All In-Store Walmart Deals go HERE. The official YMMV Walmart clearance thread.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Given the extreme YMMV nature of Walmart deals/clearances, it makes absolutely no sense to make a new thread every time someone finds a new deal at their local Walmart. So, if you happen to find a good deal, save the forum some clutter and post in this thread.

Please include the store location (City, state, etc), as well as the item and price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr_hockey66']should be magical walmart deals[/quote]

Either way, it will hopefully reduce the clutter of the the random WM deal posts by having them in one thread.

I've honestly never seen a real Wal-mart video game clearance with my own eyes...might be because I don't really shop at Wal-Mart. One time I found Double Dash and Partners in Time in this "$19.99" bin but they wouldn't honor it!

wont it be better to put walmart deal under regional deal? Unlike the other clearance store (kmart, target, sears) you have to go to the same store to get the deal.

[quote name='62t']wont it be better to put walmart deal under regional deal? Unlike the other clearance store (kmart, target, sears) you have to go to the same store to get the deal.[/QUOTE]

And still have 30 Wal-Mart threads?

I approve, sp00ge.

Walmart in Los Angeles - "ghetto Walmart" in the Crenshaw Plaza:

$25 for WiiPlay
$19.87 for Hoshigami DS
$20 for Blazing Angels PS3 and some of the ghetto fabulous PS3 sports games (NBA 2K7, one of the hockey games).

This was last week; there were still multiple copies of Hoshigami left (took the last 2 WiiPlays).

[quote name='62t']wont it be better to put walmart deal under regional deal? Unlike the other clearance store (kmart, target, sears) you have to go to the same store to get the deal.[/quote]

WRONG. Once it starts clearance pricing one place, you'll likely see it all over the place on clearance as well. Maybe not at the same price and maybe not at the same time. So is the first 3 pages of the thread going to be the same tired debate?

I'll join the sob story wagon and say that I never find anything good at a Walmart. And I've got about four within what I would consider reasonable striking distance. Good thread, though.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']And still have 30 Wal-Mart threads?

I approve, sp00ge.[/QUOTE]
there are only 6 regions, so 6 if one walmart topic per region.

[quote name='turls']WRONG. Once it starts clearance pricing one place, you'll likely see it all over the place on clearance as well. Maybe not at the same price and maybe not at the same time. So is the first 3 pages of the thread going to be the same tired debate?[/QUOTE]

Walmart clearance are up to individual store. I remember getting nintendogs for $15 at one store, and every other walmart is selling it at full price. One store might be marking down recent games that no other store will mark down for a long time.

[quote name='62t']there are only 6 regions, so 6 if one walmart topic per region.

Walmart clearance are up to individual store. I remember getting nintendogs for $15 at one store, and every other walmart is selling it at full price. One store might be marking down recent games that no other store will mark down for a long time.[/quote]

Ok explain how I see the same stuff in different states on clearance then? And besides, in an earlier thread somebody explains how it works, and it has something to do with a list that goes out. The black Xbox 360 peripherals are a great example. So unless you've got proof, I'm not buying it.

Thank GOD!!!!

I've thought about starting one of these for ages.... far too many extreme (read: one of a kind) Wal-mart 'deals' have been clogging the forums the past few months. Glad to see things are going to change.

Great idea OP. Too bad this sorta stuff can't be posted in the regional deals forums, but ah well... that goes with an exploding and unfamiliar user-base.

One thing that I've learned about Walmart clearance deals is that many items will be marked down at multiple locations, but the amount of markdown, clearance schedule, and availability seem to vary wildly. Similar to the Best Buy clearance theory, clearances seem to occur more frequently and have a more aggressive rate of price reduction for stores of smaller volume, size, and market.

Also, clearances can be determined automatically (from the corporate inventory system), or by department & store management. I've seen a store manager mark down each item on four clearance floats in the front of the store to $1 on a whim. I walked out with 5 Crossman BB guns, two floodlights, 4 baseball bats, and 6 PC games.. all only $1 a piece (of course, that's a bit of an extreme situation.. and very "right place, right time"... mullets soon began to swarm the area like nobody's business).

