Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

What's in the PS Store (8/26/14): The Golf Club, Infamous First Light, Madden NFL 15, Metro Redux, OlliOlli, and More!

PSN PS+ PlayStation Plus PlayStation Network PlayStation 3 PS3 PlayStation Vita Vita PSP PlayStation Store

• Please log in to reply
10123 replies to this topic

#7171 ChalupaBatman

ChalupaBatman

Linsanityyyyy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

The PSN store is down for me atm

5r8h3bp.gif

#7172 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

I'm having all kinds of issues with the store(s) at the moment so I figured I'd ask here, did anyone get on the Japanese store yet?

ive tried a few times and it doesnt work as far as i know.

#7173 optimusprime8062

optimusprime8062

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

Oooo, we get some free movie rentals as well!

Ghostbusters
Final Fantasy The Spirits Within
Bad Boys

Why those movies, I don't know.

#7174 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:05 AM

They're in HD as well. Spirits Within is 6.5gb in HD. Yikes.

Had to sign out and back in to get my PS+ amenities to work (non-store stuff) so I uploaded some save files. Can someone tell me how the map packs will work after the expiration period? The warning about that stuff is confusing. I got all of the Themes and Avatars that I could for now.

My games were Dead Nation, Wipeout HD + Fury (Just for Fury, own everything else), Killzone Liberation and Modnation Racers.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#7175 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:20 AM

Tried again a few times tonight and I think the JP store is still down. I'm mostly just paranoid about the (I think) 2000 yen that I have still in there, I'm dying to see that they're still intact.

Maybe tomorrow.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#7176 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

http://blog.us.plays...e-it-june-14th/

Outland will be out on June 14.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7177 dallow

dallow

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

EU store has an Outland demo.
Seemed ok.

#7178 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

That would be a great box quote (if it had a box)

"Seemed ok" -dallow

Posted Image

#7179 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

I thought the same about Outland. Just reminded me of the original Prince of Persia games.

#7180 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

Anyone know what's included in the Assassin's Creed 2 deluxe edition compared to the standard retail version? I never played an Assassin's Creed, and I been meaning to pick one up. I noticed the deluxe edition dropped to $20.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7181 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

Anyone know what's included in the Assassin's Creed 2 deluxe edition compared to the standard retail version? I never played an Assassin's Creed, and I been meaning to pick one up. I noticed the deluxe edition dropped to $20.

The Deluxe edition is all of the content available for the game, which is 3 "lairs" and the 2 DLC story expansions released after launch.

The lairs are kind of like, the isolated little side missions that are very platform heavy. I had at least one of these at launch from a pre-order and I found it to be very entertaining little breaks from the game.

That said, if you haven't played any of the AC games, I highly recommend them. Although I really hated the first game's pacing, I think it's my favorite series of this generation
Spoiler

#7182 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

When you buy something you dont have to actually download it right? Like if you start the download then end it, it goes to your download list and thus you can download it any time you want right?

Also anyone else having problems getting their welcome back games still? I got the first PSP and the first PS3 game to start, but if I try and download the second for either it says I need to sign up for the welcome back program(which I already did)then error codes.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#7183 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

You don't even need to start the download. Once you get to the page where you can download it, it's attached to your account and should have the red bag next to its icon.

Try checking that your Welcome Back choices were redeemed properly.

Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7184 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

The Deluxe edition is all of the content available for the game, which is 3 "lairs" and the 2 DLC story expansions released after launch.

The lairs are kind of like, the isolated little side missions that are very platform heavy. I had at least one of these at launch from a pre-order and I found it to be very entertaining little breaks from the game.

That said, if you haven't played any of the AC games, I highly recommend them. Although I really hated the first game's pacing, I think it's my favorite series of this generation

Alright, thanks. Deciding if I should buy the first one or not now or just start with 2.
Posted Image

#7185 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Alright, thanks. Deciding if I should buy the first one or not now or just start with 2.

I started with the 2nd and it was great! You don't need to play the first to love the second game.

fs_overall.png

#7186 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

I too started with 2. I enjoyed it for the $30 I paid for it about a year ago. The plot is sort of... complex but whatever, the gameplay is a blast.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#7187 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

You don't even need to start the download. Once you get to the page where you can download it, it's attached to your account and should have the red bag next to its icon.

Try checking that your Welcome Back choices were redeemed properly.

Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion

Thanks. Will check after the MS E3 press conference ;)

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#7188 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

I started with the 2nd and it was great! You don't need to play the first to love the second game.

I too started with 2. I enjoyed it for the $30 I paid for it about a year ago. The plot is sort of... complex but whatever, the gameplay is a blast.

The story to the first game sets up the series, and I respect it for that, but it was a drag. What I've recommended in the past is if you can get your hands on AC1 to play the first 45 minutes or so (no trophies, so it won't clutter your list), then YouTube the rest of the story cutscenes before starting AC2. AC2 starts the minute that AC1 ends, so it's kind of important to have some idea what's going on, but I don't think you need to play the whole game.
Spoiler

#7189 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

I started with AC2 and didn't feel too confused at the beginning. It might help to have AC1 but you won't really know what you're missing if you don't see any of AC1 anyway, I think.

#7190 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

Count me in the "dont bother playing AC1" crowd. It sucked compared to 2 and Brotherhood.

I make more money in one year than Stotch will make in his lifetime.

Wrencrest.png

#7191 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

I started with AC2 and didn't feel too confused at the beginning. It might help to have AC1 but you won't really know what you're missing if you don't see any of AC1 anyway, I think.

what he said. i never played the first one and started with the second and will pick up brotherhood when it hits 20 and am looking foward to the final game. the main reason i didnt try one was because it sounded like the game was a bit repetitive and maybe the game needed another version to iron out all the bugs and really bring the experience where it is now.

#7192 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

Signed up for my first month of PS+ with the Welcome Back offer. Hoping it's worth it.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#7193 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

Signed up for my first month of PS+ with the Welcome Back offer. Hoping it's worth it.

best thing coming this month is the u3 mp beta.

#7194 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

Here's hoping the Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition DLC still drops tomorrow. That along with the MK costumes/fatalities would make my week.

#7195 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

Is there any way to pause a download, turn off the PS3 and resume later? I am trying to download inFamous and it is taking a comically long 550 minutes.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#7196 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

i've always turned the device off and it resumed when I turned it back on.
Posted Image

#7197 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

No need to pause or do anything with your download. It will start back as soon as you fire the system back up later.

#7198 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

best thing coming this month is the u3 mp beta.

I used it to download a bunch of themes so far as well as Sonic 2, Oddworld, and some of the free Mini's. If I can get a months worth of enjoyment out of them, I'll gladly buy a year - I've got the attention span of a four year old, and tend to jump around from game to game a lot.

First PSN "purchase" (not counting Infamous, Dead Nation, or the free membership) = Back To The Future.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#7199 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

Isn't there supposed to be an update today?
Posted Image

#7200 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

^The store always updates on Tuesday, but they don't usually post it until around 8 EST.

I thought we were supposed to get an update Yesterday. Also, usually they do a lot of E3 coverage. I guess that with the server traffic being as heavy as it's been they decided to just wait.
Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS+, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Network, PlayStation 3, PS3, PlayStation Vita, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Store