Photo
- - - - -

CAG Foreplay #41: Princess Sparkles of Funland (4/23/08)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

Shippy, we need more gaming stories aside from just deals. i like it when you guys bitch about a bad game. :)
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#32 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:56 AM

Will this late show be "previewing" this week's releases, or do you have next week's previews ready? By most accounts, only two games were released this week, and one was way back on Sunday.

Have you guys considered the benefits of regularly doing a show on Friday or Saturday? It would give listeners time to actually listen before they rush out and buy games on release day. It would make for a large gap in the week if the CAGcast and CAG Foreplay were released within the say timeframe... but the CAGcast could easily be moved to Mondays. That show is less time-specific and a weekend recording schedule might be easier for the hardest working wombat in show business.

A show this late in the week will give a more timely announcement on the Playstation store... but do you guys have Virtual Console and XBL release schedules in advance, or would this change just flip which console gets neglected?

As for other questions, aside from Crazy Bert's, have you found any other specialty shops that do a good job catering to gamers? I've been to a shop in a mall just outside Kansas City that has used games from just about all consoles, back to the Atari 2600. Prices weren't too amazing, probably due to the mall overhead, but were better than the Gamestop further down the walkway.

And how is Shipwreck doing in terms of playing 360/PS3/Wii games? Do they sit around unopened as much as his last-gen collection? If he played Meet The Robinsons already, he must play everything right away, huh?

#33 mrs. shipwreck

mrs. shipwreck

CAG Foreplayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

Will this late show be "previewing" this week's releases, or do you have next week's previews ready? By most accounts, only two games were released this week, and one was way back on Sunday.

Is that counting Let's Yoga! and Let's Pilates! as one title or two?:D
Posted Image

#34 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

Is that counting Let's Yoga! and Let's Pilates! as one title or two?:D

Those transend the simple title of "game" to a higher, universally honored echelon of pure entertainment for the masses.

If only they'd make a Dragonball Pilates game...

#35 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

The CAGcast is coming out early again this week, so we've kind of flip-flopped the order of the shows again this week. So CAG Foreplay will be coming out a little later in the week.

If you have any questions you'd like us to answer on the show, go ahead and leave some in this thread, as we've already got the rest of the show planned out and could spend the extra time answering anything you guys feel you'd like our opinions on.

Thoughts on GTA IV and whether you suscribe to Cat Fancy magazine... why or why not. Thanks.
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#36 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

If only they'd make a Dragonball Pilates game...

you know, that's a good idea actually. get those fat kids to work out to their fave anime characters.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#37 outlawmoogle

outlawmoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

The CAGcast is coming out early again this week, so we've kind of flip-flopped the order of the shows again this week. So CAG Foreplay will be coming out a little later in the week.

If you have any questions you'd like us to answer on the show, go ahead and leave some in this thread, as we've already got the rest of the show planned out and could spend the extra time answering anything you guys feel you'd like our opinions on.

How much does Gamepedia say your collection is worth Shipwreck? And how much have you saved (if you use the "Paid" field)?

Posted Image

"Alita! Oh, snapplecakes! She soooo foine!"

#38 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

Is Mrs. Shipwreck watching you play GTA or she is continuing on with Final Fantasy 9? If so, where is she in the game and is she sick of random battles yet?

#39 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:09 AM

And why doesn't Mrs. Shipwreck complain about the time you play games or the amount you spend on games? Maybe that's just my wife.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#40 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:57 PM

Two potentially interesting games have come out over the last few weeks for the DS. They are Rondo of Sword and The World Ends With You.

At $40, I think TWEWY is a bit pricey for a DS game, but CC will have it on sale for $30 starting Sunday and I was thinking of picking it up. Have either of you played it yet? The Penny Arcade guys seem to be enjoying it, I'd like to know what others think. Edit to add: I think that the PA guys mentioned that there was some online play with it, that has potential to be cool...

Rondo of Swords is an Atlus game, so it'll probably be good, though it looks like it's an RTS, and I haven't had much luck with those lately. Any thoughts?

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#41 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:21 AM

What does Mrs. Ship think of GTA IV? About the way women are portrayed. I was listening to another podcast and someone said that their girlfriend thought the game was good but that all of the strippers and the hookers made her not want to play the game.
Posted Image

#42 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

Here's my question - Where's the show?

#43 pelf21

pelf21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:06 AM

we demand more CAG Foreplay!

#44 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:12 AM

It's in post production.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#45 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:52 AM

Here's my question - Where's the show?

Yeah, I can't do homework without it. Do you guys really want to be responsible for me failing college?:lol:
Posted Image