Most stores are notorious for ignoring price updates for games. If you see a stack of 5 year old games tucked away in the back of a case, chances are a few are marked down but not stickered. Of course, that's a crapshoot. Some will sit for years at full MSRP (one local Walmart carried Suikoden II for 2 years after printing ceased @ $49.99, and they only started selling after Ebay prices inflated).

Also, depending upon the department manager.. some stores may have boxes full of "consolidated" backstock sitting on a couple floats in the back. If you know a couple of employees at a local store, it may be worth the trouble to get them to look into it. This also depends on the age of the store, and the amount of shelf space for the games (as older software is taken to the back to make room for new mainstream releases). Other chains without their proverbial "shit together" (Kmart being a great example) can have boxes of really old backstock sitting in the back (we're talking Saturn or PS1 games, due to the poor inventory management & control).

So hopefully this info will help someone. It IS all dependent upon the market, size, and location of each store; however, some clearances will be at many given stores across different regions (just at different price increments). Keep in mind.. distribution centers are the ones who get all of a certain item.. and general logic would dictate that the quantity of an item would be distributed evenly across all stores in respect to the size of the store/volume sales/etc etc. That's why all Walmart stores have an assload of merchandise with Billy Mays and "as seen on TV!" stickers plastered on the packaging :)

[quote name='turls']Ok explain how I see the same stuff in different states on clearance then? And besides, in an earlier thread somebody explains how it works, and it has something to do with a list that goes out. The black Xbox 360 peripherals are a great example. So unless you've got proof, I'm not buying it.[/QUOTE]

I just gave you the example of nintendogs. someone posted Wii Play for $25. Do you really thing thats on the list? Markdowns are up to individual store.

I have yet to be a cheapass at any Wal-mart. I still have my $10 online giftcard from the SSBB price glitch thing unused.

I was at a Wal-Mart slightly outside the boundaries of my usual haunts over the weekend and got really excited when I stumbled upon a giant "Clearance" rack at the end of one of the aisles. This magical area contained gems such as Excite Truck for $49.99, PS2 Greatest Hits titles for $19.99, and my personal favorite, Madden 2004 for Playstation 1 for $29.99. No I won't tell you where it is, I want it all to myself!!!

[quote name='NAmato']I was at a Wal-Mart slightly outside the boundaries of my usual haunts over the weekend and got really excited when I stumbled upon a giant "Clearance" rack at the end of one of the aisles. This magical area contained gems such as Excite Truck for $49.99, PS2 Greatest Hits titles for $19.99, and my personal favorite, Madden 2004 for Playstation 1 for $29.99. No I won't tell you where it is, I want it all to myself!!![/quote]

Yep, this sounds exactly like the "clearance" area I found at the local WM stores. It was mostly Wii shovelware and greatest hits stuff, all for retail. And about 10 copies of a Tiger Woods game for PS1.

This thread is a great idea, sp00ge. Kudos to you for making it.

Sucks, of course, that we need a thread for a major B&M retailer, whose deals are almost always YMMV.

[quote name='Zygote']360 for $10 at Irving, TX

Spiderman 3
Cabelas Alaskan Adventures[/quote]

I almost crapped my pants when i read the first sentence. lol. i thought the system was ten bucks.lol. i need to go to sleep.

$10 jewel case games in the PC games section:

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (DVD)
Star Wars Republic Commando (DVD)
Star Wars Battlefront II (DVD)
Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection

This was in Las Vegas, NV.

[quote name='NAmato']Madden 2004 for Playstation 1 for $29.99. No I won't tell you where it is, I want it all to myself!!![/quote]

What.. the.. fuck? Those should be on a table, outside of the store with a sign that says 'PLEASE TAKE ME'

[quote name='DrNo888']They should be donated to the homeless so they can burn and have some heat during winter months.[/quote]

ya, the plastic would kill them, that would not be cool.

I swear I was gonna make this last week. I didn't know if it'd be a good idea or not.
I think it'd be good to re-mention Grigmiore and Shining Force EXA, both for PS2 for 20.00. Clearance or not, it's pretty universal.
Also I saw a Play Amp by Logitech for PSP was 15.00. This was Apache Junction, AZ. Also the DS and GBA holiday bundles with the carrying case were 14.99. This seems to be a universal drop though.

