Photo
- - - - -

SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

• Please log in to reply
1418 replies to this topic

#1411 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

Network outage really killed this thread, but then again it looks like Sony has done enough to kill SingStar on their own :cold:

Here's the Euro update for this week, so at least they haven't completely abandoned the game

Spoiler

The real reason I came was to post about "Everybody Dance" aka "DanceStar Party" that was announced at E3. It got a small mention and a logo during the Sony conference and not much other coverage. There is an article over on the PS Euro Blog though http://blog.eu.plays...e3-2011-moving/ It's essentially Sony's Just Dance clone and the apparent replacement for SingStar Dance.
It's being made by London Studio, and I've seen a screenshot or two with them showing the SingStar lyrics system in the game. So who knows what direction they'll take with this in regards to keeping two franchises or molding it all into one.

#1412 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Network outage really killed this thread, but then again it looks like Sony has done enough to kill SingStar on their own :cold:

Here's the Euro update for this week, so at least they haven't completely abandoned the game

Spoiler

The real reason I came was to post about "Everybody Dance" aka "DanceStar Party" that was announced at E3. It got a small mention and a logo during the Sony conference and not much other coverage. There is an article over on the PS Euro Blog though http://blog.eu.plays...e3-2011-moving/ It's essentially Sony's Just Dance clone and the apparent replacement for SingStar Dance.
It's being made by London Studio, and I've seen a screenshot or two with them showing the SingStar lyrics system in the game. So who knows what direction they'll take with this in regards to keeping two franchises or molding it all into one.

Kid Cudi Day ‘N’ Nite
Kosheen Hide U
Propellerheads feat.Shirley Bassey History Repeating

For me, provided we get those...

I'm just glad Sony is still somewhat supporting Singstar, albeit barely. Microsoft completely stopped any DLC for Lips back in April, leaving a good number of fans in the dark about it.

#1413 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

Looks like we got the euro update. The motor city pack is solid. Several songs aren't playing video previews from the store however...

#1414 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

This week's euro update. Only showing the English stuff on here since we rarely (if ever) get the foreign languages.

Spoiler

Mehhhhh.

#1415 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

So when my old ps3 started to die, I dactivated it, and bought a new one. I dusted off singstart last night, and realized I was missing my singstart DLC. So I went to re-download it, but it won't let me. Is there anyway to get these songs back? Don't tell me $50 worth of SingStar songs are gone forever!

And to boot, I was tipsy enough to go ahead a re-buy one of the songs, but it won't let you rebuy them, saying you already own them.

Google says I have to phone sony and provide proof that old ps3 is out of commission... that might be hard to do, seeing as when it died, I did the heat gun trick and gave it to EB Games :). Anyone know what sort of Proof Sony needs? This all seems a little over the top for DRM; why not just lock the songs to the account like they do with all their games?

~S
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.

#1416 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

You do indeed have to call Sony and my memory is a little fuzzy, but I think they just need the info for the new console. Not entirely certain though. When I called, it took a day or two before they were bound to my newer console and I didn't receive notification or anything; I just had to check it every once and a while.
Posted Image

#1417 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:06 AM

I sent them an email when my OG ps3 died and I replaced it with a slim, and the turnaround time was pretty quick. Can't find any threads from the Official SingStar forum which is where I probably got my info, but I'm pretty sure it was just the "Contact Us" link on the Playstation website.

#1418 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

I just picked Singlstar PS3 up as gift for my niece. Can the old Singlstar PS2 songs can be downloaded/used on the PS3 version?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check my GameFly Referral link here ;)

#1419 jrsmaster411

jrsmaster411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

I just picked Singlstar PS3 up as gift for my niece. Can the old Singlstar PS2 songs can be downloaded/used on the PS3 version?

press select on the song choosing menu and it'll ask you to switch disks. unfortunately there's no way to copy them to your hard drive so you have to switch disks every time you want to play something on a different disk.