocheseUGA

CocheseUGA

Dominate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:17 AM

Actually, I saw it for $19.98 there (it's part of their new clearance that started this past Monday).

Oh, it definetly wasn't that much. Not at mine, anyways.

#19 Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:24 AM

Going down another 59 cents:

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN/B000R36A86
"Kyle, I have a full day of watching TV tomorrow. I don't have time to go on a poo hunt right now, okay?" -- a memorable quote from South Park's "A Very Crappy Christmas" episode

#20 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Bought it now (together with "Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2" [since gamestop stopped getting the SNK budget games] to get the free super saver shipping) just in case it shoots back up again.

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#21 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:47 AM

Looks like you got it just at the right time as it is back up to 27.99.

ach.png

#22 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:48 AM

I saw this game on Clearance at Toysrus for $19.98 - 20% off = $15.98
"Evil is Funs"