[OOS] World of Warcraft Collector's Edition (PC) $75 shipped free at Amazon

Gosh darn this is a freaking good deal! If it werent for the fact i just bought Half-Life 2 i would be ALL over this. Great job cheapy

When Warcraft 3 came out, I paid $80 for the collectors version from Amazon. 5 months later, the same was to be had for $30 (not from Amazon, from Compusa or something).

WoW is very fun so far (Level 25 Mage) I play on the Hellscream server. If you play give me a /t Hypoluxa.

With the way collector editions fall in price (check out SWG), I'm not sure $5 off is a great deal unless you have to have it now. I guess the fact this game is getting great reviews and sold so good initially could affect this, though.

Well all i can say is that these are going for over 100 on ebay(please dont horder this people) but for those who are looking to get this game this is a really good deal. Mooky i have heard great things about WOW and MMORPGS i think are a love or hate thing. Most people wont try them out due to the pay per month but they are fun and you play WAY more then any regular game, so much that it will take away time from most your other games, which is why i think its better to spend 13 bucks(not sure on WOW price) a month on a game that holds my attention more than a $40 or $30 game that will have little replay value once i beat it

[quote name='turls']With the way collector editions fall in price (check out SWG), I'm not sure $5 off is a great deal unless you have to have it now. I guess the fact this game is getting great reviews and sold so good initially could affect this, though.[/quote]

Its not so much the $5 savings as it is hard to find.
Plus, you don't pay tax at Amazon ;)

[quote name='Weedy649']Well all i can say is that these are going for over 100 on ebay(please dont horder this people) but for those who are looking to get this game this is a really good deal. Mooky i have heard great things about WOW and MMORPGS i think are a love or hate thing. Most people wont try them out due to the pay per month but they are fun and you play WAY more then any regular game, so much that it will take away time from most your other games, which is why i think its better to spend 13 bucks(not sure on WOW price) a month on a game that holds my attention more than a $40 or $30 game that will have little replay value once i beat it[/quote]

I think it would be hard to hoard given the high price of the item :p

Well, I just started playing WoW myself for the last couple of days and I am happy to give my opinion!

MMO's can really irritate me as people get either too role-playish and you feel like you are in a Ren Faire, or people get too much into power-leveling their characters and they just act like idiots. Thus far I have played Shadowbane, Asheron's Call, a little Star Wars (hated it), City of Heroes, and now Warcraft.

Warcraft thus far has been good fun, and the environment is quite pretty. One thing I like is that they really strived to maintain the sense of humor that I like about the older Warcraft games. There could be more variety in the looks of the characters, but so far I am enjoying the game quite a bit. So far I really have only played by myself, so the game feels less like an MMO.

Oh, and the game could use a little more cow bell.

My 2 cents!

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='turls']With the way collector editions fall in price (check out SWG), I'm not sure $5 off is a great deal unless you have to have it now. I guess the fact this game is getting great reviews and sold so good initially could affect this, though.[/quote]

Its not so much the $5 savings as it is hard to find.
Plus, you don't pay tax at Amazon ;)[/quote]

The tax savings is worth $4-6, depending on where you live, and the shipping savings is also like $3-4, depending on how you ship it.

Figure that into the savings, as compared to a GGC or a 10% off coupon (like the one at BB this weekend).

[quote name='Draccius']It's gone now. :([/quote]

maybe the Amazonian gods will be nice and have it available again tommorow...

Now it's new and used from $160...geez. How did I miss this?!? I have been sitting at my computer since I got out of class at 3:30. Dammit!

The collector's edition is hard to find. It may only be a limited release deal. If you are half way interested in the extras, and not everyone is, grab it as soon as possible. EBgames doesn't even list the CE on their website.

Anyone remember the 'one day' price EBgames had back in March of last year on the WoW collectors edition? It went for $49.99 (for one day) and of course, I ordered a copy. Nearly 9 months later, it shows up -with the bonus they added several months later to sweeten the pot. It's actually well done - their art book is delicious and the DVD is a joy to watch. The other goods are forgetable however. I haven't even started playing yet... but who could pass up a deal like that? Grab it while you can - collectors editions of most games are RARELY, if ever, reprinted - despite demand.

Yeah, this is a truly limited Collector's Edition...I've heard that they only pressed 75,000 copies and there will be no reprint. Got mine though! (Well, hopefully soon, I hope it doesn't take ages for Amazon to ship.

The crazy thing being that the regular edition seem to be sold out in many places too. Gamestop and EB online.

For a MMORPG to be sold out...that's unheard of.

[quote name='qtseng']The crazy thing being that the regular edition seem to be sold out in many places too. Gamestop and EB online.

For a MMORPG to be sold out...that's unheard of.[/quote]

Regular edition is far from sold out. Fry's and Target still have copies. Its just that Gamestop and Eb games suck for availabilty.

[quote name='ofacto'][quote name='qtseng']The crazy thing being that the regular edition seem to be sold out in many places too. Gamestop and EB online.

For a MMORPG to be sold out...that's unheard of.[/quote]

Regular edition is far from sold out. Fry's and Target still have copies. Its just that Gamestop and Eb games suck for availabilty.[/quote]
It all depends on where you live...all the Targets around here are completely out. If i ever do see a copy, its the lone copy on a random shelf. Around here, its scarce

bread's done
Back