Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

What's in the PS Store (4/22/14): Cel Damage HD, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Starlight Inception, Demon Gaze, Walking Dead S2 Vita, & More!

PSN PS+ PlayStation Plus PlayStation Network PlayStation 3 PS3 PlayStation Vita Vita PSP PlayStation Store

• Please log in to reply
10050 replies to this topic

#7471 io

io

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

Sweet, I just dumped my not-yet-opened copy of Borderlands GotY on eBay and will pick up the $14.99 PS+ bundle in a few weeks!

#7472 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

http://blog.us.plays....-off-11-games/

We've got a big sale next week:

Starting Tuesday, July 12th, 11 hot PS3 games will be available for a cool 30% discount in the PlayStation Store. And if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you’ll be able to download the games at a 50% discount. We’ve got a sizzling lineup of software, including Scott Pilgrim, PixelJunk Shooter 2 and all five episodes of Back to the Future: The Game, all deeply discounted, as part of the PSN Summer Sale.

Posted Image

For one week only, escape the heat and humidity with big discounts on titles that will entertain you all summer long. Check out the full list of PS3 games that are part of this year’s PSN Summer Sale:

• Back to the Future: The Game – Full Series (Sale price $13.99; Plus price $9.79; Regular price $19.99)
  • Chime Super Deluxe (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Dead Space Extraction (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)
  • Hard Corps: Uprising (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • PixelJunk Shooter 2 (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Risk: Factions (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Shank (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Scott Pilgrim (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Swarm (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
  • Tales from Space: About a Blob (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)
Don’t hesitate because this limited-time offer melts on July 19th, and the games will return to full price. Head on over to the PlayStation Store on Tuesday and take advantage of this season’s best deals!

#7473 io

io

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

Nice, I'm definitely in for PixelJunk Shooter 2 (never played the first though) and maybe Swarm. I'm not sure about Back to the Future or any of the others... I already have Pac-Man and Risk Factions (on the 360).

Is this Chime the same as the one on the 360?

I have a sneaky feeling Tales from Space may be a free PS+ game some day, so I will probably hold off on that.

#7474 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, but it has twice the songs with new multiplayer and co-op modes.

You should also get the first PJ Shooter, as you'll be able to get a special set of avatars for owning both games.

#7475 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:49 PM

You should also get the first PJ Shooter, because it's a great game.

FTFY etc.

#7476 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

Wow, now that all the clingers-on are done with their free month of PS+, they're rolling out the big guns.

Down for a shit-ton of stuff. I just wish I hadn't already redeemed my Borderlands DLC, I've only played it like 4 hours so far but I guess I just keep the disc at this point.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#7477 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

Io, you should listen to the guys above and def get the first along with the second. Great game.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#7478 trogoldito

trogoldito

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:07 AM

Wow, now that all the clingers-on are done with their free month of PS+, they're rolling out the big guns.

I'm not done with my month of free PS+. I knew sony would pull this so I waited until July 1st to activate it.8-)

So I guess us "clingers-on" can still get in on this goodness. :booty:

Edited by trogoldito, 08 July 2011 - 07:25 AM.

#7479 unless

unless

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

Io, you should listen to the guys above and def get the first along with the second. Great game.

I just played the demo of the first game, and I think I'm in love. But the idea of paying full price for something on the PSN store just makes me itch. Any thoughts on whether this will go on sale again, or is it simply too old at this point?

#7480 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:28 AM

Damn it, I bought BTTF last week. Oh Well, money was well spent as I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#7481 io

io

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

I just played the demo of the first game, and I think I'm in love. But the idea of paying full price for something on the PSN store just makes me itch. Any thoughts on whether this will go on sale again, or is it simply too old at this point?

Yes, this... I will buy the first when it is on sale or a PS+ freebie ;). I can play the second for now and be happy with that.

#7482 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

Yes, this... I will buy the first when it is on sale or a PS+ freebie ;). I can play the second for now and be happy with that.

Since the second is going to be on sale, maybe the first will get some perm price drop sooner or later. But if ever there was a game to pay full price on PSN for, this is one. Of you course thats all opinion. ...and the fact is I waited to buy PJ Shooter 2 didnt I? So here I am telling you to pay full price while I dont. Aren't I nice? lol

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#7483 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:05 PM

Tried Burnout after literally 3 and a half hours of updating.

I am in fucking love. That game is awesome.

I owned burnout 3 for PS2 and while it was a good game, it was hard as Fuck and well having an open city here makes the game that much more enjoyable. While I don't care about trophies, I find it fun that game has like 96 trophies or some crap in it. I must of unlocked like 10-12 trophies in like two hours of playing, lol.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7484 unless

unless

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

I am in fucking love. That game is awesome.

I owned burnout 3 for PS2 and while it was a good game, it was hard as Fuck and well having an open city here makes the game that much more enjoyable. While I don't care about trophies, I find it fun that game has like 96 trophies or some crap in it. I must of unlocked like 10-12 trophies in like two hours of playing, lol.

