Photo
- - - - -

SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

• Please log in to reply
1418 replies to this topic

#91 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:59 AM

damn I bet they'll never add people like Albert King, B.B. King and Z.Z. Hill.. damn I need a Singstar blues version... or perhaps rock band could add these guys.. one day.
Posted Image

#92 bendeco45

bendeco45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

played it for the first time last night. i went through a few of the songs that come with the game...

DMB - Crash
Killers - Mr. Brightside
Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin

Crash was by far the easiest of the 3. Mr. Brightside and Don't Feel Like Dancin were tough as i didn't know all the words. i killed the falsetto in Don't Feel Like Dancin though :)

i downloaded 4 songs before i went to bed, but the GF was asleep and i didn't want to wake her when i was rocking out. i'll be give them a try tonight though...

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
David Bowie - Life On Mars?
Duran Duran - The Reflex
Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind

songs that i considered getting, but decided to pass on:

Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
David Lee Roth - Just A Gigolo - I Ain't Got Nobody
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
Faith No More - Easy (if they had the Commodores' version i woulda pulled the trigger)
Fray, The - How To Save A Life
Golden Earring - Radar Love
KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
Radiohead - High And Dry
Toto - Hold The Line

like others have said, there's a potential to drop some coin on this DLC, so i have to try and keep my spending in check. there are several songs in the store that are available in the older games though, so i have them already, but i'd have to fire up the PS2 to play them. it'd be nice to have them all on the same game/system, but not enough to justify paying for them again.

i wonder if they're going to release more discs, or if everything will end up being DLC.

#93 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

A Volume 2 should arrive near the Holiday season, but most songs will be download.
Posted Image

#94 bendeco45

bendeco45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

it's almost better that way, cause there's usually 5-10 songs on each disc that i have no desire to sing, so why pay $40 for the game when you can download 20 songs for less than that anyways.

i was disappointed that they never released a Singstar:Ballads for the PS2. i saw a British version, but it never made it to the States.

#95 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

Any ideas on how often the singstore will be updated with new content?

#96 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

Any ideas on how often the singstore will be updated with new content?

Every week or two.
Posted Image

#97 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

I just uploaded a SingStar video (singing R.E.M. "Losing my Religion"). Only those on my buddy list will be able to see it at the moment. ;)
Posted Image

#98 laparka72

laparka72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:44 PM

this game is awesome.
My current top three scores are for:

Joy Division: Love Will Tear Us Apart
Suede: Beautiful Ones
David Bowie: Life on Mars

I am almost there with Editors' "Munich"

Fun fun game. The wife and pals love battling each other. Finally, something we can all play!
---
que?

#99 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

Picked it up this morning. Enjoying it so far but wished there were more songs included from the get go. Hope those PSN cards come out soon

#100 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:31 PM

I've been looking into a music / rhythm game and really wanted Rock Band, but you guys are making me think I should just go this route. I enjoy singing and only want Rock Band for the drums (I have Guitar Hero II for 360), but I have an electric drum kit already so I'm not sure I need all that setup.

I assume Singstar is a good party game? Also, do I need the PS Eye for the cam or can I use something different (like my XBox Cam) or original Eye Toy cam?

#101 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:04 AM

Since I was able to check friend's of friend's list, I saw Cheapy's video. ;) I enjoyed watching it.

I'll upload more videos which are more exciting (I was a bit serious with the one I uploaded).
Posted Image

#102 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:30 AM

What is everyone's overall thoughts of this game? Is it worth it? Any regrets?
I've been looking for a good karaoke game and this one seems right up my alley. I'm just looking for something that will be fun at parties or just to play on a weekend with my wife.

#103 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:24 AM

What is everyone's overall thoughts of this game? Is it worth it? Any regrets?
I've been looking for a good karaoke game and this one seems right up my alley. I'm just looking for something that will be fun at parties or just to play on a weekend with my wife.

IMO, this is the perfect one. Awesome online community, great music, and easy to get into especially if you love music.
Posted Image

#104 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

IMO, this is the perfect one. Awesome online community, great music, and easy to get into especially if you love music.

Cool, thanks.

#105 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, its perfect. Damn, I need to buy all those songs. My job doesn't start till summer...

