Photo
- - - - -

SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

• Please log in to reply
1418 replies to this topic

#121 MrBrando

MrBrando

I pity the fool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:25 AM

So I just uploaded some videos and I have to say I LOVE this aspect of the game. I can't wait till I can convince more people to come over and play this. Rock band needs to get this feature!

#122 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:00 AM

Just got this game. Boy do I suck. Lol. Oh well. I'll see about trying to upload a video or two. I tried finding Cheapy but going through the list of C took forever so I gave up and just watch Mana.
Added a couple of videos and pictures. Damn I suck. Oh well. It's pretty fun, well worth the money. If anybody knows, how do you change your name for uploaded videos, from Player 1 Player 2?

#123 bendeco45

bendeco45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:52 PM

I can't find the game only version of this anywhere! >.<

i bought the game only version from amazon. someone posted a discount code, which i believe was SINGSTAR that got you $5 off. not sure if it's still active, it might've been for preorders only.

#124 bendeco45

bendeco45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

anyone know where to get wireless microphones for this game?

it looks like they're using wireless microphones in the intro to the game, but a quick search at amazon turns up nothing.

#125 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:02 PM

All microphones are wired right now. Making them wireless would increase costs right now.
Posted Image

#126 bendeco45

bendeco45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

All microphones are wired right now. Making them wireless would increase costs right now.

thanks Mana, maybe with the next PS3 version that comes out they'll have them, but i doubt it.

it's stupid that they'd put that in the intro to the game when they're not even available.

#127 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:19 AM

According to js1 in the PSN Cards thread, it appears Meijer may have gotten them in; therefore, I'm going to check mine out tomorrow. If people have trouble finding them, I might be willing to help some out, but we'll see.
Posted Image

#128 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:23 AM

Ummm...I beginning to hate this game.
I love the actual game,
but the Singstore...
It hates me.
It won't let me download anything. It has froze EVERY single time (I've tried 30+ times).

#129 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:44 AM

Ummm...I beginning to hate this game.
I love the actual game,
but the Singstore...
It hates me.
It won't let me download anything. It has froze EVERY single time (I've tried 30+ times).

Weird, because I don't seem to have issues anymore, but then again, I try not to stay long. I just try aiming for what I want and buy quickly.
Posted Image

#130 bendeco45

bendeco45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:18 PM

it froze on me the first time i tried to access it, which was about 2 weeks ago. i then logged back in immediately after rebooting the system, and successfully downloaded 4 songs. i've only gone into the store once since then, about a week ago, and i had no problem browsing for about 5-10 minutes.

hopefully they get whatever issues they have cleared up, and you can start downloading songs, Azumangaman.

the only issue that i really had was that the downloads took FOREVER. it shouldn't take 45 minutes to download 4 songs.

#131 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:33 AM

Finally got to play this today since my PS3 arrived. Pretty fun game, downloaded 5 songs for now. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with slow downloads, was thinking it might be my end at first. Don't have any videos/pictures yet but feel free to add me!

#132 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:52 AM

I...
almost fell in love...
With the Singstar store.

I bought 9 songs.
None of them downloaded. They stopped downloading because there was an ENORMOUS thunderstorm.
Something really weird happened. The video just disappeared for the PS3. Everything is still plugged in and you can still hear everything. But no video. So I can't d/l the Singstar songs (they're in my Queue).

Oh well, I do have to study all week anyway (EXAMS!)

#133 Cmoore58

Cmoore58

Kiss Tha Rangs B****!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:40 PM

there are more songs in the singstar store there are now 239

#134 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:56 PM

there are more songs in the singstar store there are now 239

Yeah I just noticed today, so I'll update the OP soon.
Posted Image

#135 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:04 AM

Ok so I'm happy.
I managed to purchase 22 songs.
'Cept they're all downloading.
Is there any way to check the download progress?

It has said "1 0f 22" at the bottom of the screen for a while now...

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out that "the bottom of the screen" part is exactly where the progress shows :D
Its now 3 of 30 :P

I LOVE the Singstore. It works incredibly well now.
I also love Sing Star

#136 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

Updated OP with new songs.
Posted Image

#137 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:17 PM

Ok so I'm happy.
I managed to purchase 22 songs.
'Cept they're all downloading.
Is there any way to check the download progress?

It has said "1 0f 22" at the bottom of the screen for a while now...

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out that "the bottom of the screen" part is exactly where the progress shows :D
Its now 3 of 30 :P

I LOVE the Singstore. It works incredibly well now.
I also love Sing Star

You buy WAY too many songs. :-P But I can understand, because the music is so great in the game. Personally, I'm a big fan of more traditional music (which I normally hear on radio stations or music I grew up with) along with the music videos in the background, and it's what SingStar provides.
Posted Image

#138 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:55 PM

It was a buildup. And I had no idea so many great songs are in Singstar.
Only 5 downloaded, and Singstar was mad at me, I'll have to retry to d/l the rest of them.

