EB/GS: Buy Nyko Perfect Shot and HotD Returns OR Ghost Squad and save $10

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

I was at Gamestop yesterday and I saw a big stand up sign saying this. I understand this deal is sorta YMMV since it's pretty hard to find a Perfect Shot in stores, but getting the Perfect Shot with HotD Returns OR Ghost Squad for $35 is a pretty awesome deal, IMO

I didn't have time to take a pic of the sign. I'm sure someone here can take a pic of it and I can update the OP if people are interested in this deal.
This seems to be a B&M only deal as I looked online and saw nothing.

I also checked the forums and I did not see anyone post this. So if someone did, I apologize :)

FYI, I believe it said sale ends 5/18

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#2 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

Nice, already have Ghost squad but would definitely pick up Perfect Shot and HOTD.
Posted Image

#3 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:10 AM

So this deal has already started?
I'm gonna have to check it out Wednesday or Thursday.
Thanks for the info.

6041.png

#4 Animefalcon

Animefalcon

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:40 AM

need to pick up HOTD2&3 again since my xbox and DC lightguns died on me

#5 reicaden

reicaden

Needs More Cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:45 AM

was this used stock?>
I have tried TONS of these websites, but this one delivers. <<<YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS!>>> 63.00$ in my account and counting! :) Just make a Gmail email, and bam you are good to go.
Posted Image

#6 rod0921

rod0921

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:50 AM

i saw this on sunday night (they put up the ad early) im pretty sure its nationwide, only problem is they gotta have the perfect shot in stock which is doubtful, luckily my store had one left so i picked it up..great deal

#7 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

Gamestop employees are so clueless about the promotions the store is doing. I asked one of the girls (no...just no) about this and she said they weren't doing anything like that. I look at my receipt, sure enough, HOTD was 19.99 instead of 29.99. They didn't have any signs up in the store about it either.

At least i got the discount.:)

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#8 Rockaway BeachBQ

Rockaway BeachBQ

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:56 PM

Stopped in to a local GameStop today in Howard Beach and they said the promotion was over after checking a book. They did not have HotD or the gun in stock anyway. I may still give this a shot at one of the GS on 125th St. in Harlem on my way home from work tomorrow.

#9 Rockaway BeachBQ

Rockaway BeachBQ

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:32 AM

Picked up HotD 2&3 and the Perfect Shot at GS on 125th St. in Harlem. I had to ask for the perfect shot, it was in a cabinet. $10 off the game. I didn't even ask about the sale, I figured I would return them to another store if the price was regular. Who knows how long this will last.

#10 snipegod

snipegod

Level 5 mustache detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:22 AM

was this used stock?>

Anyone know the answer as to whether this works on used games as well?
Posted Image

#11 pellucidity

pellucidity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

Worked for me as well, didn't have to ask for the promotion. Picked up the last 2 perfect shots so the GF isn't left out, sorry CAGs.

But, we can say: Your Milage Should Not Vary.

#12 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:05 PM

I did get the last PS at my GS.
Beat the crap out of my high scores on Links Crossbow Training.
I love that thing.
Wish I had more money for HotD.
I do have Ghost Squad. :D

6041.png

#13 Alucard400

Alucard400

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:39 AM

Thanks for the post! I went to gamestop in Wilshire/vermont in LA,CA and the employee said there is no such promotion for the two products when I mentioned it. I told her I'll take the items anyways (the PS was the last one on that store). She rings up the items and she had a long paused. I just smiled and asked if the promotion was showing on the computer. and She said yes. I will confirm that this looks very very "NOT YMMV" deal. This seems to be a nationwide store promotion (kind of quiet for a promotion since there aren't a lot of perfect shot accessories available).
So if they have the items in stock and you're intersted, just buy them anyways even if they tell you there is no such promotion. If you end up paying full price for both items, you can always return them as long as you don't open the game.

#14 spudypresto

spudypresto

You would.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:24 PM

Little update here. There were no signs in my GameStop and none of the employees knew about the deal, but I was lucky enough to stumble upon a Perfect Shot and House of the Dead, took it to the clerk, and it rang up as saving $10.

#15 rpepper

rpepper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

Dang, and I ordered 2 perfect shots from Amazon a few weeks ago. I should have held on one and used this for HotD 2&3... :cry:
Posted Image

Current Playlist:
:360: Dante's Inferno

#16 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

There's a Detroit MEIJERs near work with a stack of those Perfect shots..Hmm.