In 2005 I found dreamcast games at a NEW Walmart. I kid you not. Apparently, they had been transfered from an older store that had been shut down.

2005, folks.

[quote name='62t']I just gave you the example of nintendogs. someone posted Wii Play for $25. Do you really thing thats on the list? Markdowns are up to individual store.[/quote]

Never mind. You missed the other part of the argument. I didn't mean proof of YMMV, I meant proof there was never the same item on clearance in multiple stores in different areas. Which over the years have included black 360 peripherals, Gameboy Players, Playstation 2 HDs just to name a couple off the top of my head.

Video Now Players for 3$ (toy department)

I saw 2 young employees marking all the stuff down in toys, said they were given a $3000 limit to work with, but thought they would go over that. So its true that walmart gives stores a set amount of dollars to clearance and then distributes that over the various items on the clearance piles. Not 5 min after I got to the clearance toys the resellers hit and started snapping up everything in sight and loading down 2-3 carts each, strangely they were taking all the walmart off brand toys and leaving the good stuff behind.

The clearance values they assign to the items seem to be pretty arbitrary, they have the employee walk around with a price scanner, scan each item, then assign a value to it on their own, they are like, ok this item is 1$, this is 3$ etc.. There is no markdown schedule sent from corporate.

The values are based on walmarts original pricing though, which for some items, isn't all that great!

No I don't work for walmart and never had, I just stayed in the toy aisle long enough to overhear the 2 clerks talking. This was clearly a case of being in the right place at the right time.

[quote name='Sinnbox']ya, the plastic would kill them, that would not be cool.[/quote]

Yeah but that's like killing 2 bums with one stone.

[quote name='turls']Never mind. You missed the other part of the argument. I didn't mean proof of YMMV, I meant proof there was never the same item on clearance in multiple stores in different areas. Which over the years have included black 360 peripherals, Gameboy Players, Playstation 2 HDs just to name a couple off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

i see you point but people are posting whatever deal they can find, and not just clearance stuff. If people are just posting local deals then it should go to regional section.

[quote name='62t']i see you point but people are posting whatever deal they can find, and not just clearance stuff. If people are just posting local deals then it should go to regional section.[/quote]

How do you know the difference? Wait until somebody is in two different states to verify they got XXX at 19.99 and XXX at 14.99 at a different Wal-Mart? I'd rather filter it myself so I know what to watch out for in the coming days/weeks/months. If they put everything that was clearance in one place it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but in my experience that isn't the case.

[quote name='cranguy']Lexington, VA:

Halo 2 for $19.82

which I believe is $10 below MSRP, so an OK deal if you need a new copy.[/quote]

no thats was "HQ" mark down that went down a few weeks.

:360:

Spotted this in Wake Forest, NC. Shelf label clearly read $39.99 as a non-sale, non-clearance price. Walmart website says $59.99, so at the very least this B&M only and as always with Walmart this is extremely YMMV.

I found Project Sylpheed and Earth Defense force 2017 for $8.96 each at the wal-mart in Lithonia, GA, extreme YMMV.

[quote name='Pinnacle']In 2005 I found dreamcast games at a NEW Walmart. I kid you not. Apparently, they had been transfered from an older store that had been shut down.

2005, folks.[/quote]

The wal-mart I just listed also has a sealed copy of mario party 3 (n64) for sale.

[quote name='NAmato'] Madden 2004 for Playstation 1 for $29.99. No I won't tell you where it is, I want it all to myself!!![/quote]

The $19.99 bin at our Walmart had (has) a copy of March Madness 2004 (with Melo on the cover) for PS2 still.

Princeton, NJ location-- about 4 days ago:

Wii USB Lan adapter - $5
Xbox LIVE 12 month Vision Cam Bundle - $40

not bad, eh? They usually have nothing good but I got lucky this time.

Oh once they had a PS2 eyetoy for $7, that was good too

Pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but I got Tales of the Abyss for PS2 at $19.82 at the Wal-Mart in Union City, GA yesterday

bread's done
Back