#139 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:05 PM

I know there are some good songs in the list already but has anyone heard about us getting Crystal Kay to download? She's J-Pop but she IS a Sony artist and has some great songs.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#140 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:34 PM

There seems to be a stealth update on the SingStar store. I say that because I noticed Avril Lavigne "Complicated" is up.
Posted Image

#141 evergoo

evergoo

Proud to be Frugal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:44 PM

There seems to be a stealth update on the SingStar store. I say that because I noticed Avril Lavigne "Complicated" is up.

Both of her songs (Complicated and My Happy Ending) were up the day of the 6/13 update. I think some others were also new to the US Store but not listed as NEW b/c these songs were already up in Europe.

goo.gif evergoo.png

Recent Game Purchases: X-COM Collection, StreetPass Games Bundle, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Currently Playing: StreetPass Games, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time

My Latest Karaoke Video: Lady Gaga's Just Dance

#142 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:47 PM

Both of her songs (Complicated and My Happy Ending) were up the day of the 6/13 update. I think some others were also new to the US Store but not listed as NEW b/c these songs were already up in Europe.

Well, they were never up before in the U.S. store, since I don't look at new songs (I usually look at all songs). Kind of weird.

I still want to know what happened to "Heaven Is A Place On Earth", because I'd download that right now.
Posted Image

#143 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:29 AM

Are any of the videos in HD? Do they plan on releasing them in HD? Do other regions have different songs available that we don't?

#144 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

Are any of the videos in HD? Do they plan on releasing them in HD? Do other regions have different songs available that we don't?

One video is HD. I thought the main reason videos were not in HD was to save space, but I'm thinking many of the songs may not have a native HD video (due to being old).
Posted Image

#145 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:00 PM

Oh yes. UK has atleast 40 songs on us, maybe more after the recent updates. Off the top of my head I can remember Alice Cooper and the Darkness.

#146 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:07 PM

Some of the Editors videos are HD I believe. I'll let you know, they're downloading now.
Superb songs, btw.

#147 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:01 AM

Finally got the this - my second PS3 game! I am totally loving it. Buying the same song in Rock band and SingStar hurts a little, but it's nice to have the choice.

Does anyone know if any of the songs in the store are country or if we can expect country songs in the future? My mom wants me to get some songs she'd recognize.

Bought:

A-ha - "Take On Me"
Blue Öyster Cult - "(Don't Fear) The Reaper"
Cyndi Lauper - "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
The Clash - "Should I Stay Or Should I Go"
Elvis Presley - "Suspicious Minds"
David Bowie - Heroes
Franz Ferdinand - "Take Me Out"
Len - Summertime
MC Hammer - "U Can't Touch This"
The Monkees - "Daydream Believer"
R.E.M. - "Stand"
Radiohead - Creep
Roy Orbison - "Oh, Pretty Woman"
Roy Orbison - Only the Lonely
Spice Girls - Wannabe

Want to Buy:

Buzzcocks - "Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You shouldn't've)?"
Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
Belinda Carlise - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
Billy Joel - Piano Man
Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
Don McLean - American Pie
Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
Roy Orbison - Crying
Run DMC - It's Tricky
Sister Sledge - We Are Family
Survivor - "Eye Of The Tiger"

#148 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

Is anyone else finding that actually downloading the songs is much more difficult than actually buying them? I bought 30 last week, and its taken me an entire week to d/l 10 of them.
Its because the SINGSTAR server sucks so much.
Damn.
Still love the game though.

#149 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

Is anyone else finding that actually downloading the songs is much more difficult than actually buying them? I bought 30 last week, and its taken me an entire week to d/l 10 of them.
Its because the SINGSTAR server sucks so much.
Damn.
Still love the game though.

Well, I bought three songs yesterday and it took me around 5-10 minutes to download all.

That sucks to hear because when I bought 15 songs, it took me like an hour at the most to download all (I think). However, I have Verizon FiOS internet (which is pretty high speed).
Posted Image

#150 riggy469

riggy469

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

I just picked this up last night for $53 at Costco (I missed out on the GS deal) and so far I love it! The Singstar online stuff is pretty slick, and I bought 11 songs last night and didn't have a single issue with the store. It took about 20 mins to download them all.

The one thing I don't understand is the availabilty of certain songs, or lack of. I would love to get Fix You by Coldplay, or Feel Good Inc. by the Gorillaz, as they were removed from the USA release. They should have these songs on the store!