Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

What's in the PS Store (8/26/14): The Golf Club, Infamous First Light, Madden NFL 15, Metro Redux, OlliOlli, and More!

PSN PS+ PlayStation Plus PlayStation Network PlayStation 3 PS3 PlayStation Vita Vita PSP PlayStation Store

• Please log in to reply
10123 replies to this topic

#6991 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

motorstorm apocolaypse demo is back up on the eu psn store.

Ahh! Thanks for pointing this out, i'd been looking for this. Tried it last night and it was alright. It's pretty (and the 3D was pretty good), but I'm not sure.

It felt like motorstorm- but the vehicles seemed to take a bit more damage before crashing. The "natural disaster" style stuff in the demo was underwhelming in comparison to Split/Second, and half of the time the event resulted in me slamming into a wall because the camera moves to show you what happens (it's optional, but i kept hitting it).
Spoiler

#6992 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

This week was quite unappealing. I'm still save scumming my way through that first Sonic game. (Sonic seems to move slow compared to modern games. Also, does this game have no continues?)

I beleive it did not have any continues and only extra lives to earn. Also, I dont remember it having a save feature so you had to play through in one sitting. I could be wrong on that though. It was 20 years ago after all!

Tyler, I was just messing with you to see how long it would take you to see my sig.  Dont get your panties in a wad.

Wrencrest.png

#6993 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

I beleive it did not have any continues and only extra lives to earn. Also, I dont remember it having a save feature so you had to play through in one sitting. I could be wrong on that though. It was 20 years ago after all!

I was talking about the re-relase for PSN. The one on PSN doesnt seem to have a continue feature but does have a save/load you can use. Unfortunately it seems you have to go bak to the main menu by death or quitting in order to load. So bascially I'm just saving every 20 steps.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#6994 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:45 PM

yeah i tore through sonic 1 when it was free for psn+. I got every trophy but beat under an hour the first nite ;) just spam the saves so that you can retry the bonus missions if you fail to get chaos emeralds and save every level so if you die you can restart it. not hard at all with the new save feature. can't wait to do sonic 2 soon.

oh and i did the beta for red faction battlegrounds and i deleted it after 10 minutes. seemed like a very unpolished atari game that was just made to cross promote the new game. it should be free within a few months if its worth it even. but to each their own. i just beat yakuza 4 60+ hours and i loved every minute of it, but i hear people hate that game.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6995 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:55 PM

Reply #7000!

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6996 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:15 AM

yeah i tore through sonic 1 when it was free for psn+. I got every trophy but beat under an hour the first nite ;) just spam the saves so that you can retry the bonus missions if you fail to get chaos emeralds and save every level so if you die you can restart it. not hard at all with the new save feature. can't wait to do sonic 2 soon.

oh and i did the beta for red faction battlegrounds and i deleted it after 10 minutes. seemed like a very unpolished atari game that was just made to cross promote the new game. it should be free within a few months if its worth it even. but to each their own. i just beat yakuza 4 60+ hours and i loved every minute of it, but i hear people hate that game.

Yeah I did not even bother to see if I should have gotten a RFB unlock or not after hearing like 3 or 4 different podcasts shit all over it. People keep saying its so bad that its a detriment to the new RF game coming out because people will associate RF with crap now.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#6997 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:53 AM

Yeah I did not even bother to see if I should have gotten a RFB unlock or not after hearing like 3 or 4 different podcasts shit all over it. People keep saying its so bad that its a detriment to the new RF game coming out because people will associate RF with crap now.

Well, I'm playing Red Faction II on my PS3 right now and it's getting me excited for Rf: Armageddon (I know they are different genres but it's still the same universe), so screw Battlegrounds!

#6998 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:23 AM

It would be ridiculous to think Battlegrounds affects any part of Armageddon since it was made by a completely different developer with a completely different style of gameplay. It's not that bad, though not great either. It's an oddly empty game with no real single-player mode and poor online multiplayer support.

#6999 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

I got the red factions battleground. just saw it in the plus section to d/l when I checked last wednesday. I haven't been interested enough to fire it up.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#7000 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

It would be ridiculous to think Battlegrounds affects any part of Armageddon since it was made by a completely different developer with a completely different style of gameplay. It's not that bad, though not great either. It's an oddly empty game with no real single-player mode and poor online multiplayer support.

You saying you think the general consumer is intelligent and educated enough to even know different developers made the two different games? Face it people are stupid and judge things by brand names.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner

#7001 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

You saying you think the general consumer is intelligent and educated enough to even know different developers made the two different games? Face it people are stupid and judge things by brand names.

No, the average person has no clue Battlegrounds even exists (like Dead Space Ignition didn't affect Dead Space 2 at all). Do you have a link to people swearing off Armageddon or are the people that you were referring to hypothetical?

#7002 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

It was Rebel FM. They were talking about how they think the game was put out as early marketing for the next RF. They went on to say they think its horrible to put out such a bad game close to its release. I personally concur.

#7003 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Of course it was put out to promote Armageddon, but they're stupid to think it'll affect it at all.

#7004 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:30 AM

This week's "The Drop" is up. Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes finally hits PSN, as does Dungeon Hunter: Alliance.

http://blog.us.plays...11-new-releases
Posted Image

#7005 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:32 AM

Of course it was put out to promote Armageddon, but they're stupid to think it'll affect it at all.