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#17 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:22 AM

So, still, anyone know if you can get a Perfect Shot and Ghost Squad or HoTD used and get the same discount?

#18 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:51 AM

So, still, anyone know if you can get a Perfect Shot and Ghost Squad or HoTD used and get the same discount?

I believe the date on the sign said 5/15 or 5/18, sorry for not knowing exactly. This *should* be going on still. If your GS has both in stock, just ring them up and see what happens :bouncy:

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#19 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:50 AM

thanks OP.... both my friend and I were able to pick up Ghost Squad and the Perfect Shot for $37
YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

Posted Image Posted Image

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#20 kmartgamer

kmartgamer

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

is there an online promo code for this?

#21 spudypresto

spudypresto

You would.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

Sorry, I have no idea if this works for used games. I'd be inclined to think that it doesn't, but I really don't know. Since it's B&M the worst that can happen is they say no? The employees at my store didn't even know the deal was going on, so if you catch one napping, you may be able to pull it off for a used copy [if, of course, you can find one].

#22 lunchboxfett

lunchboxfett

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:54 PM

1 perfect shot in Stow< Ohio still left

#23 kmartgamer

kmartgamer

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:58 PM

can anyone get a pic of the sign or a scan of their receipt?

#24 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:43 AM

The deal does NOT work for used games. The promotion applies automatically in their system when the rep rings the items up. The discount happens if you ring up a new copy of Ghost Squad of HoTD, but not if you ring up a used copy. I tried.

Got a Perfect Shot and Ghost Squad today. Somehow, my copy of Ghost Squad was still sealed. A sealed game from Gamestop, people, which isn't a new release. I couldn't believe it.

#25 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:56 AM

Somehow, my copy of Ghost Squad was still sealed. A sealed game from Gamestop, people, which isn't a new release. I couldn't believe it.

both the copies that i got were sealed as well... not exactly a rarity. they gut one copy, deal with it; if that's such a problem for you (and i will admit that i don't buy gutted copies), then don't support them. as much as bashing gamestop is hilarious, this is troll and has no purpose.
YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

Posted Image Posted Image

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#26 snipegod

snipegod

Level 5 mustache detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:07 AM

both the copies that i got were sealed as well... not exactly a rarity. they gut one copy, deal with it; if that's such a problem for you (and i will admit that i don't buy gutted copies), then don't support them. as much as bashing gamestop is hilarious, this is troll and has no purpose.

Whatever "troll" came afterwards, the poster offered valuable information about the restrictions of this deal that people have been asking about.

Thanks for clarifying the no-go on used games, Utopian.
Posted Image

#27 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:22 AM

I really don't know why you attacked me like this. In my experience (and there are plenty of folks on CAG that express similar experiences, especially with getting Gamestop stickers on manuals now), I've only got sealed copies of games if they just came out.

I wasn't saying, "Oh, Gamestop sucks because the games aren't always sealed." I simply expressed my amazement at getting a sealed game.

Bashing Gamestop? Not at all.

Thanks for clarifying the no-go on used games, Utopian.

You're welcome. I tried to get the used copy partly for CAG, just to see if it would work. Also, of course, wanted to save a few dollars, but the difference between the new and used copies are only $3, so it hardly makes a difference.

#28 Xtreem813

Xtreem813

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:37 AM

I really don't know why you attacked me like this. In my experience (and there are plenty of folks on CAG that express similar experiences, especially with getting Gamestop stickers on manuals now), I've only got sealed copies of games if they just came out.

I wasn't saying, "Oh, Gamestop sucks because the games aren't always sealed." I simply expressed my amazement at getting a sealed game.

Bashing Gamestop? Not at all.

You're welcome. I tried to get the used copy partly for CAG, just to see if it would work. Also, of course, wanted to save a few dollars, but the difference between the new and used copies are only $3, so it hardly makes a difference.

Attack? It seems he was just pointing out a fact. If you like to leave a snarky little comment after your constructive posts to make yourself feel cool then be prepared to take a tap on the cheek.

#29 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:55 AM

Attack? It seems he was just pointing out a fact. If you like to leave a snarky little comment after your constructive posts to make yourself feel cool then be prepared to take a tap on the cheek.

I guess 'snarky' is open to interpretation, like everything else really. I really meant nothing by my comment.