PS3 Unreal Tournament III $31 @ Amazon.com or $30 @ Target.com

I just got back from target and tried to pricematch the online price and they refused. Too bad they don't have a buy online and instore pickup option.

[quote name='kobeisgod']I just got back from target and tried to pricematch the online price and they refused. Too bad they don't have a buy online and instore pickup option.[/QUOTE]

After the PSP slim bundle discount price fiasco from their website, I gave up PM-ing at Target stores. I don't think Target ever pricematches anything at all.

Shipping + tax makes purchasing it from Amazon.com directly almost the same option. $34.37 w/tax and $3 shipping from Target.com via Amazon.com.

If you have Amazon Prime, it's cheaper to buy it from Amazon.com directly when comparing shipping speeds than from Target.com or via Amazon.com.

Amazon has it for 30.99 now so it's cheaper that way than the target route especially if you chose free shipping and if Amazon doesn't charge tax in your state.

[quote name='flames_of_chaos']Amazon has it for 30.99 now so it's cheaper that way than the target route especially if you chose free shipping and if Amazon doesn't charge tax in your state.[/quote]

oh snap!

Seriously tho, I had no idea UTIII was available anywhere for ~$30 so thanks OP, and thanks repliers.

[quote name='flames_of_chaos']Amazon has it for 30.99 now so it's cheaper that way than the target route especially if you chose free shipping and if Amazon doesn't charge tax in your state.[/quote]When I made my post, it was still $39.99. Guess they dropped it right afterwards.

Good deal I assume. I use to be a hardcore UT04 player, but after playing the demo for UT3 and hearing mixed reviews, and seeing the lower number of PC based players, I decided to pass on this UT title. Maybe once it gets to $20 I'll bite...maybe.

I love UT3 on the ps3 but Im gonna wait until microsoft comes out and says that there will definitely not be any mods ever for the 360 version before I buy it on the ps3.

I seriously doubt it. Microsoft seems to consider the 360 to be a totally closed platform...heck, they won't even let other companies make 360-compatible wireless headsets. I can't see them suddenly allowing users to put their own content on the hard drive, judging by their draconian DRM.

I played this for a short bit when my nephew brought his copy over. I really enjoyed it - it was simple run-and-gun familiar fun. I played a ton of ctf on the original and pretty much only instagib fragball on 2k4 I guess it was. I just jumped on it - can't wait to start playing it.

[quote name='silks']I seriously doubt it. Microsoft seems to consider the 360 to be a totally closed platform...heck, they won't even let other companies make 360-compatible wireless headsets. I can't see them suddenly allowing users to put their own content on the hard drive, judging by their draconian DRM.[/quote]

Epic already said that they will be allowing users to download the best mods available on the 360. IMO that is better, as we don't have to sift through crap to find the goos stuff.

[quote name='help1']Epic already said that they will be allowing users to download the best mods available on the 360. IMO that is better, as we don't have to sift through crap to find the goos stuff.[/quote]

So in other words you will have to pay to download "the best" mods off XBL? Whats with the excitement for this title coming to 360 anyway? Didn't seem to make much of a splash in the PS3 market... 30$ new is hard to pass up though.

[quote name='help1']Epic already said that they will be allowing users to download the best mods available on the 360. IMO that is better, as we don't have to sift through crap to find the goos stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have access to all of them. That is 100% spin.

[quote name='help1']Epic already said that they will be allowing users to download the best mods available on the 360. IMO that is better, as we don't have to sift through crap to find the goos stuff.[/quote]

You also forgot some important facts:

The mods could cost something since it's being shared via marketplace
The mods gotta go through certification process (you gotta wait, possibly and most likely weeks)
Since there's a certification process there might be a limit what the mods can contain

On a sidenote the 360 version will probably cost 60$ when it comes in a few months. And as a CAG you should care about the price.

I picked this up at my local Target (Fairlawn, Ohio) for $24.99 plus the $5 off coupon as I was buying something else anyways...so I got it for $19.99. This was two weeks ago or so. You may want to see if you're local target has it on clearance first.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I picked this up at my local Target (Fairlawn, Ohio) for $24.99 plus the $5 off coupon as I was buying something else anyways...so I got it for $19.99. This was two weeks ago or so. You may want to see if you're local target has it on clearance first.[/quote]

I printed the page with the availability window, so if Target doesn't want to honor their own price for me, I'll just have BB PM and use one of my rewards certs and still get points. I still win!

[quote name='barom']
Since there's a certification process there might be a limit what the mods can contain

On a sidenote the 360 version will probably cost 60$ when it comes in a few months. And as a CAG you should care about the price.[/QUOTE]

What's more important, price or quality? Lots of people passed on the PS3 version of VF5 when it was on sale at Play Asia because it lacks the online play of the 360 game. The 360 version of UT3 is unlikely to be miles ahead of the PS3 game, but it doesn't hurt to wait and see what improvements they add. I agree that the implementation of mods on 360 could end up being lame, but we won't know until the reviews come in.

[quote name='eastx']What's more important, price or quality? Lots of people passed on the PS3 version of VF5 when it was on sale at Play Asia because it lacks the online play of the 360 game. The 360 version of UT3 is unlikely to be miles ahead of the PS3 game, but it doesn't hurt to wait and see what improvements they add. I agree that the implementation of mods on 360 could end up being lame, but we won't know until the reviews come in.[/QUOTE]

You won't know until the first mods are released on xbox live 3-6 months after release.

[quote name='rodeojones903']You won't know until the first mods are released on xbox live 3-6 months after release.[/QUOTE]

That's just conjecture. I'd almost label it FUD, but we'll stick with conjecture.

there's online play. I think he was just saying that the ps3 version of vf5 was cheap when the 360 version was out. There's online and user content (if a pain still to add). In the end it works out well. Still need content providers to "cook" it for the ps3. There's some great dm maps.

[quote name='shadylane']oh so there isn't any online play for the ps3 version? and how do you go about getting those mods for the ps3?[/QUOTE]

No no, there's no online play in the PS3 version of Virtua Fighter 5. I was just pointing out how buying the cheapest version automatically without considering the pros and cons is not always wise. And like I said, the 360 will probably not have any big advantages over the PS3 game.

As for the PS3 mods, I believe you have to download them from the PS3's web browser or a PC. You can't do it from in-game or the PSN store, right?

[quote name='eastx']No no, there's no online play in the PS3 version of Virtua Fighter 5. I was just pointing out how buying the cheapest version automatically without considering the pros and cons is not always wise. And like I said, the 360 will probably not have any big advantages over the PS3 game.

As for the PS3 mods, I believe you have to download them from the PS3's web browser or a PC. You can't do it from in-game or the PSN store, right?[/quote]

nope, can't do it in game. makes sense though because like the pc ut3 it's not standardized like the psn store or live marketplace. So you can get content from anywhere on the internet it's hosted.

[quote name='eastx']No no, there's no online play in the PS3 version of Virtua Fighter 5. I was just pointing out how buying the cheapest version automatically without considering the pros and cons is not always wise. And like I said, the 360 will probably not have any big advantages over the PS3 game.

As for the PS3 mods, I believe you have to download them from the PS3's web browser or a PC. You can't do it from in-game or the PSN store, right?[/quote]

I don't know about the mod to make you look like the girl from Metroid, but there is a downloadable map pack (3 maps) available at the PSN store...and it's free.

totally worth it i got it a week & a half ago when gamestop had their 25% off used games coupon,you wont be disappointed u might see me online i have the Old Snake from MGS4 mod happy fragging :)

bread's done
Back