Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne $39.99 Used

ihavenolife123

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Over at the gamestop/ebgames website used. This was just discovered in the Play-asia thread, so i believe it deserves a separate one.

So for anyone that didnt take the plunge, and got tired of waiting on amazon, heres the next best thing...I suppose.

Tip: Search for a nearby store for further inspection of the items.

Dont forget to use the coupons
CAG16
SAVER
Your Edge Card code

to get up to 25% off ($30.23 + tax) with free shipping (but not free handling :whistle2:( )

apparently theres something weird with the math, and it doesn't add up...

Price will come out to $30.23 + tax when using SAVER and CAG16. Not sure why, since it should be $29.59, but oh well. CAG16 only takes off $5.74.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i dont know if this is really thread-worthy (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4257263&postcount=268) so i put this in the nocturne one from playasia. good deal though[/QUOTE]

Nearly $15 in savings as Botticus put it:

[quote name='botticus']Price will come out to $30.23 + tax when using SAVER and CAG16. Not sure why, since it should be $29.59, but oh well. CAG16 only takes off $5.74.[/QUOTE]

The discounts online are not added on... so first they take off 16% and then 10% EDGE. So that's probably why...

OP, please give the original poster credit.:whistle2:\

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Did you really? I guess if the title of the Play-asia got changed to show multiple venues to purchase this sought-after game, then this thread could get locked up right now[/quote]

no offense really, i just dont want any more infraction points haha

[quote name='DrNo888']39.99*.84*.9=$30.23 + tax[/quote]
Wow, they actually fixed that. It always used to just be a straight 26%.

Ah, that's another $15 I could have saved if I had waited. Oh well.

Huh, they're suddenly listed as "Not for sale" on the GS website. Guess there were a lot of people waiting for it to drop.

Interesting note....

When I went to pick up FES today at gamestop, the manager that I'm tight with talked about the reprint from play asia. He mentioned and CONFIRMED to be that the reprint of Disgaea (1 or 2? forget) was indeed opened and sold as used (at a high price).

This could be a clear indication that gamestop is just opening their nocturne copies and selling them used.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Interesting note....

When I went to pick up FES today at gamestop, the manager that I'm tight with talked about the reprint from play asia. He mentioned and CONFIRMED to be that the reprint of Disgaea (1 or 2? forget) was indeed opened and sold as used (at a high price).

This could be a clear indication that gamestop is just opening their nocturne copies and selling them used.[/QUOTE]

... We already figured that out, a long time ago. They've done it before with pretty much every reprint.

That's a great price since I paid like $70 for it a year ago. [That's the highest I have ever paid for a used game] Ughh...

[quote name='expane']telling someone to use edge/googleCO etc.. is not a specific deal and should not be factored into posts like this[/QUOTE]

I guess its good it isnt factored in the title

I actually found a used one complete at a GS and paid $60. I'd still pay $60, so you should all jump on this!

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']i'm still waiting for the right time to get the deluxe version.[/QUOTE]

get the music, burn it, bam
makeshift deluxe version.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']i'm still waiting for the right time to get the deluxe version.[/quote]

If you're willing to spend the money, and like the music, you can buy the two Japanese soundtracks and have all the songs. The soundtrack that came with the deluxe version has all the tracks from one of the soundtracks and selected songs from the other.

More importantly, people who are getting this game from either GS or Play-Asia - what type of PS2 case are you getting? The new or old one? Just out of curosity....

[quote name='superdry']If you're willing to spend the money, and like the music, you can buy the two Japanese soundtracks and have all the songs. The soundtrack that came with the deluxe version has all the tracks from one of the soundtracks and selected songs from the other.

More importantly, people who are getting this game from either GS or Play-Asia - what type of PS2 case are you getting? The new or old one? Just out of curosity....[/quote]
give ya heads up when received

Do they price match with their online prices or something? I saw Phoenix wright 2 and FFIII online for $19.99 but in the store it was MSRP price.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Do they price match with their online prices or something? I saw Phoenix wright 2 and FFIII online for $19.99 but in the store it was MSRP price.[/QUOTE]

they dont...

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Do they price match with their online prices or something? I saw Phoenix wright 2 and FFIII online for $19.99 but in the store it was MSRP price.[/quote]

were you just going by the stickers? they might not have put new ones on yet so just ask them to look up the price for you

I bit on this one. I had credit I wanted to get rid of so it came to like 10bucks after the coupon codes. If it comes in poor condition I'll just in store return it.
I'll update when it comes in for any one that is hesitant to bite.

how do you tell if its old or new case?
Anyway... min came today!
it almost looks like my copy is brand new, not a single scratch on the disc and the manual is crisp and in pristine condition, the only thing that is slightly indicative of it being used is the case being a little rough on the edges

other than that and im still skeptical that for some reason they didnt just toss new games in these especially with it coinciding with the reprint

[quote name='62t']new case doesnt have the memory card holder[/quote]
then yeah, its new, it seriously looks like a brand new game thats just had the case roughed a tiny bit

I remember there was a time where they'd throw the Nocturne OST at you as a free gift just for ordering anything from the Atlus store (RIP).