Man, I just had the same experience. I started the game up about five hours ago, figuring I'd at least take it for a spin (I'm playing the free EU PS+ version), and...well, here I am, still awake five hours later. I don't usually like racing games, or open world games for that matter, but the combination of the two is some kind of crazy fun alchemy. I'm definitely gonna buy the US version and some DLC. I'm loving the sales PSN is running this month!

#7485 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

Man, I just had the same experience. I started the game up about five hours ago, figuring I'd at least take it for a spin (I'm playing the free EU PS+ version), and...well, here I am, still awake five hours later. I don't usually like racing games, or open world games for that matter, but the combination of the two is some kind of crazy fun alchemy. I'm definitely gonna buy the US version and some DLC. I'm loving the sales PSN is running this month!

If you ever watched the movie The Blues Brothers, the whole game is like modeled after that car chase scene. I can't wait to get home and play more tonight, such a good time.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7486 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

yeah burnout is wicked addictive i also like that they let you play your own music in the game as well. im hoping at some point they do a sale on midnight club la complete too.

#7487 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

yeah burnout is wicked addictive i also like that they let you play your own music in the game as well. im hoping at some point they do a sale on midnight club la complete too.

Yes, you can put on custom sountraacks. Which is another reason I played this game for over 200 hours. I played through it once before trophies and again after the trophy patch. So fun racing hundred miles an hour listening to some metal.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#7488 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

I am not the biggest racing game fan and the ones I do like are more arcady. If I have to chose between burnout with its DLC, Split Second and Blur which would you guys recommend?
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#7489 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

Though I enjoyed Split/Second a lot, Burnout Paradise is easily my favorite racing game of this generation.

#7490 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

I like Split/Second a lot- but Burnout & DLC is the better value.
Spoiler

#7491 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

Burnout hands down. The others are fun, but no where near as much content and fun as Burnout.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#7492 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:25 PM

Burnout 3 was one of my favorite PS2 games, had so many laughs with friends on that one. (Even brought it on Xbox Live for nostalgia, still have it on there to play from time to time).

Paradise is amazing too, already had the game from a share ages ago, but im probally gonna buy all of the DLC i didnt have tommorow.

Also, next weeks PS+ deals look awesome. Borderlands Bundle for 14.99? if that comes with all of the DLC thats an insta-buy for me.

Also, AC:Brotherhood finally comes to PSN, probally gonna try to find a Share group for that
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7493 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:05 AM

Burnout is not a typical racer then? I downloaded the demo once and it seemed kind of like a typical racer, just in a city environment. Does it get more crazy/over the top later?
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#7494 io

io

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

OK, so I have a disc copy of Burnout Paradise. Is it still worth buying the bundle for $7.99 that includes those two packs? (I might be able to sell/trade-in the disc copy then). Also, what other DLC should I get - I can certainly start off with that. I assume Big Surf Island and the Toy Cars. Anything else worth it?

#7495 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

Borderlands is 7/19, not next week.

http://blog.us.plays...n-on-july-19th/

Limbo's confirmed for a 7/19 release. No price yet.

#7496 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:13 AM

Borderlands is 7/19, not next week.

http://blog.us.plays...n-on-july-19th/

Limbo's confirmed for a 7/19 release. No price yet.

Ah, my brain fails then. Thats what happens when you get a lack of sleep =/

Also, Burnout is more about the crashes and stunts, not just the races.

Though...3 seemed a bit more frantic to me though (I liked the Afterburner or whatever it was called in there, nothing was funnier than flying your half exploded car into the windshield of a friends car)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7497 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:20 AM

OK, so I have a disc copy of Burnout Paradise. Is it still worth buying the bundle for $7.99 that includes those two packs? (I might be able to sell/trade-in the disc copy then). Also, what other DLC should I get - I can certainly start off with that. I assume Big Surf Island and the Toy Cars. Anything else worth it?

Careful, I've heard save files aren't compatible between the two versions. You'd have to start from scratch if you got rid of your disc copy.

#7498 io

io

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

Careful, I've heard save files aren't compatible between the two versions. You'd have to start from scratch if you got rid of your disc copy.

Fortunately I have not played it yet, so that's not a problem. Well, actually, I played it quite a bit on the 360 - but never on the PS3 even though I intended to (thus why I bought the PS3 disc copy a while back - forget from where even...).

#7499 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:30 AM

Everything is worth it except Party and C&R (mostly due to lack of an online community), but that may be changing with people jumping on this sale.
Spoiler

#7500 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

The saves aren't compatible between the disc and PSN version, so keep that in mind.

The two packs it comes with aren't the highlights of what's offered. Big Surf Island's the best and the rest depends on whether you want some new multiplayer modes (Cops & Robbers and Party Pack) or new cars (Legendary, Toy, Boost Specials). The cars are probably a better value than the modes at this point.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS+, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Network, PlayStation 3, PS3, PlayStation Vita, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Store