#106 ZipGun47

ZipGun47

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:55 AM

Getting seriously aggravated with this game; the night I got it, I began downloading a bunch of tracks but didn't have time to finish. Since then, I have not been able to connect to the Singstar store, despite being able to log in as normal on PSN. Just repeated timeouts, with error codes like UE 2-10 and SS4. Anyone else encounter this?

#107 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:20 PM

As much as I love the songs available, I want to download new songs. I'm paying through my dads CC which is fine, but SingStar online is SO DAMN slow for me and freezes all the time. Its crazy.

As for highest score:

HARD:
Coldplay-Clocks

#108 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:56 PM

As much as I love the songs available, I want to download new songs. I'm paying through my dads CC which is fine, but SingStar online is SO DAMN slow for me and freezes all the time. Its crazy.

As for highest score:

HARD:
Coldplay-Clocks

Yeah, the online freezes at times, or else I have those times it will just keep loading (so I exit back to the main menu).

Yeah, there are a bunch of awesome songs. :D I hope you upload some songs you sung to (you can keep it to where only friends can hear it, which is what I do).
Posted Image

#109 kleptoix

kleptoix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:00 AM

just got the game, I guess I should've read what songs were on the disk before I hit the store, I bought blind melon from the store! damn, thats a waste of $1.49. oh well. As for the game itself I'll wait til the mrs plays it to give the final rating but as of now, so far so good. The online videos are pretty funny as well.

#110 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:32 AM

Getting seriously aggravated with this game; the night I got it, I began downloading a bunch of tracks but didn't have time to finish. Since then, I have not been able to connect to the Singstar store, despite being able to log in as normal on PSN. Just repeated timeouts, with error codes like UE 2-10 and SS4. Anyone else encounter this?

Im having the same problem.

#111 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:48 AM

Im having the same problem.

I think there's a serious issue right now, because I had more issues today than usual. Maybe try back tomorrow.
Posted Image

#112 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:31 AM

Yeah, the online freezes at times, or else I have those times it will just keep loading (so I exit back to the main menu).

Yeah, there are a bunch of awesome songs. :D I hope you upload some songs you sung to (you can keep it to where only friends can hear it, which is what I do).

Yeah, I uploaded Beautiful Day, Clocks and Back to Black. Its not my highest score Clocks performance though. And they're only audio.

And Mana, how do I view your performances? I don't know how to find any of my friends stuff...

#113 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:50 AM

Yeah, I uploaded Beautiful Day, Clocks and Back to Black. Its not my highest score Clocks performance though. And they're only audio.

And Mana, how do I view your performances? I don't know how to find any of my friends stuff...

Go under the SingStar community stuff, and say you want to view others in the SingStar community (forgot the exact name). Once you see a list of people, press triangle to view your friends. By doing so, you can view friends of friends stuff too.
Posted Image

#114 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:54 AM

So is it true that all video clips are capped at 30 seconds max?
That seems like a big downer to me.

#115 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

I think there's a serious issue right now, because I had more issues today than usual. Maybe try back tomorrow.

I actually think it has to do with the wireless connection because once I plugged in the ethernet cable, I downloaded the songs without any problems or disconnects. Afterwards I went back to wireless and I connected just fine so it might have just been an issue with Singstar Store.

Edit: This game is awesome btw. Just what I was looking for.

#116 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, last night the online was just junk. I tried to get some more songs and it wouldn't let me purchase. Previews took like minutes to come up too.
Posted Image

#117 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:10 PM

Doesn't seem to be all that much better right now. I signed in to PSN no problem, but if the login to Singstar works, it takes a few minutes...
I'll keep trying, because I really want to buy these songs.

#118 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

just got the game, I guess I should've read what songs were on the disk before I hit the store, I bought blind melon from the store! damn, thats a waste of $1.49. oh well. As for the game itself I'll wait til the mrs plays it to give the final rating but as of now, so far so good. The online videos are pretty funny as well.

It warns you if the song is on the disc :roll:

#119 kleptoix

kleptoix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:08 AM

It warns you if the song is on the disc :roll:

hmm, I must've missed the warning too. when and where do they warn you? damn I dont know what I was thinking. Should've just bought whitney houston! oh well, you live and learn.

#120 DarthPuma

DarthPuma

RAP GAME DENNIS LEARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

I can't find the game only version of this anywhere! >.<