You have a real tendency to disregard any opinion that is not your own.

#7006 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:06 AM

Having listened to the segment, they didn't seem to come off as hostile as you made them out to be since it came off as a throwaway statement.

You have a real tendency to disregard any opinion that is not your own.

I don't disregard them. I just call it like it is when it's a dumb thing to say, especially when it's a random podcast that has lots of weird, obtuse opinions like that. Am I supposed to blindly take Anthony's opinion as fact, which is how you portrayed it at first?

I've heard plenty of people say a demo/prequel severely damages a game's appeal and the game sells well anyway because the majority of the people buying don't pay attention to the internet hype/hate at all. To say that Battlegrounds will make people completely forget about Guerilla and associate Red Faction with crap when Armageddon comes out is hyperbole that ignores the reality that we live in where things available on XBL and PSN don't reach the majority of the audience out there.

#7007 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

http://blog.us.plays...11-new-releases

This week's The Drop:

PlayStation Portable

Patapon 3 (Also on PSN) — The brave Patapon tribe cross the recently constructed bridge at the end of Patapon 2. A mysterious box lies in their path and they combine their efforts to break it open. They successfully break open the box to release… the seven evil spirits! All the Patapons are turned to stone except for Hatapon. He has escaped the tragedy and finds a silver Hoshipon at the bottom of the box which gives him a new power to defeat the evil spirits: Superhero Patapon.

Patapon 3 introduces this new Superhero Patapon, which players can use to head into musical battle, devastating opponents with deadly, rhythmic attacks. Players will go on multiplayer Quest with friends or go head-to-head on an epic four-against-four battle against other Patapon clans with network play (up to eight players). Patapon is a fully customizable experience, with different weapons and abilities that combine music and dance to create the only multiplayer portable adventure full of rhythm and war.

PlayStation Network

Assassins Creed — The setting is 1191 AD. The Third Crusade is tearing the Holy Land apart. You, Altair, intend to stopthehostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. You are an Assassin, a warrior shrouded in secrecy and feared for yourruthlessness. Your actions can throw your immediate environment into chaos, and your existence will shape events during this pivotal moment in history.

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance — Join forces and drive back the darkness! Dungeon Hunter: Alliance is an epic quest set in a dark fantasy world, that you can revisit in intense multiplayer mode, local or online, with up to 4 players.

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes — Clash of Heroes is a puzzle RPG in the Might and Magic franchise. Utilizing an innovative and dynamic combat system based on puzzle mechanics, players explore highly detailed maps full of knights, elves, wizards, necromancers and demons and interact with a unique hand-drawn environment. Scattered across five different regions of Ashan, 5 special heroes must travel their own dangerous paths to grow in strength, unravel a demonic plot, and ultimately save the world from Chaos.

PSN Demos

The Fight: Lights Out
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Swarm

minis

3D Twist & Match — Developed by Sanuk Games Twist and Match is a 3D puzzle game that challenges your dexterity and imagination. You are tasked with rotating 3D objects to match their shaded silhouettes.

#7008 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:18 AM

Patron 3 will be mine...

#7009 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:36 AM

Don't stop with the PSOne games now! You guys have sold me like 10 games over the past three months.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#7010 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:20 AM

I think the only PS1 game that's rated but hasn't been released yet is Threads of Fate.

#7011 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:33 AM

I think the only PS1 game that's rated but hasn't been released yet is Threads of Fate.

Wasn't Parasite Eve 2 rated?

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#7012 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

http://www.esrb.org/...le=parasite eve

Not yet.

#7013 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Does anyone here know anything about Dungeon Hunter: Alliance? I did a quick search on CAG and didn't see anything, really. Looks like a typical action RPG loot game. How does it compare to something like Champions of Norrath or Baldur's Gate: DA? My wife and I really enjoyed those.

#7014 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:01 PM

It's the Gameloft version of those games. :lol:

#7015 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

And nothing free for Plus members this week? Or do I have to wait until tuesday for that?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#7016 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

Does anyone here know anything about Dungeon Hunter: Alliance? I did a quick search on CAG and didn't see anything, really. Looks like a typical action RPG loot game. How does it compare to something like Champions of Norrath or Baldur's Gate: DA? My wife and I really enjoyed those.

http://blog.us.plays...psn-this-april/

And nothing free for Plus members this week? Or do I have to wait until tuesday for that?

It's not really an update week for PS+, so there's nothing major coming out this week besides the Killzone 3 map pack.

#7017 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Thanks. I had read their propoganda/articles about it, was just looking for CAGs' take on the game based on what they knew about the developer and if anyone had tried it anywhere. Looks pretty good, but I'll wait for at least a few reviews just to make sure it's not broken somehow (i.e. very buggy or something).

#7018 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

I just got around to playing the demo of spare parts that came out back around january. A qucik thread search doesnt show the game having been on sale. Is it worth $9?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#7019 vherub

vherub

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

EU has a giant spring sale coming, don't know about the US
http://blog.eu.plays...ng-offers-2011/

#7020 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

this code was on the playstation blog you can use it to get a free item for patapon 3.limited time only while supplies last.

JCAF-CENE-ECN4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS+, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Network, PlayStation 3, PS3, PlayStation Vita, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Store