But seriously. If you don't mind a game that'll put you into controller-throwing fits with its difficulty, please buy this. It's soooooo good.

Been having trouble with the site's item locater. Several stores within my area code seem to have the item. But when I call the stores none have it in their database. Especially one store which has it in their database but no physical copy, when I ask to check their disk storage area.

[quote name='Masquerade']Been having trouble with the site's item locater. Several stores within my area code seem to have the item. But when I call the stores none have it in their database. Especially one store which has it in their database but no physical copy, when I ask to check their disk storage area.[/quote]
why not order it online

Got mine today as well. Flawless shape aside from the used sticker they slapped on the back of the case. Already replaced that abomination :)

Saw one at a gamestop today and opened the case. Yeah, its pretty much a new game that they opened and labeled as used. I'm still debating if i should pick it up. It's not like I'll have time to play it come tomorrow and with my current backlog...

[quote name='jacknicklson']Got mine today as well. Flawless shape aside from the used sticker they slapped on the back of the case. Already replaced that abomination :)[/quote]
same for me :bouncy:

[quote name='Masquerade']Been having trouble with the site's item locater. Several stores within my area code seem to have the item. But when I call the stores none have it in their database. Especially one store which has it in their database but no physical copy, when I ask to check their disk storage area.[/quote]

same here. i went to two different stores that were on the items locator and they didn't have it in their database either.
i messed up by not calling first.

[quote name='CaptainCarnage']same here. i went to two different stores that were on the items locator and they didn't have it in their database either.
i messed up by not calling first.[/quote]

Or it could mean that its on an employee's hold shelf and they are keeping it from customers. For example:

I called a gamestop that is 50 miles away from where I live for DDS1 that shows they got one from online store locator (it was not there the other day online). He checked the computer and said yeah it shows they have a copy in stock so I asked what condition it's in. He said sure let me check *in background I hear a drawer open and then quickly closed* (this must be the store's employee hold section) and next thing I know he said sorry we dont have any and simply hanged up on me....

I actually filed a complaint about this today as it was rude for the employee to hang up on me immediately and also hadnt I asked for them to check the condition they were gonna have me drive 50 miles (100 miles total of wasted expensive gas round trip) to simply refuse me in the end.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Or it could mean that its on an employee's hold shelf and they are keeping it from customers. For example:

I called a gamestop that is 50 miles away from where I live for DDS1 that shows they got one from online store locator (it was not there the other day online). He checked the computer and said yeah it shows they have a copy in stock so I asked what condition it's in. He said sure let me check *in background I hear a drawer open and then quickly closed* (this must be the store's employee hold section) and next thing I know he said sorry we dont have any and simply hanged up on me....

I actually filed a complaint about this today as it was rude for the employee to hang up on me immediately and also hadnt I asked for them to check the condition they were gonna have me drive 50 miles (100 miles total of wasted expensive gas round trip) to simply refuse me in the end.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, a gamer complaining to gamestop/ebgames will never fix whatever they have broken. They dont need gamers, anyway. They are the leading babysitters in the country. Why do they need gamers when they can keep the children of busy American adults entertained for hours after school lets out?

got a pristine one in the store today. I'm going to order online and return whichever one is shittier to the store. I can't believe I'm getting Nocturne for ~35 bucks. they also had a pristine Digital Devil Saga one. I might buy it to replace my original DDS1 as it has a scratch and then return that to gamestop. funny thing is that also bought a "new" shadow of rome and it was opened and the box was fucked up while the "used" nocturne was cleaner than a whistle. fucking Rapestop. Also, some kids were asking me to buy them GTA IV like it's the prohibition era. Someone could make a mint Buying up all the GTA IV and selling them to little kids at ten bucks a markup.

[quote name='sparklecopy']Also, some kids were asking me to buy them GTA IV like it's the prohibition era. Someone could make a mint Buying up all the GTA IV and selling them to little kids at ten bucks a markup.[/QUOTE]

See, im telling you. fucking kids looking in the wrong place for hookups

[quote name='sparklecopy']got a pristine one in the store today. I'm going to order online and return whichever one is shittier to the store. I can't believe I'm getting Nocturne for ~35 bucks. they also had a pristine Digital Devil Saga one. I might buy it to replace my original DDS1 as it has a scratch and then return that to gamestop. funny thing is that also bought a "new" shadow of rome and it was opened and the box was fucked up while the "used" nocturne was cleaner than a whistle. fucking Rapestop. Also, some kids were asking me to buy them GTA IV like it's the prohibition era. Someone could make a mint Buying up all the GTA IV and selling them to little kids at ten bucks a markup.[/quote]

I was surprise to find out DDS1 are hard to get for a cheap price because I picked mine up when TRU had those $10 on PS2/Xbox/GC games when it first came out and it was the one with the box and soundtrack. But nevertheless, $35 for Nocturne is great, especially since a good number of us who were expecting for major price drops instead saw the price skyrocket. Bought mine for $70.

bread's done
Back